• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Did you reformat or clean up your WoW install after the ban?

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by RubyWep, Nov 19, 2016.

1. RubyWep

RubyWep Member

My herb farmers got banned after the recent banwave and they were given perma bans which can come from a manual investigation while the ones hit in the wave were 6 month bans. Do you think that they flagged the bottling accounts and are reviewing the ones that got hit to see if they started up again? I somehow doubt that HB quickly figured out what was getting them detected, so they made a new update but Blizz was prepared and is looking through the flagged accounts from the wave. I tend to think the paranoia stuff is just that, but maybe we can make a connection here by seeing if those that reinstalled and such are safer.

Sometimes the info of two people can contradict and make the determination of what is causing the ban more difficult, so I'm mainly looking for people that got banned but didn't lose all accounts. What were the safe accounts doing differently?

2. sapcecake

sapcecake Member

No keep going , doesn't matter.

3. VanRookie

VanRookie Member

No one really knows, same happened to me.

This time I'll do a full cleanup though, just to be safe and make sure that's not a factor.

4. RubyWep

RubyWep Member

Well I did keep going and got hit, but if it's not a banwave flag which i don't think is, then something is different. Before the wave you could farm anything 24/7 as long as it wasn't certain instances, I had many accounts all doing the same profiles 24/7 for more than a month with some accnts getting a fair amount of "reported for botting" whispers, but that shit doesn't really matter unless you get a lot in a short amount of time or a high amount overall. Now I notice a lot of suicide farmers getting hit, so is 24/7 dead or are they just monitoring more stuff like legion herbs/skinning? It would take an investment of bots and some time for me to determine what's safe, but if we share good intel here we can determine what's up without a lot of trial and error and wasting money.

My friend says he's fine doing herbs only going 6 hours a day. The problem is that I need more info than this to know it will work. I might have gotten banned in 3 days going 24/7 because I am guaranteed to be hit by a scan when it comes on, but the people that are botting here and there a few hours are likely to dodge it for some time, but I don't really want to do this kind of botting if it's just luck when they scan and when I'm botting there is no point better to come back when you can scale and be more aggressive without getting shut down so quickly. This thread is to help figure out if it's a scan or it has to do with what we are farming or how long.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016