• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Confirmed Bans

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by Fisher67, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Fisher67

Fisher67 Member

Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20742865671?page=6#118

Lots of speculation going around, so here are the best guesses. Beyond these, no one truly knows what's going on except Blizzard employees.

• Based on the reports, this is a relatively small, surgical ban wave (can infer from this that DB itself is not currently detectable, which means Blizzard is resorting to other detection methods like looking for certain account behaviors)
      • In this ban wave, many of those who were banned were 24/7 botters
      • Highly ranked players are clearly being targeted/scrutinized by Blizzard for botting activity
      • The botters who were exposed on the wrong side of the tripwire earlier in 2016 were apparently banned
      • A number of TurboHUD users were detected
      • Seeing more seasonal ban reports than non-seasonal
      That's it.

A lot of this is psychological warfare. That's why Blizzard uses ban "waves" instead of doing it as they detect it. Don't pay any attention to that. Botting is a risk. If you can accept the risk, then simply trust the DB developers (again, if the program was truly detectable, there would be a lot more ban reports, probably hundreds.)

Botting is about having fun, don't let paranoia spoil that fun. :)

Update:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
      venndann likes this.
    2. Kards

Kards New Member

haha, bring it. i really don't care at this point. my goal this season was to push it to retarded levels. my 4 player team is going strong 24/7.

i think i understand why criminals keep pushing it to the next level, its what we humans do.

3. Recklessness

Recklessness Member

Gabynator said that he used nothing this season and he get banned...he played like 24/7 and was over P3500...i think blizz banned mostly high paragon people :eek:

4. austinpower

austinpower Member

Botting is fun. Botting is life. Sorry, we are not addicted to the game itself, but the bots. If Blizzard is gonna wipe out the entire bots, who cares? But who will economically suffer the most? Isn't it Blizzard? Last year, Blizzard banned the entire honorbuddy bot, and how much did they lose money per month for doing that? Was their company stock going up or down? We're, botters, gonna find other games and bot.

5. jbotwww

jbotwww New Member

No he botted for a while at the start. He stopped like 4 weeks ago because he was scared.

It seems like they went through leaderboards and looked at playtime tbh. More than just banning high paragon or actually knowing who botted.

6. Pwnagizer

Pwnagizer New Member

Isn't it obvious? There's been talk of an expansion. Why not release a major banhammer then release a major expansion that's been in the works. Lol.

7. capti

capti New Member

with out the bot theres no reason to play too much of a grind

8. flyingst

flyingst Member

yep!

9. exodia

exodia Member

^so much this!

10. Defqon

Defqon Member

LOL currently 400 viewers on Diablo Twitch now in total! Probably the lowest i've ever seen. I think blizz should just allow botters discreetly and obviously ban them if they're blatantly doing it on stream or advertising in the community. That or bring back an economy.

11. laxika

laxika New Member

Maybe. I'm in the top 2k, botted almost 24/7 still no ban. Maybe I'm not high enough.

12. jbotwww

jbotwww New Member

Top 2k? Thats not even on leaderboards. Im talking in the actual rankings on the leaderboard ingame and not paragon level either.

It might not even be top 1k they looked at. I know I personally was hovering in the top 2-20 depending on when i pushed again. My friends who botted as much as me and 4 player never did solo and weren't in the top 1k in 4 mans either. They are still going now and only my main got banned and 3 followers who have been playing non stop are fine as well but they also aren't on any boards either.

So many of the people who got banned(not all but most) were very high top 100 of their classes and of the groups.

13. laxika

laxika New Member

I'm never going to reach that tlevel :D cool...

14. kuskner

kuskner Member

im plvl 1250+ and im on the leader board no ban here.. What is this wave you are talking about?

15. 69hades

69hades New Member

I was pretty much pushing it, with my Toon. Never got banned, had my foil hat on the whole time.

I am Para 1000+

16. Recklessness

Recklessness Member

Im top 500 Eu with pure botting xD But i dont rly pushing grifts to the max :eek:
      Finished G83 in 10minutes...
      I think its a kind of risky if you push to the limits to hard with bot

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    17. adjutantavocado

adjutantavocado New Member

Pretty sure the ban wave had something to do with the tripwire event a while back. I was botting heavily up to maybe a week before the tripwire event, then stopped playing D3 altogether (lost interest). I have not been banned. So I'm guessing anyone who was caught botting during the trip wire event was added to a list, and anyone who botted using an older version of Demonbuddy after the tripwire patch were also banned. These are my suspicions anyway.

18. SIL3N7

SIL3N7 Active Member

This was expected but what is Interesting. I was expecting there to be a lot more.

Bans Happens yes. But unless there is more this s really Nothing not out Of the Normal

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    19. Shylari

Shylari Member

Pretty much lost interest in the season before the tripwire stuff started happening.

Once all the other bots came down too, I just stopped botting entirely.

Until next season anyway.

20. jbotwww

jbotwww New Member

My 2 other friends just got banned 30 seconds ago while we were raiding on wow lol