• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • flying?

Discussion in 'Rebornbuddy Forum' started by Paratrooper508, Oct 12, 2015.

1. francoshade4

francoshade4 New Member

How do I get this to work with my companion out? Whenever I summon my companion, or when ultima does it, the bot always summons the chocobo that can't fly.

2. ExMatt

ExMatt Active Member

Are you saying that you haven't completed the quest to allow your companion to fly? If so, it might be an issue with the patch or just a known issue with RB (not sure).

3. 9540321

9540321 Member

Is installed in the Plugins?

4. RB0403

RB0403 New Member

Can you help me

Now there is an important question!Can not take off normal!Is a question of jumping time intervals.

5. xployt

xployt Member

Having a problem with Agil+ ExFateBot in CWH. Bot gets stuck in a loop at the area named "The Convictory" when the mender repair conditions are met. It will bounce back and forth between flying and running in a small area repeatedly until i shut it off. I will get you a log next time it happens.

6. y2krazy

y2krazy Community Developer

Agil cannot fly. RB will either need to add native flying or Agil will need to be updated to fly.

7. xployt

xployt Member

Its rare that this specific issue happens though. Once my repair conditions are met it (usually) performs the repairs just fine if i'm nearer to falcon's nest, its just specifically the Convictory that gives it issues. I understand what you're saying, that Agil cannot fly, but I don't know why it gets stuck in this loop:

>agil conditions met
      >approaches the convictory via flight

when nearby....it lands and:

>unmounts, walks towards mender
      >walks away from mender
      >remounts
      >flys away short distance, lands
      >unmounts walks towards mender
      >walks away from mender
      >remounts
      >flys away short distance, lands
      >unmounts walks toward mender

etc...

It never actually repairs, and so it just gets stuck in that loop - which is much much worse than just crashing or getting stuck on a cliff because it looks so damn botty and repetitive. Not to mention people frequent that area because its a quest hub. I've had people /emote nudge me or laugh at me because my character was continuously mounting, flying away, landing, walking back and repeating the process for hours. :(

I've included a log this time. When I notice my character doing this I hit stop, I then try to hit start again and HB crashes.

You can see the issue around 17:40

Attached Files:

8. y2krazy

ExMatt may need to look into it, as it may be a conflict between Agil and EnableFlight, or both of them fighting for control.

9. ExMatt

ExMatt Active Member

The real question is, what is agil doing during these 8.3-8.6 seconds each time...

[18:55:31.888 D] DoAction General 23 0xE0000000
      [18:55:40.265 N] [FlightMover] Started Takeoff Task

Maybe you just need to use a different mender? I am not familiar as I always use self repair.

10. xployt

xployt Member

I actually never thought of removing that mender, great idea i'll try it right away!

11. Darkvelvet

Darkvelvet New Member

Wow, thank you so much Eternal. You save me so much time looking around. The post was very helpful and easy instruction. I'm using y2kkrazy 50 - 60 Mining Profile with this flight path and it working great so far.

12. itsallparticles

itsallparticles New Member

I've got it installed, but it doesn't work for me. ANy isntall faq or tips to get it up and running? Gotta get on that atma grind! haha

13. Rhada

Rhada New Member

It work for me but as Ex said, only in certain area.For example in Azys Lla and Sea of cloud was a nightmare.. but in the other Area just black list all the fate that you know may "Block" the bot and you should be fine.

14. ExMatt

ExMatt Active Member

Rhada.... If you could compile a list of fates you know and start a thread, maybe people could post known fates that cause issue it could help.

Part of the issue might be that it only occurs when moving from X fate to Y fate, not just moving from anywhere to Y fate.

15. odysseus84

odysseus84 New Member

I've been testing it a bit in Azys Lla and as Rhada said, it's a nightmare. The FATEs don't seem to be the problem, but the pathing itself. It usually just flies up in the air and moves rapidly back and forth. Also, for some reason, when using the bot, framerate drops to nearly unplayable levels; not that it's a problem for the bot, as it still runs its routine and kills normally. So for Azys Lla, you may not even want to use it and instead use a combat routine as either way, you'll be babysitting it 100%.

Edit: I should also say that before Asyz Lla, it worked splendidly. Very little supervision required. So otherwise a fantastic bot base, thank you :)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    16. Grimmoire

Grimmoire New Member

Not to beat a dead horse here or anything, but how exactly do you get this working? I've done the SVN checkout for the ExFateBot in the botbase folder and the ExBuddy plugin to the plugin folder and I still can't get it to fly. Can't even find an option to enable flying in the plugins or the botbase settings. Am I missing something?

17. y2krazy

Have you enabled "EnableFlight" in your "Plugins" tab in the bot GUI? That should get things going for you. ;)

18. Chance

Chance New Member

hi i just got back on rebornbuddy after a long hiatus and i'm having trouble getting the exbuddy plugins from svn it keeps asking for a username and password when i try. am i doing something wrong sorry if i am beating a dead horse