• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Damage avoid possible

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Thecamel, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Thecamel

Thecamel Community Developer

Hi guys,

I brought the bot today, At it looks promising.
      My ranger worked out of the box, and did decent search and collect.

Damage avoided ? NO.

I would like to know what could be done to implement some kind of script that moves when the toon is taking dmg.

With the exception of the new patch, and even then the dmg incoming is very easy to step out of.

With out this feature, Hardcore botting I feel will never be possible, because you cant just facecheck a boss till you die and come back and do it over and oever until its dead.

Thanks in advanced.

2. kossboss

kossboss New Member

Well I think they may improve this as they add map farming but to be honest there are certain clases/builds that are just not good at botting with. You need a tanky build or a build that does holy shit tons of damage (which usually costs alot) that it can steam roll everything. So usually you end up with a tank bot build. This really is just becuase to write the logic for the bot to make it kit is doable but very difficult and they have more important thing to be working on. So shield cyclone or ground slam are two builds i would recomend. I personally think usually mele is much easier with a bot that ranged.

3. ElStupido

ElStupido New Member

Damage avoidance = kiting.
      Kiting = really hard to make AI logic for it.

Even if they make "running" away from mobs, theres huge chance that you just run into new mobs.
      As mentioned above - try more tanky build. Maybe have 2x chars, one you bot on and get items, other you play yourself. If its just for bot account - reroll...

4. Thecamel

daemon Buddy Kites really well, Ive botted right to lvl 60 as Hardcore.

5. lilsavalex

lilsavalex Member

What build are you currently using?

6. Thecamel

No build in concrete yet, Just playing with some of the Softcore Toons that die in Hardcore for what ever reason.

I have used a BM/LA Ranger build - Was great for AOE botting, however no good for single target Boss fights.

I have a level 12 ranger now grinding the ledge at the moment in hardcore, Doing well so far.