• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [PAID] Gladiator Suite - Death Knight

Discussion in 'Death Knight' started by Cokx, Aug 16, 2016.

1. bignoob

bignoob New Member

when the priest to do? really looking forward to! Thank You!

2. deknarf

deknarf Member

I bought this routine to try. I must say it still has plenty of room for improvement.
      The overall DPS is low for Frost and Unholy, but that's also partly blizzards fault.
      Blood seems to be working just good enough. The DPS is great, but the rotation logic is sometimes incorrect (doesn't use artifact skill, but instead uses vamperic blood for example).

The interrupting seems to be less efficient in PvE for as far as I've noticed.

One thing that bothers me a LOT, about PvE routines, is that they usually can't attack mobs or bosses with a large attack-radius, but you can't get near them because of an invisible wall.
      Singular and GS both have this, unlike TuanHa's routines, which had no problem with it.

I would recommend this DK routine, because:
      1: It is great for PvP
      2: Framerate is good
      3: It's the only DK routine available at the moment

3. Toizi

Toizi Community Developer

To add what you said:
      The artifact spells (frost/unholy) are only used when using the burst hotkey or the auto burst options trigger.
      Secondly, the issue with the mobs with large attack radius is something we are aware of and will eventually implement a workaround for (honorbuddy simply reports that the mobs are not in los) but it's not a priority right now since it's irrelevant for pvp.
      Lastly, the interrupts are based on spell ID so in a pve setting it won't interrupt casts unless you use the custom list and add the relevant spell IDs. Also something we might change in the future to make leveling/dungeons easier

4. totallytips

totallytips Member

Would any of the Gladiator suite routines work as a kickbot/totem killer etc for rogue classes? my main is a rogue and is really hoping for at least a kickbot

5. Kink

Kink Member

[​IMG]

Unholy - Death Knight - Legion Season 1 PvP Guide

Latest Guide Revision: [9/20/2016]
      Unholy Arena Profile Version: 0.1.2 [9/20/2016]

Notes/Thoughts From Author:
      Welcome to the guide, I'm Kink! :cool:

This is a follow up of my last guide that was dedicated to DW Frost, that old guide can be found here.

The guide is currently a <Work in Progress> dedicated to strictly Unholy PvP, I will be updating it as frequently as possible and as new information becomes available, relevant, things change, etc and as we all advance more into the first season and are given time to play and figure the best ways to do so.

[HR][/HR]

Talents:

Standard Unholy Arena Build:
      Alternative: Use clawing shadows over castigator against comps that will kite you a lot)
      [​IMG]

Standard Unholy BG Build:
      [​IMG]

Viable Unholy Talents/Builds:

Some other possible talent setups/scenarios:
      You need to register and have one post to see spoilers!

Tier Level 56:

[​IMG] All Will Serve
      (Strong single target talent, good for duels against kiting classes/ranged - Removes cooldown on raise dead and also summons a second skeleton that attacks from ranged)

[​IMG] Bursting Sores
      (Great alternative talent to All Will Serve for single target damage, this talent has good synergy with your Artifact Weapon's 'Apocalypse' spell - increasing the damage of each wound bursted making Bursting Spores a nice addition to your 1.5 minute Apoc nuke)

[​IMG] Ebon Fever
      (Another good BG/World PvP cleave talent, makes our Virulent Plague dot tick it's full damage in half the time which is great for being able to jump on multiple targets in BGs and have our cleave pressure start off strong instantly, this talent could be useful in zerg dps comps too in compination with Dark Arbiter for quick kills)

Tier Level 57:

[​IMG] Blighted Rune Weapon
      (Great talent that adds another short cooldown burst spell into our arsenal to line up with either Apocalypse/Soul Reaper or all three at once. This is my go-to choice for duels/arena.)

[​IMG] Epidemic
      (Strong ranged cleave ability, great for BGs/PvP situations that have 3+ players are stacked together, viable in some 3s comps for sure like unholy play/shadowcleave)

Tier Level 58:

[​IMG] Castigator
      (Castigator is the main choice of this tier for arenas/bgs/, mainly with a healer or when you won't be needing to kite constantly)

[​IMG] Clawing Shadows
      (Potent ranged ability that ignores the targets armor, which makes it perfect for duels where we can kite the target or they are kiting you, also useful against comps where we need to compensate for our lack of mobility and need the ranged damage to help close gaps against certain arena comps)

Tier Level 60:

[​IMG] Asphyxiate
      (Usually the default choice, especially if your comp simply lacks stuns or it could just help to have one more)

[​IMG] Debilitating Infestation
      (Great talent choice for duels against classes that can be heavily kited, adds a 50% slow to Outbreak for 3 seconds that can be reapplie, combine this with chains of ice and it's a godly for kiting against rogues, warriors, demon hunters, etc)

Tier Level 75:

[​IMG] Corpse Shield
      (Great oh shit defensive talent that transfers 90% of all damage you take for 10s to your ghoul - combine this with your pets damage mitigation and it can help save your life in a lot of situations, macro for this bellow:)
      Code:
      #showtooltip Corpse Shield
      /cast Protective Bile
      /cast Huddle
      /cast Corpse Shield
      Tier Level 90:

[​IMG] Necrosis
      (Necrosis works best with a burst single target talent setup, I.e. Bursting Sores + Soul Reaper - it's great on focusing down healers, very bursty - more aimed for arena)

[​IMG] Infected Claws
      (Infected Claws works well in more of a cleave build, epidemic, bursting sores/ebon fever, Dark Arbiter etc - aimed more towards 3s(with a cleave comp)BGs/World PvP)

Tier Level 100:

[​IMG] Soul Reaper
      (One of our greatest offensive cooldowns, the rotation saves it for burst mode (Very important to keybing Burst Mode under the hotkey tab in the Gladiator Suite class settings). Every 45 seconds, this ability hits like a truck when applied and then the rotation should aim to get us 3 soul reaper buff which is 21% haste for 15 seconds - combine this with the minions from Apocalypse and gargoyle it's a helluva nice burst window for us to do some crazy damage)

[​IMG] Dark Arbiter
      (Talent has some limited use but it's a very potent burst cooldown that can close to solo someone on its own if they don't use defensives. Good for duels/double/triple dps/any zerg style comps.)

[HR][/HR]

Gearing/Enchanting/Gemming:

Unholy Stat Priority (Castigator Talent): Strength > Critical Strike >= Haste > Mastery > Versatility
      Unholy Stat Priority (Clawing Shadows Talent): Strength > Haste > Mastery > Critical Strike > Versatility

Gems: Saber's Eye of Strength (200+ STR) > Deadly Eye of Prophecy (150+ STR)

Enchants:
      Apocalypse: Rune of the Fallen Crusader
      Neck: Enchant Neck - Mark of the Claw > Enchant Neck - Gift of Critical Strike
      Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Binding of Strength > Enchant Cloak - Word of Strength
      Ring: Enchant Ring - Binding of Critical Strike > Enchant Ring - Word of Critical Strike

[​IMG] Artifact Trait Progression:
      From top to bottom in priority of choosing traits for your artifact weapon, with PvP in mind:
      You need to register and have one post to see spoilers!
      [HR][/HR]

Misc/Notes:

[​IMG] Utilizing important routine hotkeys (Class Config --> Hotkeys Tab):

I highly recommend making use of the hotkeys supplied to us by Gladiator suite itself, they are very important in actually being competitive in PvP.

[​IMG]

Important Hotkeys:

[​IMG] Burst Target
      (Disable automatic usage of burst and bind this hotkey to a key that will act as your one shot, as this controls your Soul Reaper usage, Blighted Rune Weapon, Gargoyle, and Apocaylyse artifact ability usage)

[​IMG] SelfHeal
      (Setting the rotation to use death strike automatically when you're bellow a certain health % is going to affect your dps overall in the end of the game especially when playing with healers and wasting runic power on death strikes instead of damage. I much prefer to keybind this to my death strike ability and toggle it on either to help my healer out when I'm close to death or help counter heavy burst from other classes.)

Enable/Disable Interrupt
      (There will be games where you need to manually cast an interrupt to get a kill, this is a huge one to help prevent you from wasting interrupts)

Interrupt Next Heal/CC
      (Simple hotkey that goes a long way, not having to micro manage and watch for a cast bar when you're closing in on a kill.. if you're about to get a kill and need to stop the next CC, toggle this on. Same goes with heal, toggle that on and prevent last second heals to kill targets)

Pet Passive/Active
      (Force toggle between your pet assisting you or following you with this hotkey)

[HR][/HR]

Arena Profiles Notes:
      • Auto burst options disabled by default.
      • Auto corpse shield/ice bound fortitude disabled by default. Auto AMS disabled outside of during burst + if we're getting CC'd and our target is low HP.
      • Death Strike set to be used bellow 50% HP, this might need lowered even when playing with a healer. I'd advise just disabling it and using the SelfHeal hotkey when you need to spam death strike.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
    6. KiLLu12258

KiLLu12258 New Member

ah great man, loved your old guide too, thanx for updating this!
      Would be amazing if you can do that for other classes like warrior too

7. madhu89

madhu89 Member

any guides for pve ?

8. m4rt1jn

m4rt1jn New Member

This CR only spams chains of ice ....

9. Toizi

What spec+talents are you playing and what are your chains of ice settings?

10. m4rt1jn

m4rt1jn New Member

For some reason it was a plugin called studio companion interfering with it. Works fine now, just hit 2.1k+ rating in 3v3 and I´ve never played a DK :D.

Also, I just hit honor level 50, is anyone playing the necrotic build, is it supported and is it worth it?

11. Toizi

Yeah necrotic build is working well with the CR but from what I've heard the spec itself is not that great right now

12. TheAxester

TheAxester Banned

How is this for pve and raiding.

13. Lbniese

Lbniese Active Member Buddy Store Developer

Any suggestions for setting changes based on your settings for AFK BG-Botting? Using this CR with BGFarmer to rank up my prestige level.

14. Kink

Kink Member

Hey Lbniese :), there's not a whole lot that I'd change settings wise for AFK BGs besides enabling auto burst on ally CDs, a higher Death Strike health value (I'd probs set it to 60), enabling most defensive ability usage (Icebound, AMS, Corpse shield, etc) using common sense, disabling chains of ice ally support as I could see this wasting a lot of GCDs especially for lower geared players.

For talents I'd definitely run Bursting Sores/Epidemic, Asphyxiate, Infected Claws, Soul Reaper - You could play with the epidemic setting, I think I have it set to 2 in the guide profile, might need to be set to 3 for BGs.

15. Pixxel

Pixxel Member

any word on Honor talants? :D !

16. Pixxel

Pixxel Member

Isnt Frost atm better in PVP ?

17. vetis666

vetis666 New Member

does this currently support totem stomping in pvp?

18. Toizi

Yes it does

19. 3dman

3dman Member

hello before i buy this i would like to know wich spec is most optimised to use with this CR ? frost or UH ? cheers !

20. drmartin

drmartin Member

Cokx and Toizi is there a chance for you guys to add back in the force grap and interrup and healers ther somthing i feel the bot is missing

it was in back in the wod and it was op as fuck ;) so i hop for it to be put back in..

and it seem it need to have a delay on the grap when mage uses blink it seems it trys to grap them to fast

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016