Demonbuddy for Season 16 released, updates.buddyauth.com !
  • Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Demonbuddy

EZUpdater - The Plugin Updater

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by xzjv, Apr 12, 2016.

1. xzjv

xzjv Community Developer

Original plugin by rrrix. (Original Thread)

DEVLOPMENT OF THIS PLUGIN IS CURRENTLY ON HOLD.

What is EZUpdater?

Its a tool that automatically downloads and installs plugins to save you the hassle of keeping them up to date.

How it works

When you start DemonBuddy, You'll see a window like this:

[​IMG]

After the latest version of your plugins have been downloaded, your old plugins are DELETED, and a fresh version copied over. This ensures that there are no old files lurking around that could cause problems.

Then DB finishes startup and you're ready to go.

How to Configure?

Click the Settings button on the main DB window.

[​IMG]

Then click the 'EZUpdater' tab.

You can enable/disable plugins by selecting the version None, Release or Beta where applicable.

[​IMG]

How to Install?

Step 1: Download the attached zip file below with the highest version number.

Step 2: Extract the zip to your DemonBuddy directory.
    The files need to be located here: [folder with demonbuddy.exe] \ Bots \ EZUpdater \

Step 3: For your safety it's against the rules to distribute .dll files. So you'll have to download it from the official source.

1. [*=1]Download SharpSVN.dll 1.8009.3299 (1.8.9) SharpSvn [x86]
      [*=1]Extract and find the file SharpSvn.dll - put the file to your [folder with demonbuddy.exe]

Step4: Extract the file DemonbuddyConfig.Zip to your [folder with demonbuddy.exe]

Changelog

* 2.0.4 - Updated to be able to delete previously needed plugins that should no longer be used and now cause compile errors (ie. adventurer).

Earlier versions of EZUpdater may update themselves to this version, however you'll need to restart DB after that and let it run again.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    Constantin and mrJones2k like this.
  2. Nociceptor

Nociceptor Member

what about settings for particular plugins? e.g. will a Trinity update reset all my Barb settings? Or are the settings kept beyond updates?

3. Jaake

Jaake New Member

Is it gonna keep my item's rule list which resides in Trinity/ItemsList directory?

4. romario77

romario77 New Member

I did all the instructions and does not work

5. xzjv

xzjv Community Developer

The SharpSVN zip package comes with a bunch of stuff and a sub-folder - Make sure you copy the file SharpSvn.dll into the folder with demonbuddy.exe.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Settings shouldn't be lost - they're stored in a db\Settings\ and Updater is not messing with that folder.

People who have hacks on the files in the plugins folder would lose those changes.[/FONT]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  6. evilscoop

evilscoop Community Developer

Dbuddy crashes if launched from Yar with this enabled...
    Works fine if not on yar
    DB works fine on yar if this isnt installed

7. Sneeds44

Sneeds44 Banned

its working fine ezupdater but i cant open trinity to configure things where do i open trinity?

8. Fredoh

Fredoh Member

I have this message : Compiler Error: error CS0006: Metadata file 'SharpSvn.dll' could not be found

SharpSvn.dll is in root db folder.
    Using latest db Beta Build.

9. Constantin

Constantin Member

Bot dont start

10. NoLongerAwayBoss

NoLongerAwayBoss Member

I have run the fresh download into new folder for each of these files to get EZUpdater working with same error and freezing of process.
    Console last message is "[EZ Updater 2.0.3] Starting EZUpdater Thread" and immediate freeze and crash

I've tried it DBBeta and DBFinal with x32 and x64 SharpSVN.dll

In every instance of failing to run I remove bots folder and am able to login and start bot with no problems.
    It appears the problem is EZUpdater or the .dll.

Not sure what is happening here.. I really liked updater a year ago or so. thanks.

<<<<<<<<< UPDATE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I downlaoded BuddyWizard and ran it admin mode.
    I rebooted and and I get same error and crash with DBBeta and DBFinal versions

What is the problem? Really doesn't make any sense.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  11. xzjv

xzjv Community Developer

you get to plugin settings from the plugins tab, then select the plugin and click config.

12. xzjv

xzjv Community Developer

Ok YAR issue, looks like the issue with DB configs that Jimmy was solving recently.

"Additional information: Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information."

work around is to put this file in DB root (extracted from zip of course). it contains the following.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <configuration>
      <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
        <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.6.1"/>
      </startup>
      <runtime>
        <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
          <probing privatePath="Languages"/>
        </assemblyBinding>
      </runtime>
    </configuration>

Until DB is fixed i'm modifying YAR to copy and rename the .config file, should be in next release of YAR.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  13. NoLongerAwayBoss

NoLongerAwayBoss Member

I've tried everything I can to get it to run with latest DBBeta and DBFinal versions.
    If you look at my last thread on 1st page all the information is there with error and what I tried doing to get it to run.

But every time it was same exact crash. And I did it with Kaspersky Internet Security exited and windows defender Off and no windows firewall running.
    This PC is only a few months old and quite up to date with recent Microsoft Updates. Would love to get back using EZUdater.

I have tried everything OP says to do with no luck...Any help is appreciated!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  14. xzjv

xzjv Community Developer

Are you using YAR?

Try starting again with completely new folder and re-downloading EZUpdater, remove all the plugins that come with DB Beta.

15. NoLongerAwayBoss

NoLongerAwayBoss Member

No I've never used YAR.

Loads Demonbuddy window and starts the setup for EZUpdater and freezes exactly in same way it has a several dozen time in last two days.

I have Kaspersky Internet Security turned off and windows defender turned off.

Wish I knew what the problem is..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Got it working <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

10 minutes later ....

Noticed even tho the update process freezes and kicks out DB from working; it does put the three plugins in the empty plugins folder, so it was starting to work.

Then I opened up the actual C:\DBBeta folder and ran as adming demonbuddy.exe instead of using desktop shortcut.

And it worked... so all is well now except don't understand whey shortcut was the problem.. It has worked same way for years.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>10 minutes Later<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The bot freezes up and crashes when I use the desktp shortcut.

I have to open the folder and run the .exe from there.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  16. evilscoop

Anyway to set ezupdater to skip a single file ?

I use adventurer but use the altered safe zerg code to attack elites (removed comment in the source).

Best way would be if ezupdater knows a file is modified locally, skip update....doable ?

17. evilscoop

The patch .config for yar now causes :-
    Compiler Error: D:\dbuddy Follow\Plugins\Trinity\Framework\Avoidance\Default Avoider.cs(193,17) : error CS0101: The namespace 'Trinity.Framework.Avoidance' already contains a definition for 'AvoidanceMode'
    Compiler Error: D:\dbuddy Follow\Plugins\Trinity\Framework\Objects\Memory\Sn o\Types\SnoStringList.cs(13,18) : error CS0101: The namespace 'Trinity.Framework.Objects.Memory.Sno' already contains a definition for 'SnoStringList'
    Compiler Error: D:\dbuddy Follow\Plugins\Trinity\UI\UIComponents\MarkupExten sions\WidthToColumnCountExtension.cs(6,7) : warning CS0105: The using directive for 'System' appeared previously in this namespace
    with latest version....

If you remove the .config and ezupdater it all works again

18. xzjv

xzjv Community Developer

You should be able to right click the .exe and choose create shortcut then drag the shortcut to your taskbar.

19. Arcadeus

Arcadeus Member

Downloaded every version of Sharp, and it still won't show up or run. I put it in the same folder demonbuddy is in..

20. FatheadBlah

FatheadBlah New Member

I am confused how this install works.

I just recently came back after being banned over a year ago and everything has changed. I downloaded and extracted this latest version right into the Demonbuddy folder. I also downloaded that sharps link and unpacked it into the same folder containing DB exe. I located the correct sharpsdll file and copied it into the folder with the DB exe. Does not show up under plugins when I load DB. I then also tried just copieing the ezupdater folder that was under the bots folder into the plugins and no joy either. Im not usually an idiot but trying to make this work is turning me into one.

Any suggestions what I am doing wrong? I even tried to watch a youtube video on DB setup but is 1 year old and no longer relevant.