• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • FightThisWay

Discussion in 'All in One' started by Kamilche, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

The performance of HonorBuddy is directly linked to your frame rate. In WoW, under 'Game Menu', 'System', 'Advanced', you'll see a slider called 'Max Background FPS'. Make sure that is set to 30% or higher - you'll have to eyeball it, there's no numbers on it. If the framerate is set too low, and you swap to HonorBuddy to see what cool stuff is happening, your framerate will drop dramatically. To see this in action, drag the 'Max Background Slider' all the way to the left, which sets it 8fps, and then bring HonorBuddy to the foreground. See how the WoW window has jerky animation, and HonorBuddy starts failing on a lot of spells? Drag it back up to 30% or higher, and it will start working smoothly again.

Do you mean healthstones? Soulstones don't have charges, or even put an item in your bag now - they're just a regular spell. If you don't like that, you can comment out that line during combat. But sometimes during long fights, it's nice to have, so that's why it's in there.

2. CrunchCaptain

CrunchCaptain New Member

My Max backgroud fps is 100%..the framrate only drops low when the honorbuddy window is selected..it doesn't matter where WoW is..yes I mean healthstone sorry. I'll need to do some more testing but it seems like a pretty solid CC (only tested on lvl ~40 Destro Warlock/Spriest)

3. Brambory

Brambory New Member

I have been running it for an hour now, works fine, so looks like that was indeed the problem. Altho it never got stuck on eating/drinking, and i'm using the questbot.

Thnx anyway!

4. randomstraw

randomstraw Community Developer

wouldn't it be easier to have a

[x] move manually

checkbox in the classconfig, instead of making it scrolllock dependant..? :D

5. randomstraw

lvl3 hunter tries to cast aspect of the hawk / iron hawk all the way, although it does not have that spell

i know i can simply comment it out, but the cc should detect if i'm not having the spell and ignore it - imo ;)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
    6. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

Does it cast those continuously until you comment those lines out, doing nothing else? Or does it perform its normal rotation, skipping those buffs every round?

The lower levels are less tested than the higher levels, because they required making a new toon to test. I oftentimes just abandoned all my talents then coded from there, when making the 'talentless' version of the classes.

Did you know it's possible to heal an entire heroic dungeon as a talentless priest? You still have 'Power Word: Shield' and a handful of healing spells, and that's all ya need!

Many dungeon party members were harmed in the creation of FightThisWay. ;)

7. skynetwork

skynetwork Member

i found out that in the some of the hunter profiles there is no range set, so the bot just walks in meleerange :D

edited this on your suggestion, works fine:

Code:
      --====================================================================
      @INITIALIZE
      Me.ClipTime 50
      Me.Range 30

@COMBAT
      one more thing: how can i make the bot use misdirection on his pet when beginning the battle? best way to keep the agro off me when starting to fight ;) guess must be something in the combat routine or in the "set pet in first" thingy but no clue how i would do that :(

also what it "cliptime" for? i just edited it into the phrase but what does it stand for?

8. Gnobiwan

Gnobiwan Member

Awesome! Will try as soon as work slows down. Thank you :D

Edit: unchecking it will make the slaves move and target regardless of the scroll lock button state correct?

Edit2: In your Readme, the grind profile only has one line. Is this intended? "<HBProfile/>"

9. Gnobiwan

Gnobiwan Member

From the Readme - Stops casting spells XXX milliseconds before they're done ("clips" them.) For max DPS, set this number higher... but if you start getting 'Interrupted's, turn it back down. Set it to 0 to not clip spells.

10. jchiera

jchiera Member

I can imagine it did dude. I like how easy it is to edit my rotation and what I want it to do, that's the best part :) Keep up the good work man! +1 from me

I don't know if this is the same issue, but I came back and I had BGBuddy running with the CC and WoW and HB did freeze, I can try to find a log for ya, but if you already know about this then maybe it will be no good to you ha. I didn't get a chance to see what the error was before I shutdown everything.

EDIT: Ehhh, I guess since it crashed no log was created ):

11. zorkinette

zorkinette New Member

hi how can I disable the automatic movement please ?

12. LeonardoRetardo

LeonardoRetardo New Member

When scroll lock is on - Movement and targeting is disabled (You can find Scroll lock on your keyboard next to Print Screen and Pause)
      Or is it the other way around? Cant remember, to tired.. :)

13. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

I just checked, and all 4 have the Range set. You might have an old version, you will want to download the latest for the bugfixes if nothing else.

Just cast place Misdirection in the buffs section then - the cast will automatically be placed in the tank (if you're in a group), or on your pet (if you're hunting by yourself.)

Cliptime and all the other stuff is described in the ReadMe.html located in the data folder.

14. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

Great, glad to hear it's fixed for you now.

15. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

It WOULD be, but you would be fighting it more. Here's why - you're in a dungeon, you just made yourself a sammich, and came back to find you're standing in some green goo! You can quickly hit 'scroll lock', get out of the fire, then turn off scroll lock, and all is happy with the world.

Compare that to a) bringing up honorbuddy, b) hitting 'class config', c) unchecking the checkbox, d) bringing wow back up, e) moving out of the goo, (moot point since you're dead already), f) bringing back up honorbuddy, g) hitting 'class config', h) checking the checkbox, i) bringing wow back up.

See all the steps you're avoiding? You want it to do its thing, until the instant it's doing something lame - then you want instant control.

16. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

Yes - it defaults to checked, make it the other way (unchecked) to not use the scroll lock key. So all the slaves should unset that checkbox.

Yes, we found the other grind profile was causing our chars to pull under certain circumstances. This one causes it to behave as intended - doing nothing but resting and fighting when a party member is in combat.

Wish I could use this at work, lol! I'm in a cube thisclose to another programmer tho so I think they'd notice.

17. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

Well, don't post log files publicly, just send them to me in a private message, because they probably contain your character name in there somewhere. But do get the latest version first tho and see if it still happens. This 'hanging' during rest eating/drinking could certainly have caused that problem for you.

If it happens again, send me the log file or post it AFTER stripping out character name information.

18. squanto

squanto New Member

Thank you Kamilche, you're solution with the hog.bat did the job for me. Perhaps I should consider buying a new compu. But will buy you a beer first. Tomorrow first thing in the morning.

19. randomstraw

happend all the time, targets mob & just sits there for hours. ;)

20. zorkinette

zorkinette New Member

merci LeonardoRetardo