• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • CowQuests 1.0 - HB2 questing profiles maker/helper

Discussion in 'Archives' started by cowdude, May 31, 2010.

1. hokuto

hokuto Member

Would love to see this updated xD

2. DissBeeChris

DissBeeChris New Member

if the original poster disappeared I can look at the source and update it

3. Natfoth

Natfoth Community Developer

What is wrong with it that you guys need it updated? Mine ran perfect for me, it showed the new zones such as Tol Barad and even the quests for it. Or are you guys talking about the profile that is generated to match the new ones. I might be able to help with that and get an updated one out. I will look at it tonight.

Edit: Updating it now with a few new features for the new quests.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
    4. Natfoth

Ok I went back and found the QuestOrderMaker.exe that hawker made. I will see what I can do about updating that one instead. Here it is for everyone for now. Works with QuestOrder and has all the new quests working.

Edit: Just found out that cowdude is updating his for the new release of HB. Can't wait to see it :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
    5. cowdude

cowdude Active Member

It is already updated, but we need to figure out what should be set on a questing profile, and how. It's now impossible to find basic 'boring' quests that a bot could easily do without having to grind >50% of the time.

To be honest, you could use the new version of my quest order importer as it handles the new <If> statement (races, classes, quest series) and would allow anyone to get a raw questing profile, but you'd better wait for a few weeks for more gorgeous questing profiles improvements before rewriting hundreds lines of XML profiles.

6. packetpath

packetpath New Member

Would it be possible to get the updated code? The code posted doesn't seem to be updated as you describe. I realize that future updates to questing profiles would require more changes but there are two profiles that I would like to update and this tool would save me more than a little time.

7. Lul

Lul New Member

Hmm, how about adding in GiverId (npc id)? Would be soo much better.

8. cowdude

cowdude Active Member

There will be a public release soon™.

Custom quest behaviors are going to change in a way to allow the questing bot to complete special quest objectives even in combat, which means you'll need to update quite often your questing profiles to get them working and improved as much as possible.

I am currently working on these unusual quests involving scripts to complete their objectives but the upcoming release won't support them. I need to wait for some HB improvements to be able to add these quests into an auto-generated profile.

Another issue we're facing since 4.0.3 is the new quest series. As a lot of quests now require a special class/race or both, you can easily guess your questing profile may not work as good as expected for some races or classes. Let me give you a basic example:

Quest series:
      Step 1 involves doing Quest #1, #2 or #3 (they may be race/class-specific)
      Step 2 involves doing Quest #4

In order to pick up quest #4, you need to complete at least one of the three previous quests. I'm already handling that kind of case and I'm talking to Nesox about finding a workaround. The current solution is to add something like <If condition="Lua.GetReturnValue<bool>(\"return PlayerHasDoneQuests(...)\")">, which is damn awful.

I'm thinking about releasing a first version without quest series check and wait for an HB API update to add them, will see how it goes.

9. unvoid

unvoid New Member

This would be awesome

10. unvoid

unvoid New Member

If you would like help testing or anything on this let me know :-D

11. Smarter

Smarter Member

I wonder if you might release your classes for ripping that data from WowHead, one of my side projects is a API for grabbing data from Wowhead.

12. borriquito6

borriquito6 New Member

if you need a beta tester to report bugs pls let me know ;)
      im your man^^

13. keleshia

keleshia Member

I will definitely donate this if it is an unpaid plugin once it is ready! It will be real handy for people like me!

14. cowdude

cowdude Active Member

If you want to help this project, here's what we need atm:

1. Lots of custom quest behaviors if you know C#, HB API and BT. It must support 'UV' coords (aka 2d coords or map coords, like {12.34, 98.76}) and XYZ coords if you wish to be more precise. You can convert UV into XY using a small helper class I've made months ago (search the dev board) and then get a Z coordinate using the Navigator class.

2. Give me a bunch of wowhead quest links that match the current working custom behaviors. Only 'talk and listen to story' can be easily supported to complete quests right now. If you coded a new custom behavior, feel free to attach it here (or link it) and give me quest examples that must use it.

3. Give me your ideas about how to sort the quests. Atm you can choose between 'wowhead order' (default), 'sort by quest level' and 'topological sort'. The last one will order them s.t. it won't break quest series. You can also tag or remove quests that require another quest to be complete if it's not in the output quests set.
      For example, you dump quests from Un'goro, and quest #123 requires quest #42 done. Quest #42 is in Badlands so your profile won't work unless you manually add #42 before #123. I've added a few options to deal with those kind of quests as mentioned.
      If you feel that you need something more 'powerful' than that, just ask and I'll give you my point of view.

4. Code a custom behavior that completes newbie practice quests like Oh, A Hunter's Life For Me - Quest - World of Warcraft or A Healer's Touch - Quest - World of Warcraft.
      Arguments must be something like Arguments="SpellName,TimesToCast,TargetEntry,TargetApproximateLocation.U,TargetApproximateLocation.V"

15. cowdude

cowdude Active Member

16. Natfoth

Hey cowdude have you seen any of my quest behaviors that I have release. You requested quest behaviors for a few quests but I have already finished them a few days ago for people to use. I also have quite a few others, and I am working on one for bomb quests and vehicle quests right now. So go take a look at that. Uncataloged

17. cowdude

cowdude Active Member

Yeah I saw them. I can only export UV coords from wowhead as I said.

Furthermore, I need a list of quests that should use each of them.

18. Smarter

Smarter Member

???