• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • FPS spikes while running the bot

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Tormiasz, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Tormiasz

Tormiasz Community Developer

Hello.
      Does anyone else notices high fps drops while running the bot? Is it common for everyone? I can run at stable high FPS without bot, but running it make's it jumping between 5-10-20-25 fps all the time. The CPU and GPU is not at full load, it's not on Virtual Machine nor i'm using any fps limiter.

2. uupiits

uupiits Member

Did it just started happening for you? Been like this forever for me atleast

3. Tormiasz

Always thought it's VM thing but it started to bother me when it also happened outside the VM.

4. darkbluefirefly

darkbluefirefly Community Developer

Blame GGG, shit happens randomly. I'm serious.

5. Tormiasz

But it not happened randomly. It's constant low fps spiking up and down while the bot is running. If it's stopped i have 70-100 FPS.

6. uupiits

uupiits Member

Look at your ping before using bot and when using :p

7. Tormiasz

Yeah but it's binded with your FPS, if your FPS is spiking down, so does your fps on the graph.

8. darkbluefirefly

Play the game w/o the bot on the same area.

9. Tormiasz

I did, 50-70 in the area. 70-700 in the town. Spikes from few up to 25 with the bot in the map. I don't know what can cause it. I have nothing external that is running outside of the town.

10. uupiits

uupiits Member

If you`v tried that other poe bot, it doesnt affect fps at all so it`s issue with EB

11. darkbluefirefly

IF you've tried the other PoE bot, it doesn't inject at and is a piece of crap, so that has nothing to do with EB.
      You do realize that there's an added overhead for injected processes right?

12. uupiits

uupiits Member

Lower than with reflection

13. laurentiuman

laurentiuman New Member

been happening like this for ages. Try using vsync , or limit the fps. At least it will be low all the time.

14. Tormiasz

I didn't try the other bot and i'm not going to. Injection has nothing to do with the fps, in the other games there is no such problem or it's not that visible like it's here.

15. Urgent2009

Urgent2009 Member

I remember a PoE update improved performance a lot. Another one fucked it up. Maybe this patch will get our old glorious performance back..

16. toNyx

toNyx Well-Known Member

#Kappa don't expect it, game still shitty.

17. pushedx

pushedx Moderator Moderator Buddy Core Dev

The client is partially to blame at times, but we share some blame too. I've been checking out 68+ content the past several days without botting, and the actual client issues I see in maps are disappointing. I tend to desync quite often (in lockstep), skill gems causes FPS spikes when highlighting or hovering over them still, and there's very specific cases of the client locking up due to certain events (Blacksmith leap slam + zombie summon always freezes my client for 1/2 a second). Then what other users have said, sometimes the bot magically performs a lot better after certain patches, then is back to being even worse after others (when there's no real changes on our end).

On our side though, take a high level character into normal, and run the bot will NullRoutine and look at the client performance. Now re-run the same area using OldRoutine and compare.

You should see a massive difference.

I know what the core problem is, but it's a very complicated problem to solve correctly. Basically, this game now has too many objects active at once, and that number continues to grow each major update. Caching has been used in the past to help increase performance by reducing what needs to be updated every frame, but that model is no longer sufficient for this game.

Instead, we have to use an entirety new model of spreading update logic across multiple frames, then allowing code to execute, in an attempt to ensure no one frame takes too long to execute due to updates, which is what those spikes that you see are. While we have a way to enforce this though GreyMagic, it results in the bot breaking and tons of executions being thrown, because memory is now invalid because the bot is no longer synced with the client.

This is why our setup inherently affects the FPS of the client; we're fully synchronized with the client on render so when you access client info, you know it's going to be correct and can act upon it accordingly. If we ran desynchronized from the client, you'd see much less performance overhead, but you'd also see an insane amount of memory exceptions being thrown by the bot and other oddities because the memory is so volatile in this game. An API driven setup such as ours just wouldn't work reliably that way. We know that from experience because EB was originally implemented that way, and we saw tons of problems doing things like that.

I have some experimental code I'll be trying out for the expansion to see if the problem can be reduced a lot more, but it only applies to coroutine logic. However, it won't solve the core problem in general, because anything that executes in Tick that ends up taking a lot of frametime will still result in FPS spikes (so 3rd party code needs to be aware of that). Solving that issue is more complicated than coroutines because it requires multi-frame caching of client data, which our design doesn't do; we cache data per frame instead. It's possible, but requires redesigning and rewriting the API around that fact, so that won't be done anytime soon really.

18. dynastyo

dynastyo Member

:D so wrong, but who cares, classic dbf eBallz crap <3

19. darkbluefirefly

@dynastyo, sure. IDK why people still run that other bot.. tbh it's a piece of crap. Half the stuff he adds, he takes from EB's script section, decompile the exe with that Tmedia thing and see yourself.

20. dynastyo

dynastyo Member

I just ment it has to do with with EB :) but I knew u would fall for that.

Im not here to discuss the differences of any bots. I like exilebuddy a lot, that's why I'm here. Still argue with lowfps/smooth path finding on multibotting. It all takes time I guess. The other one also has its benefits, not that fool proof tho. Anyways stuff like thaT has not to be discussed here imo.

I just took my chance, was in a funny mood :) no hard feelings.