Buy EpicCarFactory
  • Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Exilebuddy
  • Visit Demonbuddy
  • Visit Buddystore

ExileBuddy Setup: One Stop Shop

Discussion in 'Exilebuddy Forum' started by demonviper, Jun 7, 2017.

1. demonviper

demonviper Active Member

Level 100 achieved with bot, and guide completed!
    [​IMG]

I am not sure who to talk to to get this stickied but if someone can please let me know or have them contact me that would be great. Also, apparently the max is 20 pics in one thread so after MapBuddy it is mostly links to imgur pictures, unless somehow I can reclaim the second post area.

Hello Everyone! This post is meant to be as much of a one stop shop for people looking to set-up their bot for the first time or vets trying to improve their bot. I have been meaning to make this post for a while now because I see a lot of new people getting frustrated (understandably) with the setup of a new bot so I am setting out to help with that by sharing all of my settings and recommending things that I do to make the experience better!

First thing that I would like to impart to any new botter is this: The less your bot has to manage while playing whatever build you choose, the better. What do i mean by this? If the bot only has to use 1-2 skills while fighting then you will most likely do well. Movement skills like whirling blades and shield charge do not count in the "1-2 skills" because these (and other movement skills that are not as good) are handled by another addon. If the bot has to summon pets, cast spells and lay totems then you will most likely go very slowly and die a lot because the bot cannot make judgement calls on when you really don't need that totem up, that extra zombie, etc.

NOTE: These are my settings and my opinions I am sharing this in order to help and if I'm lucky someone will actually have some improvements for my setup as well *fingers crossed* with that lets get into it!

For the Purposes of this guide I am showing an EK Nova character but everything should apply to any build. I have posted my thoughts on the best and worst bots for the bot as an answer in another thread but I will paste it here:
    So far GOOD builds for the bot:
    • EK Nova - Got this char to 100 in Legacy League
    • CoC Discharge
    • HoWA (Spectral Throw in general)
    • Anything Melee - EQ, Cyclone, Flicker(have not tried flicker but I'm assuming
    • SRS
    • Facebreaker Shield Charge
    • Blade Vortex - any build is amazing (use vortex routine got lvl97 (RIP this routine) mostly with the bot lvling plus some chayula runs)
    • Righteous Fire - Ended up being really good because it acts like a melee build (just set shield charge to your ranged attack)
    • Blade Flurry - takes some work to get it to let go of the charges but once you get it working it was really good
    • AFK Gone Meta/Balls/Poetic - I mean pretty much no brainer here
    • PF Uber Lab Runner - Because BV is the main skill works well
    • Cyclone Slayer - Works well with the bot but seems to die a lot even with good gear
    • Specter builds ((((UPDATE)))) These are AMAZING now and super tanky, I can take out shaper in a couple mins with my eyes closed. GG
    • Wild strike: just like other melee builds. works fine
    • Molten Strike: Melee build = good
    • Bow builds: All the same here if they are properly geared they kick ass. Mirage Archer is pretty clutch
    • Flicker Strike: I held off doing these builds for so long but OMFG is it fucking amazing!!! You clear like a fucking god and as far as fast melee builds...this is the fastest hands down. (I did Terminus but I'm sure any variant would be fine)
    • Poet's Pen: Anything with these wands is fucking amazing! nuf said
    • Sunder: is an amazing skill and the bot does a great job. Just extend the range of your melee skill or make it a ranged skill.
    • Frost Blades: works well and clears fast just got stale for me really fast. Nothing bad just seemed normal. Single target is pretty bad though.

OK builds:
    • Golem builds - the bot is programmed to cast auras first which can fuck you up for golem builds, I had a golem build I used to farm shaper (11k ES 4 flame golems 1 lightning golem) and while the bot could run this it was VERY annoying to set up. In other words I would recommend not running golems but if you want to you can
    • Reave - It's a melee build so hey it works so far in Pokemon league the char is about 90 now...we'll see how it goes UPDATE: I feel like playing with Reave is like having a 3 inch chode dick. Yes it can be powerful but when the skill goes to the side of the screen but in order to attack with it i have to press three inches in front of my character I think it's shit and the bot does a shit job keeping charges stacked so fuck this

BAD Builds:
    • ED + Contagion - The only build I just straight up stopped and sold the gear it was so bad for the bot
    • Vaal Spark/Vaal Fireball/Vaal MS - not because the bot cant 'do them' but to keep the vaal skills up the bot stops and slows down too much (UPDATE: Spent 25ex to test Vaal Fireball as well and its even worse than VS on the bot)
    • Explosive Arrow is shit with the bot because it doesn't understand the fuse time only reason i even bothered after i figured this out is to farm HotGM
    • Any totem build - the bot sucks ass at totem builds in general and I would recommend anything else but this
    • Animate Weapons
    • Abberath's Hooves - the idea of this was fun but the bot doesn't understand the concept of just walking through mobs, it wants to attack them.

This is my 3rdParty which is the only folder you have to mess with on a regular basis. When you download a routine/plugin/etc it will usually be in .zip format and all you have to do is drop it in your 3rdParty folder.

If there is an issue and when you load EB where it says it couldn't load because there was no 3rdParty name all you have to do is edit the 3rdparty.txt and print the name inside the .txt file. (for the gem leveler plugin it is literally: GemLeveler)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Routines: You only use one of these at a time. Ouroboros is a good one that seems to work for most builds. I have only had a couple issues with it. Notably, if you dont use enough mana to make your Harold of (Ice, Ash, Lightning) not be able to recast it will loop cast these over and over. I think the Ouroboros programmer is gone and I have not seen a version that is fixed...yet.

Some other notable routines are:
    VortexRoutine for Blade vortex where you can specify how many stacks of BV you want.
    BladeRoutine for Blade Flurry so that the bot lets go at 6 stacks

Skill Slot: This is where you set which buttons you are using for the build. In this character's case it just uses EK Nova for attacking either Single Target or AOE so both are the same. But if I was playing a Lightning Arrow (LA) build I would have Ranged AOE be for LA and Single Target for Barrage. (as an example)

Combat Range: This is slightly different in other routines but the concept is still the same. Test to see how far your skill goes and calibrate the range that way. If your skill is something like BV then I recomend making the range something low like 5. If it is a long ranged bow or caster I would say give it a far range like 50 to stay out of danger.

AlwaysAttackInPlace: Not really sure what this does but people usually have it on so I am doing the same. If someone can clarify when you would or wouldn't use this let me know.

Skill Specific Things: You have to mess with these if your build uses one of these mechanics not a lot I can say about these other than if your build is listed then customize it here.

Vaal Skills: In most routines the bot will just use the Vaal skill as soon as it is ready so keep that in mind. With the Ouroboros routine you can tell the bot to use the skills at specific times.

*BE AWARE FOR TOTEMS* You DO NOT have to tell the bot to use totems as long as it is a single totem the bot will place it.

[​IMG]

[Official] addons

Just refresh and select your character from the drop-down when you are in the character selection screen. Easy

[​IMG]

Nothing to explain. If you want the bot to do breaches then check this.

The chicken program they have in EB is BAD! If you use EB's Chicken you will die, period. I use this as a backup. I run a AutoHotKey program for chickening (AutoPot) (This is now not being developed but there is a new plugin called TCP Disc: https://www.thebuddyforum.com/threads/plugin-chicken-based-on-tcp-disconnect.415520/#post-2550416)

Just hit refresh and Add All in the middle of this picture. Any gems you don't want to level you have to type in at the top and hit add. (why they don't have a drop-down is beyond me)

[​IMG]

This is an easy one too. -1 means it will open any essence. If you only want to open an essence monster if it has X amount of essences, then put that number.
    [​IMG]

Dont touch this.

You shouldn't have to mess with this. If you are using QuestBot (or I think MapBot) you have to turn this off. It will stop and tell you if this is the case.

[Comunity] addons
    This is were the heavy customizing happens. Unlike most other products I have ever seen online or off, Exile Buddy is mostly community driven rather than driven by the company that sells it. Most add-ons are created by the users. This was, and is, weird to me but hey :p

This is the bread and butter for the bot. By far most of my time customizing has been here. At first when I downloaded this I thought it was plug and play...damn was I wrong. Over the past year I have been customizing and taking advice from sources in the forums in order to make this as good as it is.

This is the filter that I got as my baseline and have been customizing for the past year. I am happy to offer advice and pieces of my customization.

https://www.thebuddyforum.com/threa...ooting-profile-for-advanceditemfilter.223125/

I didn't discover this until months after I started using the bot. The main reason I figured this out is because with 30+ tabs the bot going through each and every tab every time it went back to town was taking minutes of time.

Using this plugin you can tell the bot which tabs to use so that it only scans through the tabs you want it to see.

[​IMG]

This is one of the top 3-4 best plugins I have found for EB! The fact that this isn't more popular is insane to me. You will 100% die if you don't have this addon.

This is the main thread. The instructions are on page one but the UPDATED VERSION IS ON PAGE TWO:
    https://www.thebuddyforum.com/threads/plugin-dangerdodger.240899/

[​IMG]

I find this addon to be more trouble than its worth 90% of the time. The one time I always use this is leveling. If you don't set it up correctly don't cry about the bot selling your ring/armor/etc.

https://www.thebuddyforum.com/threads/plugin-equipplugin.244355/

[​IMG]

Misc Options:
    I don't find these are necessary most of the time. If you are running a low life/es/blood magic build then check those boxes but I have not seen a difference if you set the settings below correctly.
    Flasks:
    This is the main area where the magic happens.

For instance:
    FH.SpecificRarityMobAround(Rarity.Unique, 50) > 0
    Rarity.Unique
    - This means what the rarity of mob is to "proc" the flask.
    50 - if the mob rarity above is within this range the flask will go off
    0 - how many of the rarity of the mob has to be inside the range for the flask to go off
    In English this means - When more than 0 unique mobs come within 50 range units of you use this flask.

Flask Effects:
    Life Flasks:
    The threshold should be a bit higher than an instant life flask (me.HealthPercent < 80)
    Instant Life Flasks: The threshold should be lower here because it is instant (me.HealthPercent < 65)
    Using with ES: If you want the flask to go off at a certain es % (me.EnergyShieldPercent < 65)
    Mana Flask: You can set the threshold whatever your build needs here and how much mana your skills use
    Quicksilver: I have messed with this for several builds. Most builds should be done like this (FH.NumberOfMobsNear(me,70) < 1) which means that when you have cleared everything in the area hit the quicksilver. But some builds like Vaal Spark, BV, Vaal Fireball, etc. you want to always be running so I just add this under the original and set them both active (FH.NumberOfMobsNear(me,70) > 0) This means that quicksilver is always up when both of these statements are active.
    All removal flask mods:
    FH.IsBleeding
    FH.IsShocked
    FH.IsBurning
    FH.IsPoisoned
    FH.IsCursed
    FH.IsChilledOrFrozen

Most of this info I used from WiN's post in the FlaskHelper thread. I give a ton of credit to him, and here is the thread and page for more details (I tried to quote it here but there are too many images) https://www.thebuddyforum.com/threads/plugin-flaskhelper.165753/page-21#post-2213300

https://www.thebuddyforum.com/threads/plugin-flaskhelper.165753/
    [​IMG]

This is how you have your character use coins with Navali (the prophecy chick) some notable checkboxes to use:
    Trash to Treasure
    Fated Connections
    The Jeweller's Touch
    there are many other good ones just choose what you want to have the bot seal.
    https://www.thebuddyforum.com/threads/plugin-navali.272248/

This is a better version of Alcor75's player mover. Just check the movement skills you use and the bot will use those for traveling.
    Ignore Mobs - check this is you want the bot to travel right into the middle of a mob group
    Enable Strongbox Logic - I also use the options for strongbox opening logic even though it probably only works half the time it still has been useful.
    Enable Kiting - just what it sounds like if you are a ranged character or caster use this to kite mobs
    Fear Trigger - this is used in tandem with kiting. if the bot senses either too many mobs around or its health drop quickly its "fear" will go up and therefore will kite/flee
    https://www.thebuddyforum.com/threads/plugin-skill-aware-player-mover.276513/

To be perfectly honest the firstpage seems to either be bugged or i can't figure out how to use it properly. in the "other" tab I use the ""item bases to chance" in order to chance Sorcerer Boots. This league I was able to chance a skyforth but alas I already had a better pair!
    https://www.thebuddyforum.com/threads/plugin-stashbuddy.235617/

I decided it would be stupid not to at least show what the bot can do with some images. With a build from my "Good Builds" list you should be able to do any of the maps I show below.

Got 100 in Legacy League with the bot customized like I have above. It was not an easy process and I definitely would not say it was worth it but hey I wanted to prove it was possible.

Shaped Strands:
    [​IMG]

Shaped Primordial Pool:
    [​IMG]

Examples of some mods:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• keeping and selling jewels
    • StashBuddy properly selling whetstones and scraps for wis scrolls
    • changing the bot to cast golems FIRST then auras (should have been this way from the beginning)
    • Enduring/Rallying Cry do not seem to work
    • Adding DELAYS to skills!

UPDATING FOR 3.2 WORK IN PROGRESS. IF YOU FIND SOMETHING HERE THAT IS NOT WORKING THAT IS TO BE EXPECTED, UNTIL THIS GUIDE IS UP TO DATE

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    manda1, jesperhla, Bornlegend and 5 others like this.
  2. DontBeAfraid

DontBeAfraid Member

Considering the huge 3.0 rework EB is going to go through in some weeks I dont think this post will make much sense right now.
    A link to win's faq on discord is probably better / less work

3. demonviper

demonviper Active Member

The biggest EB headaches shouldn't need to be completely revamped (Mapping, AIF, Navali, player movers, etc.) but I agree that QuestBot will obviously be revamped but as you can see I actually dont have that in the guide for this reason. Thanks for the concern though :)

4. DontBeAfraid

DontBeAfraid Member

well be sure that every single comunity plugin will break.
    AIF, playermovers will break and it's far from sure that they will be fixed by the original authors.
    sooner or later someone will fix and adapt them, but that might takes months until this goes to public.

just saying :)

5. demonviper

demonviper Active Member

Very true if people think this is useful ill adjust it as we get fixes etc. I just feel like the information is so spread out and the search function is terrible that people are always asking the same questions over and over. Figured this could help if it gets stickied to the top

6. Illindar

Illindar New Member

I've got a heavily hacked routine that totems, summons, golems, auras and bow kites like a champ. I'm in the middle of some cleanup and I can post it... but if there is some interest. lemme know.

I hadn't put any interfaces in place, so some items you'll need to be able to adjust the code manually... but most of the 'don't de wells' can be fixed by messing with a routine a bit. Just an FYI for those of you that like particular builds the bot isn't optimized for it out of the box.

blue01boy and demonviper like this.
  7. demonviper

demonviper Active Member

Yes if you have something that doesnt facetank while using Bows, summoning and totems please share it I will put it in the guide.

8. blue01boy

blue01boy New Member

This topic is a great idea! It will be very helpful for inexperienced users.
    Thank you!

9. Hisp

Hisp Member

Can you update images?
    [​IMG]

10. demonviper

demonviper Active Member

oh weird yeah ill update the images and keep working on it tonight or tomorrow

Hisp likes this.
  11. Hisp

Hisp Member

Update?

demonviper likes this.
  12. demonviper

demonviper Active Member

Pictures are attached again!

13. demonviper

demonviper Active Member

adding more info and what the bot can do examples

14. demonviper

demonviper Active Member

complete

15. sleakleak

sleakleak New Member

16. greentorii

greentorii New Member

I bought some additional stash tabs (10 in total).

How do I make the bot put items into those? It's ignoring them right now, and only using the 1st 4 default ones.

Thanks!

17. demonviper

demonviper Active Member

No fuck that one I saw it and he over-complicates everything. use this EK setup:
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1874877/page/1

Put the tab names in communitylib that should do it

18. Tobilishou5

Tobilishou5 New Member

Hmm eventhough I did everything which was written here... I still get: "cannot find [3rdparty.json]". Shouldnt it be pretty much straightforward to install/copy .zip plugins into 3rdparty and get going? I mean the txt is available in CommunityLip and same for DangerDoger *head scratch*. Is there anyone who could help?

19. kalanikila

kalanikila Member

all the com lip stuff needs to be updated for 3.0

20. demonviper

demonviper Active Member

Yeah man nothing here is updated for 3.0 not much is working yet