• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Collection][Plugin] Game Objects and Units

Discussion in 'Development' started by Giwin, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Giwin

Giwin Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Last Updated - Monday, 30th September

Making a 1-90 and I didn't want to manually get locations for the Hotspots since I have over 500 quests so instead I decided to get them automatically...

Useful for Quest Profiles (Hotspots, CollectFrom), Difference from WoWHead is that they show location X,Y,Z.

7zip, LZMA2 Compression Method. Inside a ZIP file because attachments doesn't support 7zip :(

Will update every month or so, in future I'll probably convert it to a CSV file.

Features:

• Collects WoWUnit Information
      • Collects WoWGameObject Information
      • Format is Name|Entry|Location|ZoneId
      • Removes duplicates on bot restart (using ToDistinct())
      • Stores Name, Entry, Location and ZoneId

Attached Files:

2. Tweety

Tweety New Member

What is this again?
      It helps quest bot, kick profiles, by adding additional source for quest pick-up objects, etc?

3. Giwin

Giwin Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

It collects a variety of information based on the type, this includes Game Object and WoWUnit as this information can be used in the tags such as Hotspots in order to locate a certain mob or this can be treated as a database of mobs locations.

For example, the bot goes and picks up a quest from an NPC... this will get the NPC's Location so next time you can put the Location inside the quest profile, if you have to ask why you have to do this then you'd understand if you made quest profiles (sometimes the bot is just more efficient if it knows where things are, like grinding for quest mobs it will move around a lot more if it has hotspots)

this isn't just for kicks it's for other people who may want to create quest profiles but the quest worked without adding all these extra and the time it takes to collect such information can be cut down by using this.