Demonbuddy for Season 16 released, updates.buddyauth.com !
  • Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Demonbuddy

Cosmic Wings [DB 1.1.530.0]

Discussion in 'Demonbuddy Profiles' started by dum dum, Jul 31, 2018.

1. dum dum

dum dum Member

This is a mish-mash a of few cosmic wing profiles updated to work with current Demonbuddy (as of 07/31/2018). Comes with two profiles: ModNerders.xml and ModWhimsydale.xml

Note: ModWhimsydale.xml is almost certainly pointless but I am including it as a failsafe. (Edit: actually, I have watched the profile occasionally load ModWhimsydale for the clear, so it is probably safest to make sure you have both profiles. Trinity does not always treat portal use as a new game starting. Theoretically the main profile should still work fine even without it, but it can't hurt.)

The fundamental problem behind why most cosmic wing profiles no longer work in DB is that changing zones via portal is oftentimes treated by Trinity as though you are starting a new game. This causes DB to reload your last used profile which breaks the way most Cosmic Wing profiles were set up to work.

To use this profile load ModNerders.xml and click on Start.

Profile Sequence:
    1. Southern Highlands
    2. Cave of the Moon Clan
    3. Cathedral Level 1
    4. Leoric's Passage
    5. Cathedral Level 2
    6. Cathedral Level 3
    7. Royal Crypts
    8. Western Channel
    9. Eastern Channel
    10. Core of Arreat

Do's:
    • Set your looting to the minimum amount possible (legendaries and cosmetic items are looted by default so you can disable most everything else)
    • Run this profile only in Adventure Mode
    • Use Phelon's version of Trinity (found here)
    • Run this profile at a low enough difficulty setting that you are basically one to two-shotting elites
    Known Issues:
    • Navigation errors will occasionally cause this profile to end unexpectedly which will then cause the game to restart. If you wait the errors will usually resolve themselves fairly quickly. But until they do they can sometimes happen several times in a row. If you are impatient then restart DB and select a different navigation server. It's still going to happen, but it might make you feel better.
    • Will sometimes not find the portal at the end of it's <Explore/> even when it moves almost completely to it which can also cause the game to restart. I am experimenting with the range on the <If/> condition. Nothing conclusive yet. When there is... IF there is... I'll update the profile.
    • A glitch in Trinity will occasionally cause you to commence a Town Run even when you don't need one. This seems to like happening in Whimsydale of all places. Town Runs WILL break a whimsydale clear, which is why I recommend looting the minimum amount possible. I am currently fucking with TrinityTownRun.cs to see if I can get it to only perform a Town Run if you are already in town, but that is a bit beyond my skill level. Who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky.
    Final Note: As with my Bounty Fix this is completely as-is. It does not work perfectly because current Trinity and DB do not work perfectly. But it does work well enough to get the job done

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    ThatOneDude, shay4444 and Mellowhype like this.
  2. Mellowhype

Mellowhype Member

First of all, I would like to thank you for your hard work, for the time

Script by how much this is great, but in 3 ~ 4 hours I could not see even 1 goblin yet, but this may happen because I did not explore all the maps, it was more frequent to find in the bug scripts(que nao funciona) that resets when it enters the portal than in the your, could put full explore and not speed.
    if I use scripts that do not work, I'm more likely to find it than on yours. So I ask please for a full version.

3. dum dum

dum dum Member

I understand your frustration, but random means random. There is only a 4% chance (roughly) that any goblin that spawns in a given area will be a Rainbow Goblin. And this is on top of an already smallish chance of there even being any goblin at all. It's difficult to find any hard data, but the estimates range anywhere between 5%-30% chance. Even when you do finally get a Rainbow Goblin there is only a 1% chance that Princess Lilian is going to be in Whimsydale.

The god of RNG is a fickle deity.

It takes roughly 15 minutes to fully run my profile, assuming no glitches, and there is a chance at 13 goblins spawning. I am not counting the doubling effect of the current goblin event. My own numbers tend to fluctuate, but monitoring it for the past hour yielded these numbers:

Run #1: 5 goblin spawns
    Run #2: 3 goblin spawns
    Run #3: 2 goblin spawns
    Run #4: 7 goblin spawns

None of them were Rainbow Goblins. And that is also a factor in how good a profile seems. Using this exact same profile I got two Rainbow Portals in an hour yesterday. The previous 24 hours I only had one Rainbow Portal. That's out of almost an entire day of running the profile. However, the day before that I got three portals within three hours using the profile. There's just no consistency to it. Random means random. If I had been using different profiles for each of those occurrences of Rainbow Portals spawning then it would have been very easy for me to succumb to the belief that the profile I was using when I got three portals in three hours was the better profile. But that would not be factually accurate, since the exact same profile only yielded 1 rainbow portal in the next 24 hours of running. It is hard to resist the lure of superstition!

Ultimately, this is a numbers game. If you run any profile long enough you are going to get the Wings. Maybe it takes 1 day. Maybe it takes 1 year. Random means random.

The bugs I mentioned affect every profile. This profile is essentially copied verbatim from the default profile with elements from a few others added in on top of my own modifications, so the random resets that affect this profile affect those as well. Watch them long enough and you'll see it happen yourself. I watched this profile several times run into the Southern Highlands looking for a town portal that didn't exist, getting killed, and then leaving game: https://www.thebuddyforum.com/threads/17-9-3-good-working-cosmicwing-profiles.407772/. I watched the default Nerder profile randomly log out when failing to find the exit portal, also several times.

If you still want to use a different profile out of the opinion that it will be better, then I have already told you how to fix them. All you have to do is add the whimsydale clear portion to the main profile. Just copy everything relating to clearing Whimsydale between and including the <if> brackets and paste it at the beginning of the main profile. It is profile switching that breaks the profiles. Nothing else.

Edit: If you are getting navigation error restarts constantly, then try selecting a different navigation server when you launch DB. It might help.

4. dum dum

dum dum Member

You would actually be 0% more likely to find Cosmic Wings using a profile that does not work. Just saying.

There is one thing my profile does that others do not:
    [​IMG]

5. dum dum

dum dum Member

Actually just got a second Rainbow Portal not even 10 minutes later. Random is random, dude. :p
    [​IMG]

6. finalzach

finalzach New Member

I buy DB just for the wings...
    I hate DB just for the wings...
    Dum thank you so much do this...

7. dum dum

dum dum Member

Lol, I completely understand. I bought a DB key just for Bounties...

You're welcome!

8. ThatOneDude

ThatOneDude Banned

Niiiiiiice