• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [GatherAssist] Gather multiple items with a single command

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by ZaneMcFate, Nov 29, 2014.

1. ZaneMcFate

ZaneMcFate Member

All excellent ideas; I am discussing the fishing conundrum in another thread as we speak. The reason it isn't straightforward is because the entire plugin operates on the premise of building an OrderBot profile, running the bot, then monitoring and periodically swapping the OrderBot profile. As OrderBot does not support fishing, I would need a unique approach designed specifically for fishing. There are also loads of other considerations for getting a good operable fishing addition to GatherAssist, such as:
      - making sure you have the correct tackle (and buying it on the way out)
      - swapping to combat classes for trips through difficult areas
      - implementing the correct Mooching technique for the specific fish you are trying to catch

Things like that. And as the API development is understaffed, I can count on any walls I encounter lasting for a long time :) But that said, I have given this a lot of thought and will continue to consider it in my long term to do list!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    2. ZaneMcFate

ZaneMcFate Member

Regarding Tineworn Maps, I have stopped short of writing my own bot logic to handle the gathering process, which is what I think needs to happen, since OrderBot does not seem to prioritize the Rare items, even if you explicitly put them in the profile. I would also love a bot for deciphering those maps, but I don't think there is anything like that at the moment, and there are a hundred priorities over that in Mastahg's book :)

3. Lordsolarius

Lordsolarius New Member

I made a profile with this plugin but it keeps crashing RBB everytime I start it. Any thoughts about this?

Thanks

4. Lordsolarius

Lordsolarius New Member

Never mind, I figured it out. I was using gatheringbot instead of orderbot. However, I will note that when I set it up originally it was going off ItemName which was not working(it was picking first item in list). Had to switch to using <slot> tag to get the right item.

5. Lordsolarius

Lordsolarius New Member

OK, I got this working at one point, but now every time I attempt to change what I am gathering the bot freezes and just starts changing my class over and over again.

6. ZaneMcFate

ZaneMcFate Member

Posting a log can help to show what the plugin is thinking. It tends to cycle gear sets when it thinks there has been a change, or when it can't find the required gear set in its records (e.g., the item calls for a miner and you only have Botanist). It can do this when it hets confused, but I don't see it happen too often in my personal use. We'll see what the log says (turning Debug on in the plugin settings helps for logging as well)

7. Buddernutz

Buddernutz New Member

is there a way i could have it gather like normal but at spawn time for "X" unspoiled node teleport and harvest and return to previous activity?

8. Buddernutz

Buddernutz New Member

also i have issues with the SVN as well. i use tortoise SVN and no matter what i do it always checksout the entire trunk.

9. Lordsolarius

Lordsolarius New Member

Here is only thing I get from log.

10. Lordsolarius

Lordsolarius New Member

And now I get this error when I try to switch to Mythril Ore

11. ZaneMcFate

ZaneMcFate Member

I've gotten that first error a couple times myself; looks like I have a bug to investigate. And it also looks like the AutoSkip timer is malfunctioning; you should be able to turn that option off in the settings for now until I can get it fixed.

12. Lordsolarius

Lordsolarius New Member

Just an FYI. The class changing bug "seems" to be reproducible when I try clicking something before it is apparently DONE with everything it is trying to do.

13. jordie49221

jordie49221 New Member

okay this is really annoying me can someone show me step by step how to set it to farm lightning shards? Do i have to be a certain level or something?

14. ZaneMcFate

ZaneMcFate Member

More than likely, yes, it is a problem with your level. The problem is that the profile selector determines some of the profile information before it knows the class level. There is no API call to determine the class level of a class you are not currently using, so this is not a straightforward problem to solve. I will probably have to add a user-supplied BTN/MIN level to force the profiles to exclude high level nodes. My concern is that people would forget to update as they leveled up, and they would consequently have bad performance. As leveling up the gathering professions takes a couple days of running the botany leveling scripts, I haven't considered it a prohibitive issue. I will continue to monitor the API updates and if I can think of a simple way to implement this, I will.

15. ZaneMcFate

ZaneMcFate Member

Minor update posted:
      - Added a key node required for the luminary achievement, which also contained Raw Sphene (previously missing, whoops!)
      - Location update for Cloves, which has proven to be really tricky; been working on this one on and off all weekend, and I'm still not sure it's right.

16. Lordsolarius

Lordsolarius New Member

Hey Zane,

I am not sure if this is something that would go with this plugin or not, but I was wondering if there is a way to make it so the skill check only happens at the start of the node. For instance, if I am using Blessed Harvest II and I get enough GP on the last gather of the node, it pops it and wastes the turn because I only yield 3 items once instead of 4 or 5 times.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this but it seems as though there should be an option to have this happen either only at start of node or whenever (because maybe some people would want it that way for other skills that affect gathering ability).

Thanks

:)

P.S.
      I know there are a few bugs in this plugin, but I just want to say that this is excellent work here. I love this plugin.

17. ZaneMcFate

ZaneMcFate Member

I noticed that; it's annoying. I'm not sure how hard it would be to write a "combat routine" for gathering to handle this, but for now, it simply runs profiles and monitors their status, using the built-in OrderBot routines.

18. Tinytox

Tinytox Member

Hey Zane, I believe the logic in this script will work for the shard/crystal conundrum we were talking about before, I really didn't do much besides clean up a few item IDs and change the OR operator to an AND operator.. which is basically a tip Kagami gave me :X

In fact, I don't even know where i originally swiped this script from. Oh well :(

By no means is this supposed to be a thread jack, I thought maybe you could just add the logic used here for farming crystals, it's important to remember that you can't farm crystals without also farming something else (typically, shards, because.. well, it just makes the most sense, doesn't clutter inventory, stacks to 9999, etc). I don't really know how your plugin works, but i assume you can use this, butcher it down, and add it into your plugin? :O

Well hope so! Like to see you get it implemented if you feel up to it :)

Attached Files:

19. ZaneMcFate

ZaneMcFate Member

The primary purpose of this plugin was to facilitate gathering when profiles couldn't do all the things they can now do; we're at a stage where I could really throw the monitoring engine away and just make it a compound profile generation tool (which I intend to do), and I will definitely take this into account when I get there. In fact, I forgot that this was an active bug, so I will try to get this corrected in the profile building logic soon.

20. Tinytox

Tinytox Member

I guess I wasn't really aware that they'd developed that much, o.o
      And what is the monitoring engine? Just an item count, essentially?