• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • CowStats (Honorbuddy web monitor) - HB2 release

Discussion in 'Archives' started by cowdude, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Liope

Liope New Member

Great plugin.. Really godlike plugin this is so great, i can monitor the bot when i'm not home.. Simply awesome! Looking forward to updates so we do not get the "Crash" error even though it's not that big a problem :D
      Looking forward to FLV streaming if you end up doing that.. Would be neat ;)

Anyway.. Once again, Great plugin!

2. bio72301

bio72301 New Member

Damn I really wanted this to work.

Plugin from C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\New folder\Plugins\CowStats could not be compiled! Compiler errors:
      File: CowStats.cs Line: 416 Error: 'Styx.WoWItemQuality' does not contain a definition for 'None'
      File: LootTracker.cs Line: 168 Error: Cannot implicitly convert type 'uint' to 'int'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing a cast?)

3. Mupp

Mupp New Member

This plugin's hasn't been updated for a long time mate.

4. bio72301

bio72301 New Member

Yah, I know. But with Posts as recent as 6/23 saying its working great. I thought it might be good to go

5. Kiyumi

Kiyumi New Member

WTB update + gb version!!!:rolleyes:

6. bio72301

bio72301 New Member

Got it running, the 1.9.45 update or whatever it was from Hawker fixed it. (not sure how that works) There are a couple things.
      The Loot box seems to not be polling for data.
      Whatever the window under the screen cap is empty, along with the one under the main information window.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
    7. Liope

Liope New Member

Under the screen cap is probably the chat and it will fill up as chat is written in general, whispers and such

8. cowdude

cowdude Active Member

Well, I didnt know Hawker fixed something, and I guess he would have told me about it.

This version should does not work at 100% since it's pretty outdated.

And as I'm saying on each previous pages, it's being updated. And I mean fully rewritten with some new features for increased stability. At the moment my dev. version does not crash HB anymore but some stuff are broken due to HB bugs (KLD are always 0/0/0, for example...).

CowStats is now made of 4 parts:
      1. CS core (HB plugin), which opens a socket server to send its data to any app or plugin
      2. CS remote, a plugin that sends CS core's data to a remote server
      3. An HTTP server (CS will embed one) hosting html and js files
      4. CS remote server, a server that stores data sent by CS remote plugins (expect a Java application)

Part 1 is done and fully functionnal. It supports raw ASCII queries or HTTP requests and outputs JSON data, which can be parsed in any language.

Parts 2 and 4 are a bit tougher to code as they require a database to store data. I'm not coding them right now as they are only useful for people behind a firewall or NAT.

Part 3 is my current goal. Not a lot of work to code a simple HTTP server forked by HB. Note that you can use any HTTP server instead of it, even if it is not installed on the same computer as HB.

-------------------------------------------------------

=> If you didnt understand a freaking single line of this, here's a short summary:

a. You are behind a firewall
      You'll have to install CowStats core and CowStats remote. You'll also need a CS remote server access, which will surely be provided by someone in the community.

b. You're not behind a freaking firewall and you only run a few HB at the same time
      Then you'll only need CowStats core and CowStats web server.

c. You're not behind a firewall but you run a lot of HB sessions at the same time
      Well, CowStats core is not optionnal ofc. Then the easiest solution would be to install your own CS remote server so you can monitor all your bots at the same time, on a single webpage. You could also do the same as a. if you don't want to host the remote server.

------------------------------------------------------

Plugin devs / PHP fans / etc:
      You'll be able to do whatever you want with CS core output. Two ways to do this:
      1. Code something that listens to CS core's socket and parse JSON data
      2. Code your own (or extend) CS remote server => CS users will connect to your server and send JSON data periodically.

9. Liope

Liope New Member

Looking forward to it, can you give an estimated time on when you think a release for the public will come ?

10. cowdude

cowdude Active Member

I'd say within a few days ("soon"). More seriously, you can expect to see a first beta version - without remote features, before July 7.

11. cowdude

cowdude Active Member