• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Disappointment

Discussion in 'Archives' started by turbocross, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. dj_hype

dj_hype New Member

I know that I am a newer member and my opinion doesn't really matter at all...but I have a feeling some might agree with me. Before I go on, I will say that HB has worked great for me and that I'm happy with the purchase I made.

However, I think that this is, naturally, what happens when you start charging for a product. When a product is free, people don't really mind when you slap a beta sticker on it, and if a certain option or a new feature doesn't function properly, they are more forgiving. But when you start charging for a product, people simply go into a different mindset that since they paid for it, it should work properly all the time. I happen to agree with that. That's why I was glad to see the HB team have two different threads for HB...a stable version and a beta version. The stable version has worked for me, so I have no complaints. If, however, the stable version didn't work, then I would be very upset seeing as the product I paid for doesn't work as intended.

If a beta doesn't work, so be it. Hence why I don't get mad if the PTR crashes. But if WoW live servers go down, I get upset because I can't use a product I paid for. I know that HB is a work in progress by a small development team, and the community here is quite good at helping the userbase out with problems and issues. But I also understand Turbo's frustration.

2. ski

ski Well-Known Member

Opinions always matter, new or not.

3. ski

ski Well-Known Member

Anyway, its far, far past my bed time and I have work in a few hours. If you are still having issues and want to do some one-on-one with me tomorrow, send me a PM and I'll set something up so we can chat and work on it together.

4. Reviir

Reviir Active Member Buddy Store Developer

Ski you know me I am a newish kid on the block but no noob. And I hate to say it... but the stable versions have so far not been stable. Well not stable enough to be labeled stable in my eyes. Some class's work great others not so much.

That being said... I am not angry or disgruntled... I am antsy on a finished product though LOL you know why :) but I have the time to wait on a QUALITY product to the level that hb has been is and will be known for.

5. Reviir

Reviir Active Member Buddy Store Developer

Oh another thought... get the dang mesh DL back on the HB / GB download forum... wth man :p

6. turbocross

turbocross New Member

Alright, I just tried 1.923 again, unloaded all addons (though they should work).

I loaded it up while the character was dead, it walks close to the corpse but starts auto clicking between two adjacent spots.

The res prompt comes up, but it doesn't click it. So I clicked it manually, then the bot works fine now.

I've yet to see if it'll bug out in a few moments time from now. Hopefully not.

7. wtg001

wtg001 Member

Mine is working perfectly for my lvl 59 pally. I am using the latest convalescence CC and HM 1.92

Strafing seems to be a problem of the past for me.

8. Tony

Tony "The Bee" Staff Member Moderator

as i just saw we have got 3 pages of posts without logs
      but
      turbocross lets say that 1.9xx are on beta and they have some problems....
      if 1.331 doesnt work for you,sorry mate but something must be wrong in your side

9. huriol1979

huriol1979 Guest

If they got lives and don't got time to fix the bot, then make it free and we solved the problem. Ofcourse they got lives after we payed loads of euros. Also the profiles are crap, i payed for the bot but can't use it properly because there isnt any good profile. And don't come up and say make your own profile because I didn't pay to make my own bot

10. ski

ski Well-Known Member

Do you have a job? Do you work your job 24 hours a day? Do you have a family or eat or sleep? Be realistic.

11. Tony

are you serious?
      you paid for the bot you got the bot
      you didnt paid for any profiles

12. ski

ski Well-Known Member

There's hundreds of people doing 1-80 using the publicly available profiles. Please don't spoil this thread.

13. turbocross

turbocross New Member

Alright i found out the reason for the 1.923 bug with trying to goto it's corpse.

Somehow the corpse fell off a cliff and HB couldn't find a path to it. Funny.

Other problems, are the important addons that were once included, else everything is pretty well.

14. aven59

aven59 New Member

It seems we pay for a bot that can level / grind. Please check other bots like AIO or PIROX, they have built-in profiles.

I'm using with success 1.331 to RAF right now, and I had NO succes with other releases.

Again, why not work for a stable RAF release before doing a more difficult quest system ?

I don't understand...

A newcomer, using the actual "stable" release will be deceived...

15. Tony

what to say now....
      can you at least give us a screenshoot and your nav log from the bugged spot?

16. Tony

if you are think that you are faster in coding provide us your code or lead the way to do it faster

i have 5 bots in progress atm leveling and grinding

Both Pirox and AIO are in the market before Hb

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
    17. trinity04

trinity04 Member

Hate to say this, but HB for me has never been stable. Crashes periodically, crashes Wow, Can do it in less than a few mins, or may work for hours. It's like this on several computers. Happens more often on a Win XP x86 machine though. Less often on a Vista x86. and sort of in the middle on vista and 7 x64. So I highly doubt it is on my side. I have completely formatted an XP PC to see if there were any issues. No Dice. I posted logs awhile back and was told that since my issues weren't widespread and the Devs couldn't recreate, it wasn't a priority. I have trouble believing I'm the only one.

Oh well. That was my small rant. No worries there. I rarely use this bot in favor of another, but I like to try it out and look in from time to time. The development is going fairly well, but the Developers seem to have a "Holier than thou" mindset. There are some cutting edge things here, but there are many things that you force people to conform to your backwards ways of doing things. Oh well.

And on the note of Profiles... Several of the public profiles now blow with HB2. the Old profiles need to be sorted in another subtopic. Even though the old ones still "Work", the paths that HB now creates to each zone/sub profile may no longer be ideal. Just a thought until more HB2 profiles are available.

18. Tony

19. Mordd

Mordd New Member

This definatly motivates me more to work hard on my 1-60 solid profile.

20. bullitownzyou

bullitownzyou New Member

Ye I had and still have some trouble, still love you guys(L) hhehe, keep up your great work, family and friends and school of course.. go first.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.