• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Contacted Blizz to try and get unbanned

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by cgregory, Feb 1, 2017.

1. cgregory

cgregory New Member

So after coming home and seeing i was banned i tried to appeal, using the excuse that my brother was playing on my account when i wasnt home, i knew he was playing but wasnt aware he was botting. I would have used the 'i was hacked' excuse but i dont know enough about hacking and it would have been obvious if the GM asked me anything about it. Here are the logs from the chat with the GM

FRAEDENAR 19:49:55
      Hello

YOU 19:49:57

Hey fraedenar

FRAEDENAR 19:50:36
      How can I help you this evening?

YOU 19:51:07
      Well i would like to try and appeal my ban if thats possble

YOU 19:52:26
      I got home from school today to see that my account was banned for 6 months, after speaking to my older brother (we share a computer) he told me that he had botted on my account, i knew i was playing on it, but not botting, is it possible to get the ban shortened / removed?

FRAEDENAR 19:52:39
      It's not sadly. The action taken on your account was for Exploitation through the use of Third Party Programs and was only done after your account was found using them repeatedly. This is one of the worst things you can do ingame so it carries very heavy penalties. Your account will be unusable until it ends on 30 July.

FRAEDENAR 19:52:55
      You can play other World of Warcraft accounts you own or set up, just not this one.

YOU 19:53:39
      But i dont own any other accounts

FRAEDENAR 19:54:19
      Yea neither do I, it was just to let you know that the suspension only applies to this one account, it isnt all accounts you own or will own

YOU 19:54:28
      I dont really know what to tell you man, other than that i'll change the password to my Bnet and log out everytime im not using it

YOU 19:54:32
      oh ok

FRAEDENAR 19:58:21
      Did you have any other questions for me this evening?

YOU 19:59:16
      well i mean not really unless you are able to pass me onto someone else? I just dont think you read my explaination but its cool i guess

FRAEDENAR 20:00:38
      What is it you think I didn't read?

YOU 20:00:59
      'I got home from school today to see that my account was banned for 6 months, after speaking to my older brother (we share a computer) he told me that he had botted on my account, i knew i was playing on it, but not botting, is it possible to get the ban shortened / removed?'

YOU 20:01:18
      i dont really think i didnt get a direct response to it, or i may just have missed it

FRAEDENAR 20:01:51
      I did answer that above but in the interests of clarity, I'll answer directly to what you're hoping will get you out of this. We action your account rather than the person responsible, so it does not matter if your brother or you did this, your account was punished for it.

YOU 20:03:46
      but surely thats punishing me if i have to purchase another account? Like i said i wasnt aware that my account was being botted on

FRAEDENAR 20:05:12
      We can't enter a situation where we're actioning brothers instead of account owners, or everyone guilty would just suddenly have brothers. I am sure you can see the huge opening for abuse there.

FRAEDENAR 20:05:36
      As the account owner, you're responsible for everything happening on your account and your account will be punished for any breaches of our policies

FRAEDENAR 20:05:44
      This is why I talked above about your account being actioned, rather than you

YOU 20:07:51
      Yea i can understand about the brother thing, im not sure if you are getting people messging in about that but surely an exception can be made? I also understand about the account being actioned, however it was someone using that account that was in fault, not the account its self

FRAEDENAR 20:09:56
      We don't make exceptions for this kind of account action unfortunately. There isn't really anything worse that you can do ingame due to the effect it has on the ingame economy and our customers playing legitimately. There's zero chance of it being lifted or adjusted early, so you won't be able to use that account until 30 July.

YOU 20:11:44
      Just out of interest, what actions took place on the account, specifially to do with botting?

FRAEDENAR 20:13:34
      We don't go into detail like that, as it allows the gaining of information that can later be used against us to avoid future account action. Sorry but I'm afraid all I can tell you is that the account was found using third party programs that are not permitted repeatedly, so it was actioned.

Is there anything else i could have done/said to get unbanned? i have another banned account on a completely diffrent bnet and may attempt to get that unbanned as well.

2. ThePunisher

ThePunisher New Member

Punish your dear brother for 6 months, starting today. :cool:

3. Phyxios

Phyxios Member

re-read that and look at how bad of an excuse it is. o_O

4. cgregory

cgregory New Member

haha yea i know, i couldnt think of anything else, any suggestions? plus i got pretty desperate at about midway through

5. SpaceBound

SpaceBound New Member

nothing works. people have tried everything in the book. if u get caught botting. your fucked.

6. Phyxios

Phyxios Member

I Suggest if you plan to do a live chat appeal, you work it out yourself "guess" the answers supports going to give you, so that you can interject quickly, without needing to re-think the story/lie.

99/100 blizz wont overturn one of these bans. I know of 1 person who got theirs switched to a 72 hour suspension but not this ban wave, but i fully believe it was based on their situation and how good of a liar he was.

7. cgregory

cgregory New Member

I knew it was unlikely that they would overturn the ban, is it better to try and appeal it through e-mail.

Also what was the excuse that the 1 person you know who got unbanned used?

8. geckoblaze

geckoblaze Member

Honorbuddy is useless. If blizzard can suspend then it knows exactly when u use the bot.

9. socrates3

socrates3 Member Legendary

There's nothing you can do or say when they know for an absolute fact you botted on the account.

10. Anarki

Anarki New Member

Not sure what you were hoping for saying that your brother botted willingly on your account. "He botted" on your account and the account got banned. Not you, not your brother, but the account.
      You would've had a higher chance if you said that you got hacked or bought level boosting service. Although that probably wouldn't work, but you never know, one can make a really good sob story, like when I said that I was a medical student and didn't have much time to level up my character but wanted to play with friends, that got me at least unbanned.

11. frosticus

frosticus Community Developer

i guess ive been banned so many times over the last 4 years i dont even get a real person from support. i havent conversed with a real individual in years. its always copy/pasta.

it still surprises me that people try to get unbanned.

12. braindead444

braindead444 Member

"Our support staff will not overturn this penalty and may not respond to appeals." In the email it says they will not overturn the actions that they make. You are wasting your time by trying to get your account back but it never hurts to try I suppose. The best advice I can give you is make a new account and start botting again. you can get the game for 10 dollars using the in game screen where it asks if you want to play the trail or upgrade your account. Then do not buy legion until you have gotten to the content just in case another ban wave comes in the next two weeks.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    13. emub

emub Member

I was thinking of photoshopping one of my arms out, saying I was in an accident and needed the bot to continue to play now :p Maybe get my 18mth ban lifted ?

Stjarne likes this.
    14. Pralen

Pralen Member

There actually is alot you can do, check out my last post on HB forum. I have never posted it before because i was scared that poeple would over use it and Blizzard would catch the trend. But since i'm now moving to another game i posted my guide on how to get unbanned. And it has worked for me almost every time