• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Even less impressed than before.

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Griffin224, Sep 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Griffin224

Griffin224 New Member

I am a user of both Honorbuddy and Demonbuddy for several years now and the product is well worth the investment I have made. That being said... the implementation of this update is piss poor at best. The current users of the bot when you began the upgrade were given no notice when the bot shut down, it simply stopped. Even a message to the logs from the server itself would have been great, instead the bot just stopped and would not restart so people had to come to the servers, which leads me to my second issue, the notification on the forum that the upgrade was taking place and the status of it. Sure, you posted one post in one forum, but I have seen times where there is a persistent banner marking some major announcement. Don't you think that might have prevented the hundreds of posts of, "what's going on with my ***buddy?" Either that or maybe a STICKY in each of the Support threads. Wouldn't be particularly hard to copy/paste a stock message in each buddybot support forum that is stickied. Final issue, it's now necessary to change windows settings to get the bot to work for a large number of users, and that information is not stickied, although it is in the same post telling us about the region patching. Hopefully you, as mods, will take this information to heart and sticky the current changes and use some of these methods i the future, preventing agitation to not only your users, but yourselves as well, having to repeat yourself in answering posts why the bot won't work.

So rather than simply say, Whoops, my bad, we dropped the ball,one mod says not a support issue (which it kind of is) and closes the thread, and the other post just gets deleted.

2. Tony

Tony "The Bee" Staff Member Moderator

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    3. Griffin224

Griffin224 New Member

Well, how many posts were there in the past 12 hours about, "OMG, my bot won't work... why?" So honestly, no, not enough.

4. Tony

well people have to read forums sometimes,we cant inform personally the lazy ones

i guess people that decided to read our forums are not super heroes :)

i cant find a reason for the existence of this thread,sorry

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    5. Pyroe

Pyroe Banned

Don't expect much more from Tony he is the reason HB are hemorrhaging customers.

6. Giwin

Giwin Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

It's a simple case of lazyness. I understand you want everything dumbed down but if you actually cared enough you would have used the tools that were available on the forum.

Most users couldn't care less about the announcement regarding the regional servers and a lot of them wouldn't even know what it meant (apart from assuming the fact that it's better than what we had). The type of people who would want to know should know about how to use Forum Tools as shown below (you've been here for 3 years, and these features exist on every forum powered by vBulletin.)

The banner on the forum would only make the site look more unprofessional and there's a high chance it could be ad-blocked, we could try sky writing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    7. Tony

especially for people cant read,like you,next time we will send the announcement on a papyrus with a postal pingeon

TwoCigars likes this.
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.