• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Default Combat Discussion

Discussion in 'Combat Routines' started by Ama, Jan 5, 2015.

1. SirSik

SirSik Member

Kind of... We came up with a workaround decent enough that the bot can heal... just can't be "fine tuned" as well as it used to be

2. ajf64

ajf64 New Member

@Logandros is there a way to turn the auto use of force leap off when just using the bot for auto rotation it never used to use force leap when just using it for rotation but since this last update it dose id still like to use it in farming so i dont want to remove it completely thanks in advance

im a guardian tank

3. Logandros

Logandros Moderator Moderator

There is a function key for charge abilities. Just turn it off when you don't need it.

F6

4. ajf64

ajf64 New Member

thank you sir

5. Logandros

OK finally playing catch-up and getting a chance to look at and parse user changes and see what we can use for PVE. Keep in mind I'm not nitpicking just going through it with a list to see why things were done so I can make the changes where applicable then test them via starparse. As always, all user input is much appreciated in making the CR the best we can.

Carnage

1. I assume you are removing all the defensive cooldowns and stun breaks because you want to handle them manually (Unleash, Force Camouflage). So we wouldn't want that in PVE.
      2. Adding your Bloodthirst (but adding the argument) Me.Is.Incombat. I've seen abilities like this look very bad when they blow too often in ridiculous scenarios. Combat helps lessen it a bit.
      3. I see that you removed Disruption. Again most likely because you want to handle this manually. This feature as been added via Hotkey now so we want to leave it for PVE.
      4. In your prioritized rotation. I see you call for Battering Assault at the top and bottom. Is this a typo? The first cast in the rotation would need Ferocity, which you don't get until the second cast in the rotation.
      5. I see you dropped Force Scream that provides a nice stun which also leaves Execute giving no bonus to a spell when it procs. Can you explain the logic for this? It seems wrong but again I don't play a Marauder so I will rely on your theorycrafting.
      6. You removed Smash from AoE which is also a free stun, any particular reason and I do not see it in the single target rotation? Sweeping Slash even on CD just a better option?

Annihilation (pretty much no questions)

1. Again stun breaks are removed, so we would leave them as is for PVE.
      2. Moved up your prioritization of Deadly Saber.
      3. Single target prioritization looks great, I have no way of testing it but I don't see how it would be a decrease so going to adopt it.

6. Logandros

OK finally playing catch-up and getting a chance to look at and parse user changes and see what we can use. Keep in mind I'm not nitpicking just going through it with a list to see why things were done so I can make the changes where applicable then test them via starparse. As always, all user input is much appreciated in making the CR the best we can.

Lightning (everything makes sense just 1 question)

1. Why did you drop Force Lightning and Lightning Strike (were they a dps loss to be in the rotation)?

7. kurfer

kurfer Member

1: 90% of my play involves PvP so that's the reason for alot of manual abilities.
      2: Probably a good idea, I didn't even think to use that argument as I didn't know about it.
      3: In PvP for some reason disruption does not detect spell cast from players and I play alot of ranked so wanted this manual.
      4: This is going to sound strange but it feels to me like the rotation is constantly going down a list. When I had battering assault only at the top it would not use it when rage starved and instead use assault which was TERRIBLE for dps; assault should never be used if battering assault is available. Having it in the opener is required to start the burst rotation so I left it there but if I did NOT place it in front of assault again further down then it would use assault IF battering was available to build rage.
      5: Carnage is a fairly rage starved spec, I feel it's job is to be a beast on the dmg meter and let other classes utilize utility. Using force scream is a fairly significant loss in dps.
      6: Same as above, smash not a good choice for carnage. Sweeping is always better.

I know PvP isn't supported but I will say that I hovered in the top 15 globally for marauders/sents using just this for carnage/annihilation. The only reason I am not getting higher is because the top is filled with win traders that play odd hours. It's extremely rare someone beats me in DPS, i'm smacking down top ranked mercs and healers with this routine in PvP. I have had some games as annihilation where my damage was so high someone thought I was "hacking" the leader boards. I'm talking 6+ mil overall and 4+ mill over #2 highest dps.

As for PvE, I fair well against the top on parsley. I also run every now and then with a nim guild and hang with everyone in dps via our starparse group. Depending on the fights I usually win big over other melee.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    8. Logandros

Thanks for the response, I will make the changes with some notations in case anyone feels they'd like to put a different spin on it. The Force Scream still has be a bit puzzled as a dps loss since the call to only use during Execute would make it insta-cast and if anything should maintain the same dps. Either way cheers... glad you are tearing up PVP meters.

9. moebius13

moebius13 Member

i relay appreciated all the hard wok guys, what i need to know is on my telek shadow tank the bot used shadow strike in the rotation is there a way to disable it becaus it is not proprly used i if i need to go grab sommes addes il sh-strike and put me in a bad spot can we just turn it off ?

10. Praline

Praline Member

Press your F6 key.

11. Logandros

I assume you meant KeneticCombat ... Telekensis doesn't have a charge. But as Praline said .. all charge abilities can be disabled using F6

12. Zemnexx

Zemnexx Member

I am having an issue with no pre combat buffs working. I am using the blank combat profile to let it just handle my rotation, but none of the buffs from the default combat routine go off. Any ideas?

13. Logandros

The pre-combat buffs, post-combat healing, scavenging, harvesting nodes in range, mounting etc is designed only when the bot is in an automated state (with movement or questing). In order to see those applied with Default Combat you would need to use a profile like the 1 I attached (but this will do more than just handle the rotation and can be frustrating when you are controlling your character).

This is not an issue with Default Combat, it is how the engine was designed.

Attached Files:

14. Zemnexx

Zemnexx Member

Makes perfect sense, and would explain the issue. Ill try what you have attached and see if it works out, and if not, I'll handle the buffs on my own. Thanks for the response!

15. alekseygrebenev

alekseygrebenev Member

Is there any for SVN for combat routine?

16. Zemnexx

Zemnexx Member

I have noticed intermittent issues with the routine getting caught in a skill spam, and missing using other combat abilities that I have the Focus points for, and will go on a stint of using 1 ability before it kicks in and notices the other abilites are off cooldown and uses them. The hang on the one ability can last 2-3 seconds, and doesn't always occur in every encounter. What could cause that behavior?

17. Logandros

Would need to see a log but most of the time it's due to an ability that the bot is trying to prioritize is out of range and there is no range properly setup in the routine.

For example Shiv was improperly setup in the agent recently and was corrected:

Code:
      Spell.Cast("Shiv", ret => Me.CurrentTarget.Distance <= Distance.Melee && Me.BuffCount("Tactical Advantage") < 2 || Me.BuffTimeLeft("Tactical Advantage") < 6),

18. Zemnexx

Zemnexx Member

So melee attacks should be setup with this conditional?
      Code:
      Me.CurrentTarget.Distance <= Distance.Melee

19. Logandros

Not always necessary but in the case of Shiv it was an issue for Operatives. You can determine that by when you are stuck or seem to be waiting to do the next ability, move closer to your target and pay attention to the next ability. It will most likely be something that was out of range. Post a log or best of luck.

20. Zemnexx

Zemnexx Member

Using the default combat routine for this. All the abilities are melee abilities, and I am in melee range when it happens, I am a Guardian Vigilance spec and still leveling, but I am above level 10. I do not have any ranged abilities at the moment, besides my charge ability. Will probably fiddle around with it and see if I can figure out.