• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Dynamic Gather Lists (Collectibles)

Discussion in 'Community Developer Forum' started by anavidfan, Dec 9, 2015.

1. anavidfan

anavidfan New Member

Enthusiast working to piece together a profile based on emulating what I've found in the forums and other profiles. One question I had was whether we can build dynamic profiles for collectables based on what is available to turn in. Specifically i was hpping to help automate and cut down the configuration phase for this group. Quick logic outline...

Test 1: are red scrips capped?
      Test 2: is it <30 minutes until Collectibles rotate
      Test 3: What collectables can I turn in, what are they worth?

Output: this is what I should gather each hour (assuming Collectibles only). You could still manually code otherwise if you had other items you wanted.

From there profiles would be better able to handle item turnover and run longer. Plus configuration would be reduced significantly only requring if you want to gather non-collectibles.

Haven't seen it anywhere but curous if something like the Rowena's House of Splendor data output can be read by RB and then whether RB could store and act based on those results. Worth noting you do not need to visit Appraiser to pull up the turn in window, so if RB could read it you could do it anywhere I believe.

Thoughts?

2. y2krazy

y2krazy Community Developer

It could be done, but its likely that someone would need to reverse the windows for the House of Splendors and Currency. It would likely be best done as a BotBase or Plugin instead of a Profile.

Collectibles rotate every 18 or 24 hours, correct? If you're not in a position to monitor your bot every 18-24 hours, that wouldn't sit well with me for my account. It would definitely be welcomed by everyone I'm sure, but extrax's GatheringManager does its job well-enough without going as far as reversing the House of Splendors data and/or moving to a BotBase/Plugin.

In time, maybe, but I'm not sure any of the community devs are in a position atm to work on this - I could be wrong, though, so I'll leave it to them to chime in. ;)

3. anavidfan

anavidfan New Member

Oops deleted my post...
      24hr, but for me (west coast US) they seem to rotate right at a "painful" hour. Not insurmountable, but its what led to the train of thought.

Agreed, Entrax's profile{s} is{are} fantastic.

I was curious if there were existing hooks that I might be able to work off of (for instance I looked thru ExMatts TurnInCollectables.CS to see if it "reads" the window but couldn't find anything and I think it knows to turn in based on inventory instead). Thus, you answered my question that it would need to be coded from scratch. While a QoL thing, probably not worth distracting devs with already limited time.

Thanks!

4. y2krazy

y2krazy Community Developer

Yup. If any devs have the time, it would certainly be helpful, especially for those in your situation where you may be asleep when the Collectibles change, leading you to missed out on [potentially] several hours of Collectibles in your inventory that are worth little or nothing for the next 24 hours.

5. ExMatt

ExMatt Active Member

This isn't worth doing in my opinion. If you are collecting legendary red scrips, you are likely not going to have to run the script for very long. If you aren't collecting legendary, then the turn-ins don't change.

My 2 cents.

6. anavidfan

anavidfan New Member

Agreed -- enjoyed the thought exercise but not worth the work. I could see it being repurposed into things (Daily GC Turn ins, Weekly Challenge log status etc.), but ultimately small fish in the grand scheme of things. thanks for your feedback all!