• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • ExilebuddyBeta Developers Testing/Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Archives' started by pushedx, May 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. krone6

krone6 Member

What caused this sudden huge update? The only update I saw from poe were new supporter packs.

2. darkbluefirefly

darkbluefirefly Community Developer

The drive to make the bot more superior MUHAHAHAHAHA.

3. aionskyg

aionskyg Banned

Traditional Chinese clients do not support:(

4. pushedx

pushedx Moderator Moderator Buddy Core Dev

The latest client patch didn't trigger the update; the decision was made at the start of August with the TW server beta test.

The original design, and how the EB API has worked up until this point was based on things that work in other games, naturally. As time has gone on, and we've had to do a lot of changes as a result of the PoE client changes, it's becoming more and more apparent, the majority of the stuff that is done in other games simply doesn't work here in PoE. A simple example, is when people ask why you can't chat and do other stuff in game while botting in PoE, yet you can in D3. Things that can be done in D3, can't be done in a game like PoE, or even a game like Hearthstone, for example (which I only bring up since it's a commonly asked thing).

The API for Beta has been updated quite a bit compared to the Release version, but one aspect did not really change. That's how we interact with the client, because that's the core means of the bot working in the first place. What sparked the immediate rewrite of all this stuff was a combination of a lot of things really, but the most important was that things were happening with some test code that shouldn't have been (to be specific, client crashes when not using anything specific to PoE). Upon looking into the cause of the issue and why it was happening, a better method was discovered to make the bot work (hopefully, of course, we won't really know until everyone is using it again). Switching to this method changed all input related stuff, but the decision to change everything in the API was more of a combination of the flag issues popping up again, how long it takes to update and maintenance the current API, and other things that from a risk/reward perspective, are no longer in the reward favor, in terms of design.

It's not a secret what is actually being changed, since you guys will have it soon enough, but basically the API will now only utilize input emulated actions for everything that requires interacting with the client. For example, if you want to level a skill gem, you gotta open the inventory panel and click the button itself (main screen support might be added later). If you want to logout, you have to bring up the ESC menu and click the respective button to logout. Equipping a skill gem means picking up the item to the cursor and placing it over the correct slot and clicking. Etc...

The API will do most of the hard work for this stuff, but it does change how all logic has to work as a result. On the plus side, we do now have more access to information to things that was otherwise not possible using the previous API. For example, we never could get the buy price for an item in the shop, because it was calculated at runtime, and then stored to a gui element. There was no other place the information existed, so we never could do proper buying support. With the new design being worked on right now, I already have example buying code in place that works, and supports getting the cost of items. There's some other cool stuff that can be done, but basically the entire mode is being changed to hopefully be able to support new features as the are added faster, and avoid random issues that have otherwise been plaguing the bot for a while now.

5. krzys

krzys Member

Hello, fast question
      I have just bought exilebuddy, wanted to start botting with it
      as far as i read last posts we are waiting for new beta release here? and the old beta releases arent working until new beta comes up?
      just asking coz i wanted to start fresh with exilebuddy, so should i wait for the new release with api thing??
      dont have exilebuddy installed yet.
      and one more thing. If i have dynamic ip from internet provider, should i use v.p.n. while botting 1 acc per pc ?
      thx in advance!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    6. FonograF

FonograF New Member

i just bought exilebuddy too and i can't use it for now.. That happen.

I personally use a V.P.N, i don't know if you can get a IP ban with a dynamic ip...

7. krzys

krzys Member

thx for reply!

8. bloodmassacre

bloodmassacre New Member

So exilebuddy isn't working at all right now?
      Should I wait to buy it?

9. darkbluefirefly

darkbluefirefly Community Developer

Exile buddy has 2 versions
      Release
      Beta

Release works, and in event of patches, within 2mins - 4 hours release will work again. Push does some extra checks so they don't sneak something in that will catch us off guard.
      Beta is the successor to release, it was working, but with the advent of the mini expansion, it's working status is delayed. Which is logical, why update with big updates on the bot, when shit's going to break when GGG puts out that expansion.
      so for beta, just hold up for a bit, and plus, beta is mainly for developers to code for the new revamp of the systems/apis that are put in place.
      A lot of info but read the stickies in the main exilebuddy forum and the details are there.

10. pushedx

As darkbluefirefly mentioned, Release is the main stable version of Exilebuddy. That version currently works with the latest version of PoE and is for general use.

Beta is an experimental branch we use to test new changes and try out different things before considering making it part of Release. The new 1.2 patch is coming out really soon, and some large changes are being made to Beta in preparation for it. We won't know the exact changes of 1.2 until the day before the patch. As with SoTV, large parts of the API had to be updated to support the new features and client changes, so in an attempt to try and avoid long down time, to try and fix issues that have been happening in Release and were still happening in Beta, and to overall improve the bot/API itself, Beta is currently undergoing a rather large update. It will be back as soon as possible for people to test with, but it is not, and never has been a "stable replacement" for Release; it's just a public test version of the bot/api.

11. babosasa

babosasa New Member

any news on supporting TW poe?

12. pushedx

Right now, the highest priority is getting the new API in place, tested, and new bot logic developed for it. Having seen some of the stuff we are probably going to be getting in 1.2, a lot of things need to change in our setup, and that's what is currently being worked on. It would be very beneficial to support TW, but I'll have to talk with Hawker and Apoc later about some stuff regarding it. So, it's a possibility, but just a matter of when.

Right now, is not a good time to offer support for it, as TW has some bugs that affect botting, and the API/bot logic we provide is not quite ready for it.

1.2 will be a huge update, and a lot of the ways we go about doing things need to change again to keep up with the game.

13. thunder

thunder Member Legendary

glad to hear it's possible to have a TW version.

14. ccvcc

ccvcc New Member

Any news of the progres?

15. pushedx

Closing this thread, because it's the old Beta 1.0 thread. A new Beta for 1.2 will be out by the end of the day!

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.