• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [PAID] GarrisonButler

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Store Botbases' started by deams, Nov 29, 2014.

1. highboi

highboi New Member

rule of thumb, if everyone experience an issue, its a bug, if its only 1 person, its a pc issue. i mentioned this prior to the whole needing IE11 and it still applies, theres so many combination of hardware/software issues that could arrise

2. Darkdog72

Darkdog72 New Member

It might be a sell issue, because if you open the vendor or vendor mount and sell your crap, the profile moves on. That's the only way I've found that bypasses the stuck issue. I also have 2-3 chars that doesn't get stuck there, for some weird reason.

3. blablub

blablub New Member

1. iam just a user like you (not a dev, not a best tester or anything) and all i have is just some really basic c / php / html knowledge

2. i assumed that the 30minutes where about one of your chars and not in general

3. the only problems i had in the past with hbrelog where stucks right after loading which where fixed by setting the profile to a blank profile (i don´t mean leaving the profile field empty/blank)

4. i don´t know if you realised it but the first two days after the new hb release 90% of the 4-5 pages in this topic where just about bugged movement and it was posted 2-3 times on each page.. i don´t expect people to read a 500 page manual but they could at least take a look on "the cover.."

5. you mentioned that you have to check every char by hand and it looked like it really bothered you, have you thought about my approch with addons?
      since you seem to parse the armory i guess via .xml maybe there is also a way to get a addon write data which you can read easyly afterwards by uploading the addons stored data.
      just asking since you haven´t talked about it in the last post.

4. blablub

blablub New Member

i can´t test it anymore and i won´t be home till Friday but all my chars and mailing greens enabled (maybe that whats different between your setups) since one of the chars is enchanter(dosen´t make sense then) or for some other reasons.
      but iam just guessing

5. Darkdog72

Darkdog72 New Member

I'm really happy you're not working in my company as a developer with that attittude, because I'd have to fire you at the moment you finished that sentence. Rule of the thumb is, most bugs unless they are of type severe/common/obvious kind only happens conditionally, and is what makes debugging real fun. These issues are in no way related to IE, which is only an issue because someone decided to spend weeks recoding a perfectly fine User Interface instead of fixing real problems. Nice to paint the house when the roof is leaking.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be overly negative towards a generally cool botbase, but it's too much bullshit in here trying to brush obvious problems under the carpet. I'd even do what I can to help sort out the problems, but I'm not wasting time listening to fanboys and apologetics trying to act important and pretend they have a clue.

6. highboi

highboi New Member

jokes on you, im not a dev. no where close. but my rule of thumbs come from experience. and they change accordingly when i come across something that contradicts it. and i agree with you on the second part, most issues arent brushed under the rug, its just simple solutions that people are to lazy to search for. theres ways to report a bug, i can name 2 people active on this thread that reports properly. the rest dont, and like i said im not a dev so i dont even try to help if they cant post properly. i do however try my best where i can.

7. Darkdog72

Darkdog72 New Member

I do take the time to read the last pages, at least those posts that were posted after a patch/update that breaks something. I can guarantee you that non of my profiles would run through at all, if I ran the new HB with the previous bot version, or like this morning, previous version of HB with the new botbase (before I realised it was updated).

I do some stuff by hand anyway, like some old cooldowns Silk/Jards and stuff that isn't added to the bot and I quite often realize that a profile hasn't run through. My profiles on this hardware generally run through in 4-7 minutes, so if it doesn't finish in 15 minutes, something has gotten stuck. There's not a single day something hasn't been mailed according to the mail setup, on one or more chars, which indicates that the profile didn't complete (or mailing is bugged, but I've never seen such thing happen when ran manually). Most of the times these profiles run straight through when I run them by hand after, apart from the problems with trading post and bunker, and understandable cockups by posting work orders since the NPCs sometimes wanders off and more than once have I found my char stuck near a profession building. IMO not giving up on something after 30 seconds and jumping around in a building until HBR forces a relog is a major security risk, like hitting on a NPC that is evading for 20 minutes and eventually end up drowning at the end, with the char ressing and running aorund in spirit form inside the trade building instead of ressing in the mine (I know the latter is a HB/mesh issue but still should have a check to prevent it).

Edit: I forgot to say that I do think the idea about using certain addons to check for CDs is good, and I used to do it, but it doesn't really bother me that much if a CD or two isn't being utilized across that many chars. It's just that I notice that things aren't quite stable.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    8. Darkdog72

Darkdog72 New Member

I would also report stuff backing it up with logs, but when the char just stops with nothing in the logfile or there are generally random bad stuff happning when AFK without anything seemingly wrong in the logfile apart from "Moving to xxx", and those issues are already reported with log files attached, there isn't much else I can do than to provide specific debugging help if I'm asked directly to test something.

9. Manihack

Manihack New Member

Is the trading post working now ? Or we need to keep it disable ?

10. supersonic

supersonic Member

i did set not to mill talador orchid and what it mills first? -talador orchid...altho i have plenty other herbs in backpack

Attached Files:

11. Ilovespam

Ilovespam New Member

Deams, just used updated to the new version and it works perfectly. I wish to apologize and hope you can forgive my impatience. I get that way sometimes and I shouldn't. Outstanding bot !

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    12. Deserter

Deserter New Member

Seems to be working well with the exception of HBRELOG not being triggered to proceed to the next task and my toon standing at the mission table with the mission window open until my 30 minute HBRELOG timer expires and they are logged off. Sorry no log as I am away and only monitoring remotely.

13. highboi

highboi New Member

hbrelog should be working as it is for the rest of us, post a log when you get home if u can

14. snotrag

snotrag New Member

Mine isnt working with HB 2.5.13431.781 or HB 2.5.13613.783

Attached Files:

15. ck1234

ck1234 New Member

Wondering if someone can confirm the following...

Looking at the last few pages of posts, it looks like there's a new GButler update to work with the new version of HB. However, there are still kinks and bugs to work out - mainly revolving navigation, afk and salvage yard.

Previously, even before the new HB update, the "new work orders" were also buggy, constantly crashing Wow/HB whenever work orders were being placed. Is that still an issue?

I had to revert HB previously, and now I'm purposely sticking with the older version of HB till all the bugs are ironed out. Had to pay for the plug-in after all, really can't use the buggy version.

16. Badzerg

Badzerg New Member

It's not looting mobs in the mine nor flower garden... yes I have checked the Loot-mobs option is selected in general options and HB is looting mobs with other bots but GarrisonButler :(

17. the-quality

the-quality Member

work also with latest release of HB and Butler (Ice Edition)
      here is the issue: open boxes in salvage yard and then nothing more, here is my log

please fix it

Attached Files:

18. Valpsjuk

Valpsjuk Member

Confirming the issue with toons gettign stuck in the salvage yard trying to sell the stuff they got from the salvage boxes, which is a serious pain in the bum since I mainly run GB via teamviewer from work so I can "play normaly" at night. Unable to do so for now and hoping for a quick fix for this issue.

19. deams

deams Community Developer

Alright just lost the 100lines of reply I wrote... Damn app...

So in short:
      - no log = no issue
      - gb is rather complex
      - HB API sucks and the documentation too (but seems they want to improve it)
      - When we report bug to the high chambers, we're ignored too. Even Bossland ignores us. (Except when it's about money)
      - the new gb is using hb api, so it might not be stable yet, but we're trying to make it as stable as we can.

- A huge thanks to all the one trying to help here! :) I know how hard it might be for you to stay patient sometimes. You're doing great! It's really nice to see!

- Don't think we are happy of the current state! We're users too, and I personally hate when you can't 100% rely on a bot.

20. Cirlax

Cirlax New Member