• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Gathering: Using different abilities for gathering specific items?

Discussion in 'Community Developer Forum' started by blackcoeurl, Aug 9, 2015.

1. blackcoeurl

blackcoeurl New Member

I'm quite new to this and trying to learn as I go; however, I'm really stumped on this (probably very simple) idea!

Basically, I'm leveling my Botanist, and the nodes I'm using have Emerald Beans, Magma Beets, and Earth Crystals. HQ Emerald Beans are required for a Botanist quest, but they are hidden items so they aren't at every node.

What I'd like to do is check the gathering list at each node and determine if Emerald Beans are listed. If so, I'd like to use the Leaf Turn II ability to increase HQ chance. If Beans are not listed, then I'd like to use a different ability -- or not use one at all -- to gather Magma Beets instead.

Like I said, this is probably very simple to all you pros! ;) Thank you in advance for any help you can give this poor noob!

2. tichy

tichy Member

This is a good suggestion and has other uses - e.g. only using the 'Ward' spells when Crystals are available. Wonder if it possible with basic orderbot....

3. tishat

tishat Member

yup, would love to be able to use a skill based on what you're mining, would be lovely for hidden/rare stuff.

4. jetblast

jetblast Member

Anyone figure out how to do this yet? Thanks!