• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • GreyMagic x86/x64 References

Discussion in 'Community Developer Forum' started by newb23, Mar 1, 2016.

1. newb23

newb23 Community Developer

Is it possible/feasible to be able to build a project against both x86 and x64 version of the GreyMagic.dll? Or even reference only one and have it work on both?

If I build against x86 and load up the dx9 client, it works just fine but crashes on the dx11, and vice versa. I've attached a log as well, but the error that gets thrown in the "off" version is as follows:

[HIDE]
      Code:
      [02:58:53.892 D] System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Edward.UI.Views.SettingsOverlay' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'GreyMagic, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=260525fa2b0e778a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
      [/HIDE]

What I did not have to change and worked in both versions, was reference to RebornBuddy.exe(32), hence the question if it was going to be possible or not. I don't mind dropping support for x86 in favor of x64, but, if there is an easy way to support both, that would be fantastic!

Thank you for taking the time to look!

Attached Files:

2. criosray

criosray New Member

From my knowledge and understanding that shouldn't be possible.

3. newb23

newb23 Community Developer

Thank you for the reply. I found a different way to accomplish my goal that doesn't involve referencing Grey Magic at all. Not as clean as I would like, but it saves me trouble in the long run, and uses a built-in method that won't be going away any time soon. ;)