• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Careful!!!

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by frodzet, Nov 22, 2016.

1. frosticus

frosticus Community Developer

all of reports in this thread support the 'detection window theory'. this explains why one account was not detected, while others seem to be detected as soon as logging in. this theory also states blizz turns on detection at will. suggesting the detection software is already there and just waiting to be activated. buddystaff has stated one of the main features of tripwire is to detect changes in software. there are many other features that they have not informed us about. this has led many to believe tripwire is ineffective against this new method of detection used by blizz.

random statements that are random
      blizz has the right to determine who can use their software.
      tripwire may not be effective against warden
      botting now is not suicide, its risk management

2. gippy

gippy Member

You cant really manage a risk when they could flick a switch at any second and detect us, from a casual side anyway it would be pointless to even start botting because by the time you've even half rebuilt you could be taken out on the way back up. Suiciding gold farming is the only real thing that survives due to the throw away nature of how you bot anyway.

To me at this point, tripwire seems nothing more than a glorified ban announcer. I think the problem with hb is that its coasted along without much of a care whilst blizz have worked towards steeping up their game. Now blizz are miles ahead in the game, while hb is still stuck years behind. Not only in detection but even as a bot as a whole. Some of the bot bases have needed updated for years, take bg bot for example, its ridiculous. Even the questing bot needs updated due to how it runs, constant afks/losts and various other flaws.

Dont get me wrong, a few year ago hb served me really and got me everything possible to bot but now its more of a liability than anything else.

3. Anarki

Anarki New Member

qft

4. frosticus

frosticus Community Developer

you can manage a risk and this is how you do it:
      pick a method and you assess the risk, determine if the risk/reward factor is worth it
      discover alternate methods and compare.
      choose a method that gives the most reward for the allowable level of risk

your partially quoted statement shows me that you understand it already and just didnt see it in my previous post.

5. Frayman

Frayman Member Legendary

After watching all the ban reports and seeing my accounts drop like flies no matter what I did, even just attaching and sitting in SW. They were all banned. Now I know it could be coincidence but I am guessing I am either targeted by Blizzard or just plain unlucky?

Either way its Gnome sequencer for me from here on out ..Thanks HB for the good times but I don't trust you guys any longer

this is me being quiet now ....cheers

6. virtual

virtual Member

I always cheer HB in the defeat of blizzard, but now that we have been strung along and told over and over its okay and its not okay. Im glad blizzard is doing multiple bans this will help wake some of the people up on this site who have on blinders.

Rift and a few other companies where so smart they could catch a bot very easily and the companies trying to make bots gave up on them, i believe Bossland gave up on rift very quickly because of it, now i think blizzard has taken on the security that they can catch you very easily and there is no more anti detection.

7. braniac8472

braniac8472 Member

its simple - stop gathering in legion content - go back to battlechest lvl 100 bots and blizz will start tolerate bots again.

8. Iceflare

Iceflare Member

It's simple.
      We kill the batman.

9. Frizbick

Frizbick Guest

Please tell me you are trolling. Please tell me you are trolling. Please.

10. Rettob

Rettob Member

Same thing happened to me on a trial account with new name/email/address. My wow got disconnected after 4 hours of moving around in SW (manually) and with a message that my account has been temporarily suspended.. Either they are monitoring my IP or have a new scanning tool that can be activated at will.

11. bro1234

bro1234 New Member

If anything, it's a program or scanning tool that monitors for some code being driven by the bot attachment. It can't feasibly be IP driven. There's also a theory currently out there that new accounts are currently receiving higher monitoring than established or old accounts. This could potentially make sense if they are trying to prevent farmers from getting back up to speed. I've been testing 2 old accounts of mine that I have no attachment to or decent characters on and the bot has been running on and off for a couple hours at a time the past 4 days or so with no problems.

12. Applebudya

Applebudya New Member

Agreed.. the guy in the above post is dangerously misinformed. He did give me a good laugh!
      HB is a one way ticket to banned or suspended accounts.. As much as I don't want it to be true the facts of the last few weeks speak volumes.

13. bro1234

bro1234 New Member

I never told anyone it was safe to bot again. It's never been "safe" to bot at any time really. I'm simply reporting on what's happening on my accounts with my testing currently. I see the same doom and gloom from posters being butt hurt over loosing accounts every wave that this happens. Everyone gets all mad wondering how it could happen to them and blame HB staff. Talk of HB being dead and never going to work again. Then a couple weeks later everyone starts botting again and all is good in the world until the next ban wave. If you care about your account and don't want to ever lose it then don't bot period. I happen to have the resources to not care when I lose accounts in a wave. I simply grab some junk accounts and run tests until the waters seem to calm down then buy a couple new geared characters off playerauctions and go back to having fun until the next wave again.

14. ekeefe41

ekeefe41 Member

I bought a $4.99 account and have been botting for two days not, level 62 i think?

So far so good.

15. RubyWep

RubyWep Member

It most likely sets up an injection method when you choose which process to attach to, so it's actually before hitting start.

16. Lister

Lister New Member

Started 6 Days ago in a Account who was banned 2015 in the fist Bannwave for 6 Months its still running and alive!

So somebody is wrong here!