• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [EU ONLY][BETA] HB 1.936 - Questing Overrides and Improved Targeting

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Hawker, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member Buddy Core Dev

As well as fixing a raft of small bugs reported in the previous thread, this build has 2 important improvements:

1. Targeting
      When moving to a quest objective, the bot now searches the local environment and if there is a hostile mob in the path, will try to kill it. This ends the problem of the bot dying too often as it quested. It also works in PVP.

2. Quest Overrides
      Some quests are not possible to read from wow memory and we need to provide the information needed to complete it. This build allows you to override hotspots and quest handins so ending the problem of the bot running into canals in Stormwind or into the walls of Orgrimmar. Examples are provided in the file Quest Objective Override Examples.xml that I've attached.

With this build, making safe reliable profiles that will take you to 80 is possible. You will still need to babysit the questing bot but once the profile is made it should be flawless.

Attached Files:

2. Nesox

Nesox Moderator Staff Member Moderator Buddy Core Dev

reserved for api changes

3. Apoc

Apoc Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Since Hawker managed to forget the Spells.bin explanation;

It's more or less a small DB of en-US spell names, so the DBCs don't need to be packaged with HB anymore. This also means; less memory usage, since HB isn't double-dipping for DBC info.

4. lowcroban

lowcroban New Member

Doesn't loot during mixed mode

I know this build is more for questing, but I like messing with new things. It appears that the bot isn't looting when it is on "mixed" mode. However if I stop it and select "Grind Bot" it immediately detects the missed loots and tries to grab them, but if I switch it back to "mixed" it ignores the lootable mobs again.

Installed this version to a clean directory(running default warrior cc), Cleared cache in wow folder and have attached a log. At the very bottom of the log is when I switched it to grind bot and it found the mob that hadn't been looted.

Attached Files:

5. Tony

Tony "The Bee" Staff Member Moderator

keep the thread clear for bug reports
      if you wanna report a bug do it with a log
      useless posts or inproper bug reports will be deleted

6. neeeo

neeeo New Member

I think i found a bug with 2 quests in "Brachland" ^^
      See last log lines to see what i mean.

Attached Files:

7. Gosu

Gosu New Member

Just a question is it functional to use quest objectives in this built?

8. Kuku

Kuku Member

I've got the Problem that when my Hunter has a Target and pulls another he wants to get near the first Target. But he just makes these Stop and Go's. I hope you understand what i mean.
      A target is behind me and another one is in front. My Hunter ignores the one behind me and tries to get to the one in front of him.
      But he always makes Go->Stop->Shot->Go->Stop->Shot->Go->Stop->Shot...untill he gets killed by the second Mob.
      But he seems to recognize that there is a second Attacker:

Warning: there are 2 attackers.

I think a Log will have no additional Informations but i will post it as you wish^^

#EDIT#
      I've made a FRAPS record. But i cant post it here or on youtube so i will send a PM to hawker. Hope it helps you

#EDIT2#
      My Problem is part of the Problem opf Shink's(under me!)

#EDIT3#
      Sorry. Cannot send the Video to Hawker because it?is 600+MB big even in .rar . And i cant find a good converter. =(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
    9. shink

shink New Member

Problem with targetting, attacks an enemy, then immediately targets another enemy and goes to attack them instead. Attached log, info is at the bottom.

Attached Files:

10. niggle

niggle New Member

Dismounts instantly when in combat when it's attacked by anything, even something 30 levels lower. Makes for very slow progress.

11. abrie2010

abrie2010 New Member

Having a problem with a fresh undead priest. It will target a mob and then start to cast smite but it says target needs to be in front of you and the mob is in front of me and it will stop casting and just stand there. Using the Default CC.

Attached Files:

12. ajhobbs

ajhobbs New Member

Issue with mounting and protected inventory

Using the stock shaman profile on a 44 enhancement shaman, this build failed (for me) to protect inventory and mailed everything to banker. It also failed to honor mount flag, instead using ghost wolf.

Using ShamWoW latest CC, it attempts to mount, moves a little, attempts to mount again.

This was all in Feralas using Horde-1-60-Modified.xml and grind mode.

Addition:
      It is not saving mesh folder, food/drink/mount name options between restarts of HB. Mount flag, autoequip, and profile to use are being saved properly state wise.

Attached Files:

13. wraithrider

wraithrider New Member

This part does not work, I just watched the bot go to an area to do a quest and right through a group of mobs didn't even bother searching for them or anything and ended up aggroing them all

14. xasset

xasset New Member

in this release - will bot take low lvl quests?

15. okeofs

okeofs New Member

Probably not.

16. Nuok

Nuok Community Developer

When moving to turn in some quests it spam open and closes the window and dosnt get through to the select screen; restarting the bot has no affect.

The bug where it sometimes fails to pick up a quest is also still present.

The default hunter attacks one target and then pulls another, often resulting in death.

Quest over ride is working well so far.

Weighting for looting also seems to be wrong, same as in the stable release where it will run away from a loot target after killing it then run back

Attached Files:

17. TWKing

TWKing New Member

Seems to still be having a problem when turning in quests and running back and forth between the two turn in points. Log attaached

Attached Files:

18. Nuok

Nuok Community Developer

"Blacklisting quest Darnassian Intrusions",

Dispite me having the override in place

Code:
        	<Quest Id="9352" Name="Darnassian Intrusions">
          	<Objective Type="Grind" MobId="22583" KillCount="1">
            	<Hotspots>
             	<Hotspot X="9062.914" Y="-6301.545" Z="22.74452" />
            	</Hotspots>
          	</Objective>
      	</Quest>
      And moving between 2 quest objectives continuously

You really should be refreshing the quest order when a quest is picked up; ive seen on multiple occasions it pick up a quest with the objective right next to the quest giver (for example soaked pages) but because it doesn't refresh the quest list it end up moving away to do something else until it comes into the bots cached version.

Attached Files:

19. Zher0

Zher0 Member

WOW this is GREAT questing working A LOT better then beta 3 thanks for the update!@

20. wraithrider

wraithrider New Member

Bot is getting stuck trying to decide which quest to do

Code:
      [SIZE=1]Activity: Moving to complete quest objectives for quest Plainstrider Menace.
      Activity: Moving to complete quest objectives for quest Disrupt the Attacks.
      Activity: Moving to complete quest objectives for quest Plainstrider Menace.
      Activity: Moving to complete quest objectives for quest Supplies for the Crossroads.
      Activity: Moving to complete quest objectives for quest Supplies for the Crossroads.
      Activity: Resting
      Blessing of Might.
      Refresh Blessing of Might.
      Activity: Combat
      Judgement of Light.
      Activity: Looting Sunscale Screecher.
      Blessing of Might.
      Judgement of Light.
      Heal.
      Hammer of Justice.
      Divine Protection.
      Holy Light.
      Activity: Looting Hecklefang Hyena.
      Seal of Righteousness.
      Refresh Seal of Righteousness.
      Blessing of Might.
      Blessing of Might.

[/SIZE]