• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Growing trend - Selling a product and disguising it as donations

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Swizzie, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Swizzie

Swizzie New Member

Perhaps I have not really noticed it till now, but looking for other alternatives to Singular has led me into a trail of people disguising their profiles/routines and asking for donations for the unlocked version. A donation is a donation you do not ask for donations for a unlocked or elite version of a item or require a set amount to unlock that item. That is not a donation, that is you, charging a price for your item you are selling.

I would love to sell a few of the 15 accounts I do not use, so does that mean if I ask for donations, you will recieve a free account from me?
      I think HB should either ban this or set up a sales section. Because this grey area is turning into people exploiting what donations actually mean.

People are waiting for the product they have donated for for days now. The people running these shams are not even actively servicing their customers. This is going to cause some serious issues and needs attention from the mods.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
    2. Dragonheart

Dragonheart New Member

When you donate to WNF you get a stuffed animal. Did I donate or did I buy that overpriced stuffed animal?

3. Tony

Tony "The Bee" Staff Member Moderator

give us links

keep in mind that people are allowed to offer paid advanced versions of their stuff,if there is an updated/working/decent free version offered

4. Swizzie

Swizzie New Member

Does WNF give you a choice of a free stuffed animal or a better version if you donate more?
      Does WNF give you a stuff animal without the eyes and tell you if you donate they will mail them to you when ever they can.

5. Swizzie

Swizzie New Member

Ok last I was aware there was no selling of accounts and what not on this forum. I was under the impression that this was all in the same Category. My appologies.

6. Gatherit

Gatherit New Member Buddy Store Developer

This has been discussed before. As long as the creator has a free working version what else is there to bitch about? You either press the donate button or move on. There's tons of free profiles and CC's on these forums. I am working with Bossland to make it even easier to find the best free CC's and profiles.

7. Swizzie

Swizzie New Member

God forbid someone makes a mistake. God almighty here comes in with a flame thrower.
      You assume I was part of that discussion.

8. Gatherit

Gatherit New Member Buddy Store Developer

Who made the mistake? There's nothing to be ashamed about asking a question. Just dont get your panties in a bundle when people give you witty one liner responses. It happens all the time.

9. Darkskyz3

Darkskyz3 New Member

Well looking at this comment I'd like to tell you that
      A) People spend countless hours making these "Donation" profiles or CC's.
      B) There are a long listing of free CC's and Profile's on the forum and am personally happy people are letting us take peaks of there "private profiles".
      C) Most "Donation" CC's have 'lite or free' versions aswell for you to make the choice to donate or not.
      D) If people Donate there time to making these things for us, why not give back? What is the insentive to put in constant work into upkeeping a solid CC if you are simply letting people use stuff while you are losing your own time making these thing? Time is Money.
      E) If you dont like it, Move on and Ignore

I myself appreciate this growing trend and would love to see this grow even more

10. Darkskyz3

Darkskyz3 New Member

I'd like to add that Gatherit is the man.

11. Dark57

Dark57 New Member

They use Paypal's donation button that way Paypal doesn't take a cut. Obviously you want everyone here to release things for free. Sound like a giant mooch to me.

tl;dr OP is crying because he doesn't want to pay to use other peoples digital goods.

12. Dagradt

Dagradt Community Developer

Sniff sniff, mmmmmm, crispy cooked bacon!

13. greaterdeath

greaterdeath New Member

I just wonder how they make it so only the people who actually donated have access :confused: Maybe its IP based? If so, then I wish HB it self would become IP based. Of course I just speak for my self.

14. Darkskyz3

Darkskyz3 New Member

Well, as you know people have been using SVN for some time now. They give you a the SVN link and a User/Pass so you can update and download it in the first place. They give you this after donating and voila, you dont have to worry about browsing the site for the update link, you simply right click, update, boom. It would not suprise me if they did have the SVN IP based, although I could be wrong.

15. MoMedic

MoMedic New Member

I agree completely with the OP. If you're going to offer a half-as-good, watered down profile, CC routine, etc, etc for free, and then offer the same profile, CC routine, etc etc in a fully functional state...then I'm sorry, that's not a "donation". That a "Fee" or a "Charge" for the "Upgraded" or "Special Edition" versions. And before I'm flamed, I'm not talking about a profile that will let you do everything you need to do, I'm referring to CC's that only support a few of HB's capabilities, and if you want the CC to support all of HB's capabilities, you have to pay...errrr...."donate".

I'm all for supporting hard working individuals who keep this community running. You create something I use...something I go "holybatshitbatman..this is awesome!" Then I donate to show my appreciation and support. What I'm not doing is "donating", when no option other than that is available to utilize the fully functional piece of code someone has written to add a piece to the HB puzzle. If I have to buy it, and it didn't come with HB, then it aint getting bought...errrr.."donated".

16. Venus112

Venus112 New Member

i find it funny then that its been stated as not allowed and you closed that particular thread stating that since questiom about this had been answered, you decided to close the thread.
      Yet now its ok to sell stuff? Really seems like the rules arent clear

17. Skaggy

Skaggy New Member

some of the Tuanha (probably typed that wrong) plugin/cc, at least far as i've experimented (warrior/druid), do not work properly without having to donate.
      it entices you with a "picture" of the UI and presumably German first page, being very basic GUI and other "tabs" that are just links.

ex: warrior one, "free" version will not cast about half the spells i have, and i am lvl 39.

though the Ultimate PVP plugin has worked well so far, I think that should just be the case- post two versions-one where you pay, other where you don't. You'll actually find that if you do everything for free and ask for "donations," as some of the established programmers here do, you'll have more customers in the end.

Look at it this way. If i donated and got your "pro version" and something doesn't work, you are kind of obligated to fix and try to meet every little bug and issues that the "donators" complain about.

if you've put it out free and i give you ten bucks cuz I like you, even if a new Patch breaks the plugin, you're not "obligated," you'll do it because you're nice and get more donations!

18. Alucardtnuoc

Alucardtnuoc New Member

Sorry... but TuanHAs free profiles work splendidly, i used them for weeks before donating to him (and snagged some rank 1-10 ranks in heroic progression). I enjoyed how well they were. He added a lot of features to the donated one which is what enticed me.... and i am pretty sure once he adds more unique features and fixes up some things, he will move some of them to the free version.

19. Swizzie

Swizzie New Member

Selling is not donating, I have and will donate to those whos items I use. But disguising selling something and not even maintaining the sale with your customers is just going to cause a issue. If Gatherit or whoever else does things properly I have no issues, I don't use Gatherit profiles nor will I ever donate since I see he jumped me with out fully understanding what I am saying.

For example People who have waited for Dunkatank's donation status warrior cc are still waiting days later, this is just one of the issues arising. If you are offering extra service then take care of the people that you are charging again there is a diference between me liking your work and shooting you $10 then you charging me for a unlocked version of your CC. To many of you guys jump people and start flaming, I am talking about the increase issues that will arise, people are already pissed off about the condition HB has been in lately. Adding people charging for HB items and not servicing their customers is going to cause a larger issue.

20. woohah

woohah Member

Tuanha is not German, he is Chinese I believe. Secondly, he only has 2 profiles at the moment which are the Monk and Paladin. The one you are referring to on the warrior is Dunatank's Warrior CC just for clarification.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.