• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [PAID] Daily Studio: Harrison Jones

Discussion in 'Neutral' started by Studio60, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Studio60

Studio60 Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Thanks to one awesome Bossland staff member, version 1.0.150318.1 is now live!

Well, that brings it up to 4.5 hours from first bug report to fixed live version. Looks okay to me. :)

2. Kvothe

Kvothe New Member

Appreciate the quick turn around on the fix, run 6 characters through so far with no issues at all.

3. Studio60

That's a relief. Good to hear it seems to be working now. I can imagine quite a few people will want to use it now that it is evening in europe and they get home from work.

4. Studio60

Today, players from the EU get offered "Treasure Contract - The Artificer" which is already part of this package.

5. Therrion

Therrion Member

getting this error

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    6. Studio60

Hello Therrion,

the answer is simple. Your log says:

And the product page says:

I have gotten quite a few PMs about this, so you are not alone in this, but the quest you got today is the last one missing in the bundle that hasn't shown up on EU servers since I started developing this product. I will add it, as soon as it pops up over here.

7. Studio60

Today, "Treasure Contract - The Thunderlord Sage" is available in Europe so I should be able to add that last quest to the pack.

Though with the weekend at hand and the current glaring issues that Honorbuddy is suffering from I can't promise a quick approval.

8. Therrion

Therrion Member

That's strange the only message I got was that Highvoltz was not valid entry o_O. I thought maybe the profile implemented autoangler2 like some of the treasure questing ones and it just wasn't working.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    9. Studio60

Maybe it was not noticable enough. Doesn't matter though as I am almost done implementing the quest and come the next release all quests will be included. :)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    10. Studio60

Version 1.0.150320.1 is now live.

Code:
      - Added Treasure Contract - The Thunderlord Sage quest chain
      - Surplus quest books are deleted from the inventory when the quest chain is done again
      - Updated HBRelog strategy to no longer throw errors when HBRelog is not installed

11. Studio60

Version 1.0.150327.1 has been submitted and is awaiting approval.
      Code:
      - Added Surveyor Daltry as possible questgiver.

I was not aware that Harrison Jones would not show up as quest giver any more after he became your follower, even though it seems logical. I stumbled over Surveyor Daltry this morning for the first time, got confused, looked it up and that is why this update is now happening. If you find things like this, please let me now. Azeroth is way too big a place for one guy to think of everything. :)

With a bit of luck, this change might be live tomorrow morning. Have a great weekend!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    12. CalifRHCP

CalifRHCP Member

Just like to report a little issue I've had with this. When doing the Gutrek's Cleaver quest line on the way there it will sometimes stop and fight the elites with like a million hp, or the rare spawns with like 6m hp. This can lead to a pretty bad time.

13. Studio60

Alright. That shouldn't happen. I'll look into adding a few more avoidance behaviors, the next time I see the quest.

14. WoWbotfan

WoWbotfan New Member

Just wanted to leave a comment here for anyone considering purchasing this. I have had a fantastic experience with these profiles!! So far I've done 2 of the 6 Harrison Jones quests with this profile (The Artificer and The Infected Orc). I had previously done Gutrek's Cleaver without HB.

I sat at my computer and watched these just to make sure they were AFKable. Both of the 2 have been amazing so far! So much so that I reached out to Studio60 to see if he would develop some other profiles. Even though I don't have much interest in the old dungeons, I may purchase some of them just to support him so he continues to develop other profiles. I haven't purchased any other profiles, so I can't really compare, but I've read through alot of the comments on other profiles that I want to buy. I'm hesitant on pulling the trigger on those other profiles because there seem to be a decent number of issues and if I'm paying for something, I want to set it and forget it.

Studio60 likes this.
    15. scottee

scottee New Member

Hi im having a issue and cant seem to get it to work. when i load the profile for the quest im on from the buddystore and it loads in honorbuddy and click start it crashes WoW. this is what HB is saying in the box....
      Changing current profile to Quest Studio: Harrison Jones (Explosive Discoveries) - By Studio60
      Starting the bot!
      Currently Using BotBase : Questing
      Current zone is Lunarfall (Lunarfall - Zone - World of Warcraft)
      Not in game But the WoW client couldnt find CVar named 'autoseelf cast' any ideas?

EDIT>>>> it seems that the profile isnt loading. its been 10 minutes and it still says loading? is that normal? ive only been using honorbuddy for three days so any thoughts to what could be wrong?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    16. Studio60

That CVar disconnect I have seen in loads of places. It has nothing to do with a specific profile. The status text "Loading Profile" also doesn't mean it can't load it. It just means that nothing else has written anything into the status bar since it started loading the profile. What I usually do when this happens is that I just log back in and then everything runs just fine.

In general it is always good to post a log when you report an issue with a profile: [Guide] How to attach your log.

Did you try to just log back in? What happened then?
      Did you try to reopen Honorbuddy and load that profile again? What happened then?

17. WoWbotfan

WoWbotfan New Member

okay, so I encountered my first issue. I watched the profile as it ran Treasure Contract: Amulet of Rukhmar. On the part where it's supposed to pick up 5 Research Notes, I watched as it passed by at least 2 notes, and it came fairly close to them. I stopped at that point, and began to look around for them on my own.

Once I'm done picking up the notes manually, I'll restart it and see how it does. Note that ElvUI is installed, but disabled.

I've attached the log.
      View attachment 8944 2015-04-21 13.02.txt

18. WoWbotfan

WoWbotfan New Member

And another observation, that's more of feedback for HB itself (not sure where to put this though, so maybe someone can relay it) is when playing a druid and in water, it mounts a ground mount. Swimming on a ground mount is both slow and blatantly obvious that it's a bot. It'd be nice if logic were built in to use Travel Form, or an option for a Water Mount if someone has one. Looks more human.

After I found the notes manually, the profile ran as expected and completed the mission.

19. WoWbotfan

WoWbotfan New Member

And lastly I just noticed Studio, that your description page on the buddy store says The Thunderlord Sage quest isn't yet included. But below, you list:

Version: 1.0.150320.1 (3/27/2015 3:24:20 AM)
      - Added Treasure Contract - The Thunderlord Sage quest chain

So I think you can update the description page so that doesn't deter someone from buying.

20. Studio60

Okay, gotta answer these in parts. And thank you for attaching a log.

It would be interesting to see if he just picks up two others and continues on. The whole zone up there is pretty busy and that is why the bot is sometimes forced into other directions (e.g. during combat or due to avoiding spell effects).

I think a lot about those things. Another problem would be that after a vendor run with the Tundra Mammoth or the Yak he doesn't dismount but keeps riding around on those monstrosities. As a human I always switch to my standard mount after I used a vendor mount. So what I am doing now is including parts of these fixes in a plugin I am creating this very moment that supplement my profiles. And it is also going to be free so look out for it.

Thank you. I missed that. Fixed the description now. :)