• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Considering to make a few plugins.

Discussion in 'Community Developer Forum' started by jamilnielsen, Dec 22, 2016.

1. jamilnielsen

jamilnielsen Member

Hello, i am a basic programmer, who have messed around with various systems and coding types, i can understand quite alot, however i am a "Basic" programmer meaning that i'll need a little help with some functions.
      here's what i need.
      for my first plugin, i was thinking of making a plugin that tells the bot to perform a hard reload after finishing a trip to a vendor.
      for this i need.
      A: a function to listen to that could tell me when the bot is executing and finishing its trade routine.
      B: a function to initiate the reload, i guess that's (Builtin.reload Method) were i then need to either 1: figure out how to detect when it finishes its reload or 2: just make a wait timer on about 10-20 seconds.
      then use the (BotMain.Start Method) to resume its grind or whatever its doing.

there's also an other question to consider before even starting.
      does the reload stop ALL activity, if so i'd recon making a plugin for this would be quite pointless.

the purpose of this plugin was supposed to be a "regular bot cache clean up" since it tends to degrade in performance over time.

i was also considering making a plugin to solve the worldspace bot crash issue.
      my idea a handshake between profile and plugin.
      when the profile moves over to an elevator event that leads to an other world space, then instead of pressing the last button, it will send a signal that the plugin listens to, were the plugin will then do the last step and immediately after (BuddyBot.Stop Method), wait 30-120 seconds and (BuddyBot.Start Method)
      with this profile creators can make profiles that travel from planet to planet.
      this would also let us create profiles more on par with what's on the diablo 3 bot.

there's also the third thing we need fixed, and that's quest npc's who goes from hostile to ally at 5% hp.
      i believe that could also be solved by having a plugin that listens to profile sending a signal that this is a boss fight and if there's only 1 active hostile target and X amount of time has passed, finish combat routine.

these are all ideas, and i might not even finish them but i believe its worth throwing my ideas out there, i will attempt to do this but why don't we all work as a team to make usa great again!...i mean wingbuddy...

2. Logandros

Logandros Moderator Moderator

3. jamilnielsen

jamilnielsen Member

took a look at it, but didn't see it, there's also the fact that this is still a concept and a few key things require, for example that the script can keep its state regardless of bot being on/off and regardless of people pressing the reload function just to name the basic.