• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • CycloneRoutine - COC Discharge Cyclone Routine

Discussion in 'Archives' started by WiN, Jun 20, 2016.

1. WiN

WiN Member

CycloneRoutine - Generic Cyclone Routine

Not updated for 3.0 - I am not playing Cyclone this league so there won't be any update from me, sorry.

Breach League Update (Dec 2016)

COC got a lot of nerfs and is no longer meta or op - however this routine works with pretty much all Cyclone builds - removing the delay and cycloning into packs at top speeds.
      I am running this with another Mathil setup this season - Raider Cyclone is Almost TOO Fast... Almost - YouTube (Raider Ngamahu Cyclone Updates & Guardian Fights - YouTube etc) this time with the new Unique 2-handed Axe: Ngamahu's flame + Xophs Blood Amulet.

There is a decent guide here Forum - Ranger - [2.5 BSC Raider - Cyclone] Aggnog's flaming meatball massacre - Path of Exile - it is amazingly fast once you get your AS up.

Also worth noting is leapslam with the Player Skill Aware Mover plugin works really well - you can 4 link CWDT (lev 9ish), Leapslam (lev10ish), Fortify (21) and Faster Attacks (21) to use leapslam for standard movement and for the move out of the way when we get hit all on one 4 link.

UPDATE
      I have added another version of the cyclone routine which now also uses Vaal Cyclone - the settings are hard coded - either 7+ mobs around you or Unique Boss - you can edit this yourself in notepad if you want to change it line 2007:

Code:
       if (_vaalCycloneSlot != -1 && (cachedRarity >= Rarity.Unique || cachedNumberOfMobsNear > 7))
      The rest of the guide below is now pretty much defunct, but I am leaving it here for posterity.

This is basically the Typhonus Routine from tozededao updated to work for 2.3 with the following features:

Cyclone Routine to spin at nearby Mobs without getting stuck
      Vaal Discipline (triggered at 65% Energy Shield)
      Vaal Haste (triggered by the following: 1+ Magic mobs, 1+ Rare Mobs, Bosses, 8+ mobs around you or EnergyShield < 75%)

I have hard coded the settings which have worked to get me from level 70 to 95+ and now farming t14. It assumes you are using CI and 100% Energy Shield (COC isn't cheap!). I won't provide a setup for life based - if you are using life based you need to level up, spend more and go CI with 5k+ ES.

SETTINGS
      This routine installs as a NEW Combat Routine in addition to the OldRoutine, make sure you select it from the list under Routines: CycloneRoutine
      Single Target Melee: 2
      Single Target Ranged: -1
      AOE Melee: 2
      AOE Ranged: -1
      Combat Range: 70
      Max Melee Range: 15
      Max Range Range: 35 (or whatever)
      UNTICK: AutoCastVaal Skills (or you will keep popping your Vaal discipline at the wrong time).

BUILD & GEAR

I won't give build advice, there are too many combinations and permutations. Read the following posts for build guides and gear guides (your questions have already been answered in the 16+ pages of discussions).
      Forum - Shadow - [HC] Video 2.2 CoC discharge trickster fast clear CI 11k+ ES 80% fire res 81% light res 4 auras - Path of Exile
      https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1656139/page/1
      https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667452/page/1
      Am I going to post my gear? Nope. Am I going to post my Skill Tree? Nope - the posts above have amazing amounts of info - and Skill Trees etc.

Before you ask, we all saw the Mathi1 twitch stream but: THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH SHIELD CHARGE

CAVEATS
      If you don't have 5-10ex to invest, dont try COC discharge. Or use this sub 1ex build:
      You must understand how Power, Endurance, Frenzy Charges work.
      If this is your first character this season - don't play COC discharge.
      Don't level as COC discharge.
      You will NOT be able to consistently clear t1+ without Vagan "Hits Can't Be Evaded" Dagger. make sure you dont have any Adds xx to lightning damage modifier on your gear ANYWHERE.
      You will NOT be able to consistently clear t5+ without Volls Protector with 5L
      You will NOT be able to consistently clear t5+ without Blade Vortex and Life Leech on your 5L (you must have enough Crit Strike from rings, dagger, jewels etc to support it)
      You will NOT be able to consistently clear t5+ without Vessel of Vinktar (**Important: Get the Damage Penetrates 10% Lightning Resist version - with as close to 80% increased charges as possible)
      You will NOT be able to consistently clear t5+ without Flasks "of Heat", "of Staunching", "of Grounding"
      You will NOT be able to consistently clear t8+ without Blasphemy + Warlords Mark, or Volls Amulet.
      You will NOT be able to consistently clear t10+ without Voll's Amulet (16ex minimum)
      You will NOT be able to consistently clear t10+ without Max Resists, Dagger with MultiMod (AIS, Spell Damage, Crit Strike), 2 Diamond Rings + "Add xx-xx Cold Damage" on a Ring or Dagger (NO ADD LIGHTNING DAMAGE)
      (yes there are exceptions to every rule, if you are well geared you can up the levels by 2, but as a general rule these are what I have found).

ESSENTIALS
      Flask Helper - Setup Correctly for each flask - you cannot play/live without this - take the time to get the right combination of flasks and set the right rules.
      Every flask needs the following "oh shit" setting (plus others):
      Code:
      me.EnergyShieldPercent < 75
      My FlaskHelper.json file is attached, remove the .txt from the end of the file name - the forum wont allow .json files to be attached - put it in your settings directory. You MUST change the FH.IsBurning, FH.IsShocked to match the flasks you have. This json is set for: Topaz - Heat, Diamond - Staunching, Ruby - Grounding (all Surgeons). Adrenaline on the Quicksilver.

Set Quicksilver (with Adrenaline suffix) to the following to make it trigger 100% of the time so you get fast cyclones:

Code:
      FH.NumberOfMobsNear(me,70) < 1
      FH.NumberOfMobsNear(me,70) >= 1
      Chicken at 20%
      Alcor Player Move (Whirling blades ticked Min: 13 Max: 70) Use version 0.0.2.4 until the new versions stop stuttering.

CONVENIENCE

Stashbuddy
      Advanced Item Filter
      Deathlogger

MAPS
      COC can do almost all maps but avoid these:
      of Hemomancy
      of Congealment
      Mirrored
      If you are trying to level, then I would also avoid "of Bloodlines" - the Herald of Obelesks and some other bloodlines cause the bot problems.
      Make sure you have over max resists for higher tier maps with "-Player resistance".
      Make sure your Blade Vortex is Level 1 (20Q) - so you can map Physical Reflect maps.
      Make sure your Cyclone is Level 1 (20Q) - so you can map Physical Reflect maps.

Version 1.0.0
      Version History:
      [HIDE]1.0.0 Initial Release[/HIDE]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    2. tozededao

tozededao Community Developer

Nice to see it working, hope you undestood all the shitty workarounds I used to try to make it cast really fast and try to avoid getting stuck on walls :D

I wonder whats your average map time?

3. FragileAssassin

FragileAssassin Member

Thank you so much for posting this! i will be giving it a shot tonight for sure... hopefully itll bring me what I need to keep going with EB

4. WiN

WiN Member

Honestly - I didnt understand the math code - i just updated the variable names - and I removed the farming Dominus code.
      Map times - 6-9 minutes depending on the map. I am running rare/20q/vaal/sac t13-t14 so I loot all chests and do the regal recipe to cover the cost :) Not the fastest for sure - but I can maintain a red map pool of 30-40.

5. FragileAssassin

FragileAssassin Member

so as it turns out.. there was quite a bit I was doing wrong.. lol
      It was working for me playing manually, but i had to change a lot of stuff.

Do you think you could share a little bit more detail about your flask helper settings? hell maybe even upload ur settings file so i can look at it? lol.. thats the only thing im having issues with.

6. WiN

WiN Member

I have added my json to the original post - it is for CI - all ES based.
      Out of interest the stuff you were doing wrong was stuff I mentioned as necessary?

7. FragileAssassin

FragileAssassin Member

I wasn't using blade vortex, i was using inc aoe - fixed
      no vinktars - fixed
      wasnt using the right flasks or correctly - fixed
      was not using vaal disc - fixed

got my voll's devotion today as well.

I already had a good dagger and 6L chest.. next step is to upgrade my shield a bit and then multimod my dagger.
      so as of now i manage max res in t10 maps, i have 8.2k es, 6 power charges, 5 endurance charges

I was only following 1 guide that was less complete than some of the ones you linked.
      thank you very much for taking the time to share this.. You just changed my whole play experience, not just my botting experience lol

8. WiN

WiN Member

Ah - good to know :)
      I have added more info about the .json - you need to edit it to match your flasks - or get the same flasks as described. Also the Vinktars has a specific affix that is best/compulsory almost (and cheapest) - 10% lightning penetration (added lighting damage is bad it destroys our Elemental Equilibrium and Converts physical to lightning costs 5 times as much and we don't do any physical damage).

9. FragileAssassin

FragileAssassin Member

I kinda figured that and actually did buy a light pen one lmao..

Experimenters diamond flask of staunching - i cant seem to roll surgeons on this..
      surgeons quicksilver flask of adrenaline
      surgeons silver flask of heat
      surgeons ruby flask of grounding

so mine are almost exactly the same lmao

also rolling ascent from flesh chain belts for +1 endurance right now.. so far ive blown thru 20 lol

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    10. WiN

WiN Member

You could just buy the Perandus Belt with +1 endurance charges for 30c - it is awesome and helps with the str and dex requirements.

11. FragileAssassin

FragileAssassin Member

just got one for 28c!

Finally got everything set up.. Its running quite well.. Im pretty impressed..
      I think this might have been the big thing i was saying it would take to keep me subbed.

Thank you so much for this!!

12. WiN

WiN Member

Good work on the belt :) Last piece of advice that will save your life countless times: CWDT, Lightning Warp, Decreased Duration (dont use it when playing by hand it will make you go crazy - but the bot handles it really well).

13. FragileAssassin

FragileAssassin Member

I have a CWDT + Flame Dash + Faster casting that ive been running and it works quite well so far.
      I cant find a download link for playermover v2.4 only the newer one.. EDIT: nvm found it in my recycle bin!

T9/10 maps
      [​IMG]

14. FragileAssassin

FragileAssassin Member

Getting disconnected for too many actions. any advice on what to do to fix this?

15. WiN

WiN Member

I have only ever seen this happen when using FPS limiter or on the Necropolis Map when the bot cant get into the Boss room - need more information.

16. FragileAssassin

FragileAssassin Member

It just happens randomly, fairly often from what i am seeing.. sometimes during combat, sometimes when back tracking through an area.. I can't seem to pinpoint any specific time that it happens.

17. WiN

WiN Member

If it happens outside of fighting then it isn't the cyclone routine - maybe update to the latest Alcor PLayerMove and see if it helps? Might be your PC lagging and then catching up due to COC graphic strain?

18. moscow552

moscow552 New Member

good work man
      it is smoother and not getting stuck again
      awesome.

19. jaksemurf

jaksemurf Member

Are you sure that it's this rountine causing that error? I've been using this since the first day I saw it up on the forums and have never had that happen.

Things like that autopot CE script, flaskhelper, etc cause that error fairly easily if you have a bad/weird config though. Have you investigated those types of plugins?

20. FragileAssassin

FragileAssassin Member

pretty sure it ended up being playermover.. i havent had it happen in a while.