• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Development Priorities

Discussion in 'Rebornbuddy Forum' started by mastahg, Jul 13, 2014.

1. klepp0906

klepp0906 Banned

Except for the part where bots can usually get the data regarding something being up before people can even see it. They would have the advantage getting to mobs so long as the world is properly meshed.

That being said, another bot does it already so like everything - it is "possible"

However, I'm just here checking on frontlines :)

2. fdotlix

fdotlix New Member

yeah any ETA on frontlines?

3. mastahg

mastahg Administrator Staff Member

No. Getting questing into a good spot is #1 priority at the moment. As I have said before getting rb to look humanlike in frontlines will require a good amount of effort in updating the tools I use to maintain rb.

4. kagamihiiragi17

kagamihiiragi17 Community Developer

I don't think there's a requests thread, so I'm just going to put this here. Can we turn off combat for the TurnIn tag, or make it an option? When I'm running across a map to turn in a quest, I would never fight every mob I encounter on the way there, I would just run right past them all. Just a minor thing.

Grimmjow likes this.
    5. klepp0906

klepp0906 Banned

I just dont understand this. questing? their are such a limited amount of quests - most of relevence require you to be in a group or do a duty... and are done only once. Unless your leveing accounts left and right to rmt, what is questing going to solve?

I mean its a huge job, bigger than anything else im sure. And certainly a nice feature which is all but inevitable. But for being such a high priority i cant think of 1 scenario where I will use it. ever. Unless of course i scoop up another account i guess. Which i wont due to the uniclass system they used and the fact that gil was driven into the ground by undercutting morons.

You do realize that we have NO way to get tomes via bot right? None. You HAVE to play by hand if you want tomes. This isnt just in rebornbuddy, its the botting scene in general. (not for long to be fair)

However if you got something like this out, you would create SO much business for yourself. Not only will it afford tomes, but it will make PVP relevant again. We also have no way to PVP. Again, not just in this bot... but again not for long. Wolves den queues are regularly 4-8 hours because everyone does frontline for obvious reasons. The sad part is by the time we get frontlines, that will likely be dead too. Either way, acting now simply means $$ and attention for this bot. Its something no other provides at the time of writing.

Thats real talk. BUUUUUUUUT it is your bot, and its a permanent part of my toolbox so i'll let you do what you do and how you choose to do it. What i understand EVEN less is how this is a one man project. At this exact point in time, this is argueably THEE premier mmorpg out there/most successful/active mmorpg out there. In earlier and later times, it will probably be second behind wow based on subs alone. MMOs arent often critically acclaimed and bar wow i cant remember one getting game of the year... yet none of the plethora of people who make up this company will help you. it BLOWS the mind. /poof

Anyways, true to form "bot needs update!" (sorry i couldnt help it lol)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    6. Zamphire

Zamphire Member

There may be only a few "true" quests in this game, but there a lot of other quests. When he says questing he means daily quests, levequests (both battle and trade) as well as anything else that requires NPC input. This will allow us to make fully AFKable profiles for leveling jobs. It will do the new quests at every 5 level for each job. It will allow you to turn in items for levequests. It will allow you to do the beastman leves (which do give myths, albeit not many.) It gets us access to a lot of great things.

As far as frontline goes, I don't know, I'm not really a PVPer, but from just looking at the game from a overhead view, there's a lot more that can be accomplished by having questing done then there is by making frontline work right. Front line is just one part of end game activity for people who choose to do it. Having questing done will benefit every one, no matter their level.

7. Wheredidigo

Wheredidigo Community Developer

I agree that Questing is important as the number 1 priority of a Bot should be to be able to 100% AFK from 1 to max level.

That being said....if frontlines were implemented, it would give a viable way to 100% AFK maxing out your tomes. Personally, I would be willing to pay a subscription to a bot if it were able to do this for me. It's not about whether you are into PvP or not because I honestly don't care about the PvP gear and whatnot, but being able to always have max tomes would be amazing for trying to gear out alt classes and that is the biggest motivation for people wanting Frontlines available right now.

8. Zamphire

Zamphire Member

I have to say I would love to have maxed out tomes at all times. Maybe work on it after questing is finished?

9. Wheredidigo

Lol, I wish I could control what Mastahg works on next!!!! That'll be up to him though

10. xvampx

xvampx New Member

Any plans for a mixed mode? Like where it mixes fates grinding in a zone with a grinding profile so it grinds mobs untill a fate pops in the zone that you want to do?

11. Dgame

Dgame Member

I tried to run an Orderbot profile while running Fatebot but that didn't work at all, for me at least.

12. Wheredidigo

Bump for priorities update......haven't really been keeping the userbase in touch with what you're deciding to work on lately.....

13. mastahg

I've spent a ton of time recently working on the tools I use to extract game data and build the meshes. They were created in a rush after support was added to the project to get the navigation system working and have been a mess ever since. I've been working on cleaning them up and making them expandable. I've also been working on the navigation meshes a ton, I've come to the conclusion that I'll never be able to get mesh to be 1:1 with where we can travel in game so I've been working on the tools required to annotate the meshes with links and custom boundaries. I am currently working on finishing up the ability to select quests with rewards and equipping/moving items around the inventories. After I'm done with that the next thing I need to tackle is localizing spells so that our very large Chinese userbase doesn't need to learn English to write CR's and profiles.

14. Endus

Endus Community Developer

The mesh doesn't have to be perfect (although obviously it doesn't hurt to improve it). What would really help is some kind of unstuck ability IMO (like what's built into HonorBuddy). I see that MoveResult has UnstuckAttempt. Are there any plans on using it with the current botbases?

15. kaihaider

kaihaider Community Developer

plugins should be able to handle that.
      but for now it's a bad idea because it will mean less mesh errors reported...

what we really need is an variable and enum in spell data that says if it's an aoe, cone, frontal, or direct spell XD
      Or someone to tell me how to temporary disable botbase's movement/targeting in a cr...
      or check if an object is invulnerable
      or check if a spell is in the skillqueue
      or strafing...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    16. mastahg

Thats all it is, is a enum. Nothing else, there is no logic.

17. mastahg

I looked around for the data coresponding to aoe types, couldnt find anything reliable. Just pause the bot if your using combatassist. What?
      No?
      Yea...no.

18. kaihaider

kaihaider Community Developer

Sorry I'm having trouble following, did you mean:
      If so, can you tell me how to check if a spell is queued? I'm assuming you don't mean through cancast. cancast isn't handling spell queuing right now btw...
      I really looked around and couldn't find it...maybe just a hint?

Fatebot changes targets to closest targets and moves to a target for pull.
      I really really really wish it would not use movement/targeting while cr's combat or pull behaviors are running. It makes advanced cr movement/targeting impossible...
      Is there any way to do that?

btw, the invulnerable comment is about attacking mobs which are retreating and invulnerable.

And since I have you here, do you think the api has everything I need to make a custom fatebot botbase myself?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    19. mastahg

Spell's aren't queued anymore.

20. mastahg

The only time fatebot should be taking the reigns:
      1)during combat if the fate is moving and we are no longer inside its raidus
      2)We are out of combat

Unless they add a flag, this will most likely never happen.
      [/quote]

I don't think I used any internal funcs so probably.