• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Cutscene Crashing

Discussion in 'Buddy Wing Support' started by tsukasadt, Jul 14, 2017.

1. tsukasadt

tsukasadt Member

I found posts over the years referencing similar issues, but I could find a solution other than "bot's fixed" or "service fixed", so I'm asking.

Long story short, I'm playing through the storylines, so I'm not skipping the cutscenes, but this is resulting in some sort of timeout with almost every cutscene where the bot will not work after unless restarted. When I try to start it up, the bot crashes and I have to kill the session via BuddyAuth before I can get back on it.

Other than the not-so-easy to purchase key and this crashing issue, the bot's been great as a combat bot, and I'd REALLY like to not have to keep BuddyAuth open to kill sessions every few minutes because of cutscenes.

I've attached 2 log files of my 70 Jedi Combat Sentinel. The first one crashed with
      Code:
      [1] ERROR App - System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
      The second one crashed with
      Code:
      [1] ERROR TorObject - Engine class is null, TorObject may no longer be valid!
      [1] ERROR App - System.Exception: DbOffset is Zero.
      Immediately prior to the crashes, though, both had a cutscene where the following was logged:
      Code:
      [Main Bot Thread] INFO  BotMain - We've left an area, reloading the node manager!
      [Main Bot Thread] INFO  NodeManager - NodeManager update has completed.
      [Main Bot Thread] INFO  BotMain - Reason:
      [Main Bot Thread] INFO  BotMain - We slept way too long waiting for the bot thread to give control back. Aborting thread. Client may crash!
      [3] INFO  MainWindow - Log cleared.
      [1] INFO  BotMain - Reloading the NodeManager..
      [1] INFO  NodeManager - NodeManager update has completed.
      [1] INFO  BotMain - Forcing profile reload. -- Temporary fix for behavior cache issues during start/stop.
      [1] INFO  BotMain - Current bot set to Combat Bot
      [1] INFO  CharacterSettings - Character settings have been saved.
      [1] INFO  ProfileManager - Loaded profile
      This isn't my kind of programming, but the logs seem to say that the cutscenes are triggering a location change and that the bot can't handle it, or that it doesn't wait long enough for the cutscene to finish to handle it. Odd thing is that it only seems to wait ~3 seconds. What can I do to keep the bot from crashing?

Attached Files:

2. Logandros

Logandros Moderator Moderator

That's a new one. I've leveled 2 new characters over the past month and did not skip cut scenes and I've had no problems. What profile are you using? Have you tried just using an empty combat profile? I see in your logs it's not specifying so I'm not sure if you are editing that out for privacy. So at first I have to suspect the profile. If using this profile doesn't work, what mode are you running the game? Full screen, full screen window, windowed? I would suggest trying windowed.

Best of luck

Attached Files:

tsukasadt likes this.
    3. tsukasadt

tsukasadt Member

No, I haven't edited the logs at all. I'm using just a blank profile for it to only act as a combat assistant that I named "CombatBot.xml":
      Code:
      <profile/>
      It works great other than the crashing from cutscenes. I swear, I could never manage a manual rotation half was well as the default rotations do. ^^'

Checking what you posted, it looks like it's only differences from mine is that it has a name declared and mine has no space in the filename (As a web programmer, I know that spaces in filenames have been known to cause problems in various things, so I try to avoid them whenever possible. ^^'). As for the game mode, fullscreen window.

I'm not able to play right now, but I'll try switching to windowed and your profile when I can. I wanted to get this posted so I would have things to try when I get home. ^^'

4. tsukasadt

tsukasadt Member

Not sure which it is, or if both, but I did both and the bot has mostly stopped crashing. Now, it's every few hours instead of every other cutscene. xD

5. Logandros

Either way, good news.

6. tsukasadt

tsukasadt Member

Yeah, now I just gotta figure out how to get the CRs to load on launch without having to close the first launch, delete the CompiledAssemblies directory, and relaunch it. Skipping the initial launch does nothing. xD

7. Logandros

Sounds like you got something going on there that's causing some of this. If you have any malware stuff or built-in stuff make sure you had the BW folder and all it's contents to the exception list and launch both as an Admin.

8. tsukasadt

tsukasadt Member

My account is admin. Only higher account is the system administrator account used for recovery/safe mode.

As for malware/anti-virus, I'll try adding it to the exceptions list, but I actually ran a comprehensive scan of my system yesterday in both and nothing from BW was called out. I won't be able to test until tomorrow evening, though. Family situation prevents it. :(

Could HDD compression being enabled cause this problem? It just occurred to me that the drive BW is on is the only one I still have compression enabled. I guess I can test that, too.

9. Logandros

Compression could absolutely cause an issue and so can the exception list depending on the AV program. In any case what you are experiencing with the crashing is not common and seems to be unique so I would take a shot at both.

10. tsukasadt

tsukasadt Member

Well, the crashing is mostly fixed. It's that the CRs aren't loading when I first launch BW. Well, I'm give moving it to a non-compressed drive a shot tomorrow. Thank you for all the help. :)

11. tsukasadt

tsukasadt Member

Well, I added the entire BW directory to the exceptions list on my AV, AM, and FW in addition to moving to a non-compressed drive. There is a slight improvement in that the CR is available without having to delete the CompiledAssemblies directory, but it still takes a second launch of the bot to load.

I'm thinking my computer just doesn't like it. :(