Buy EpicCarFactory
  • Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Exilebuddy
  • Visit Buddystore

Getting back into POE...

Discussion in 'Exilebuddy Forum' started by SirDeric, Apr 6, 2018.

1. SirDeric

SirDeric New Member

Hey there gang...

I haven't played in a while now(at least a year and a half)... before I buy the bot again. I was wondering what the current state of botting is in Poe.

Have they changed shit where it's more dangerous? More frequent ban waves? Just want to know if it would be a waste of money to buy it right now as botting in wow/diablo/league are all all bad ideas now. Was just wondering bout POE.

Thanks for any help.

2. uupiits

uupiits Member

If you had any issues with bans before, id suggest to skip poe

3. pushedx

pushedx Moderator Moderator Buddy Core Dev

The game has not gotten any easier to bot in, and this league in particular has been the least botter friendly in a while it seems. Typically bans start to accelerate last month of a league as player base dwindles, and botters don't change their habits and stick out more, but not this time around.

4. lyvewyre

lyvewyre Member

Can you elaborate what you mean? Why not this time around?

5. pilliwinx

pilliwinx New Member

GGG rape botters this league, that what he means. Sexual harrasment non stop, untill u stop botting.

6. lyvewyre

lyvewyre Member

Ok the euphemism is nice and all, but what you're getting at is that GGG has stepped up their game this league against RMT botters and have been "unethical" in their pursuit? This has been moreso than previous leagues? I've always thought they were quite unrelenting when they've found someone out ie IP, MAC, CC, association etc.

Was rarely ever on discord so didn't see the ban announcements.

Back to his statement, to summarise, I am assuming what he meant by "this time around" was that GGG haven't waited till closer to the end of the league, they have been going ham since the beginning.

7. pushedx

pushedx Moderator Moderator Buddy Core Dev

Not unethically, but it's more just a coincidence. All the posts you see GGG reporting #s about game data should go to show why it's been more of an issue this league at the start vs others. That is, all the bug/exploit/abuse issues with Bestiary caused more dev time to be spent looking more carefully at the data, and if they have to be doing that already, then taking the extra time to look for botters while they were at it wasn't an issue. For example, this reddit reply.

When it comes to bot detection, there's very little you can do to beat server side detection, which is why GGG invested into it since the start. They show off a lot the data they collect and analyze, but it doesn't do you much good to avoiding getting caught, but users should be aware when they see posts like this, that GGG can analyze all sorts of data to try and identify bots, even by common botting builds/gear. That doesn't mean everyone should tinfoil about every little game thing, but it's obvious the scope of data ggg processes.

That's not to say bans have been worse or better this league, but the perception is they have been worse, but that's easily explained by how much more time has been spent looking at player data due to league issues and trying to identify exploits and stop abusers. Various exploits get posted to reddit nowadays and are usually fixed, so you can assume GGG goes back to try and identify people who abused it if it's possible. Another example and that's the 2nd lab related exploit reported, the first having to do with treasure chests.

So basically the TL;DR is, this league has more perceived bans, because GGG had to spend a lot more time looking at game data vs how they normally do. Normally, you see more botting activity getting server side detected near the end of the league when there's an exodus of normal playing and bots stand out more, but for this league, people felt they were getting caught way sooner than usual.

8. demonviper

demonviper Active Member

To add my .2c I've used EB for 2.5 maybe 3 years now and been ban free by having 2 accounts and rotating them on and off the bot. I even trade gear (including my Headhunter) back and forth in the guild bank. As long as you trade on both and have some player interaction I've never had any issues. You can do the same with one account but you just have to take 8+ hour breaks.