• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Growing trend - Selling a product and disguising it as donations

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Swizzie, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Swizzie

Swizzie New Member

At least one person understands what I was saying. lol
      Again I have donated here and on the Pirox boards, me being "cheap or not wanting to pay for someones work" is just a low blow and you do not have a clue what you are talking about, this isn't the wow forums take your bullshit responses there..

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
    2. Swizzie

Swizzie New Member

Exactly and it is a growing trend, the mods need to cut this BS out before it negatively impacts HB itself.

3. Gentoo

Gentoo Active Member

Hi Swizzie!

4. Swizzie

Swizzie New Member

!!!HI

5. wownerds

wownerds New Member

PayPal takes the usual ?0,35 + 3,5% for every donation. Get your facts right before claiming such bs!

Addition:

@OP: This matter has already been discussed and answered by CodenameG:

Source: http://www.thebuddyforum.com/honorbuddy-forum/89925-current-situation-donations-2.html#post891762

6. handnavi

handnavi Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

AW: Growing trend - Selling a product and disguising it as donations

:)

Yeah, but the staff does not care about it.
      So i have to ask the german tax office, if they know about this business here. :D

7. Swizzie

Swizzie New Member

8. suprchunk

suprchunk New Member

I would like to counter that false statement.

9. wownerds

wownerds New Member

Have not heard of a single case for the last couple of weeks, given that those who donated followed the steps in the FAQ. Interestingly enough, you switched away from your original point to a personal basis. The people you claim to represent can make themselves heard on their own in case they wish to do so, there is no need to pretend to speak for people who are unaware & not concerned with the matter at all.

Sincerely,

Wownerds

10. Dragonheart

Dragonheart New Member

No, if I don't donate, I'll get nature. If I do donate, I'll get nature and a stuffed animal. And a less guilty conscious whenever I don't separate my garbage. :D

11. greaterdeath

greaterdeath New Member

Yes, yours is very different. I donated $5 because I am *that* lazy!! It is really a snap to configure without the gui.

12. randomstraw

randomstraw Community Developer

giving out features in a "donate" version other than a "free" one is nothing else than selling a product.
      without the contract-thingy.

so selling stuff on the forums is allowed now.

kewl.

wait

13. cordes96

cordes96 Member

Its come to where CC's are demo of the donated Version [Paid-only(Charge) version some might say] that doesn't have all the features so it gives the person a taste then they add all these features to the donated version and your advertising your product btw. Its like Demo games on Xbox you can only do so much with a demo. I get people are hurting for money and its not like how it used to be where there was so many developers and profile creators and it decreases every X-Pac and this is what people have resorted to. We pay for a bot then have to donate(Pay) to actually be any good with it or even be able to accomplish anything. I have raided with the free CC's that require donation for the full version (not going to name so Developers don't Flame/rage) and they royally suck to be honest and some paid versions that aren't any better.

Definition of Donation: Something that is given to a charity, esp. a sum of money.
      The action of donating something.
      Synonyms:
      gift - offering - grant - present - donative - endowment

Definition of charge: Demand (an amount) as a price from someone for a service rendered or goods supplied.
      A price asked for goods or services.

Definition of Pay: Give (someone) money that is due for work done, goods received, or a debt incurred. Payment

Definition of Selling: Give or hand over (something) in exchange for money:
      Have a stock of (something) available for sale

Before trying to say that "i'm not charging you", you should know the definition of it and understand it before you try and wiggle yourself free from an accusation.

And Not to hate on the mods you should learn the definitions to. But mods are two faced and allow people to do what they want.

Are you kidding me Tony i can't believe you said that because if you said that there's no selling allowed on the forum then you just contradicted yourself.

Definition of contradicted: Assert the opposite of a statement made by (someone).

So what your saying is there is no selling but you can offer a Free(Demo) Version of a CC's/Profile and make people Buy the Full Version or in your and their terms donated Version.

Definition of Buy: Obtain in exchange for payment
      A purchase.
      Synonyms:
      verb. purchase - get - acquire - take - shop
      noun. purchase - buying - bargain

And Before you say that no one is forcing us to Donate(Purchase) that's not the point you said no selling and then your like oh its ok if you give the people that don't want to Donate(Purchase) the full version and they can get a crappy version which is just not right.

Definition of Purchase: Acquire (something) by paying for it; buy.
      The action of buying.

I Donate to people who have made Excellent profiles and Excellent CC's not to people who sit down and code a cc and then give a crap free and make people pay to use the full version that might not even work very well and you wasted their money.i toke Class on C# and C++, and have made CC's for myself only but if i did post them i want people to donate to me if something is done well. The way things are around here are not the way they used to be.

Donation should be to people who deserve it not be used as a payment method.

1. I don't use the ones that suck.
      2. First i have been learning code and making my own which are better then some of the paid.
      (And there is no Selling so things shouldn't have to be bought or paid for.)
      3. I am and is quite boring but atleast i'm doing something
      4. I do for Botting and use my CC's for Raiding
      Also when you say "Any subsiquent CC's are offered to you via our hard work in which we do not get paid nor do we ask alot for our time and effort..." you just said that you don't get paid for but by requiring a donation you are actually getting paid in which you are selling a product
      5. This is a Public Forum and which allows me to Complain at my will and have yet to see any rule against. and Also im complaining that you don't know what you guys are talking about when you say donated version
      6. I don't care i have my own so do as you please.

14. chtpm

chtpm Member

I have made hundreds of dollars from free profiles and I wont even donate unless Im being "forced" to do it and that sucks because I want all the money for myself...

15. Dagradt

Dagradt Community Developer

1) If you don't like it ~> Don't use it...
      2) If you want the paid version but have an issue with paying ~> Suck it up and use the free version...
      3) If you have such a big issue with this ~> Learn to Code, write your own CC and stop complaining...
      4) Go use Singluar as it is the only CC that you get when purchasing HB ~> Any subsiquent CC's are offered to you via our hard work in which we do not get paid nor do we ask alot for our time and effort...
      5) Stop complaining ~> Plain and simple...
      6) As some of you remeber it only takes a a second for us to wipe the threads clear of all CC's ~> Complain enough for the Dev's to change the rules and it might happen again...

16. wownerds

wownerds New Member

Truer words were never spoken!

17. wownerds

wownerds New Member

First of all, I am very proud to see you are able to use a dictionary.

But back to what you said about Tony's post:

1) He is one of (the main) mods on the forums - his word should be taken seriously
      2) His statements were not contradictory - all he said is: you can advertise paid stuff on the forums, as long as there is a free-to-use version available either in the thread itself, or on a free SVN.

Addition: As I previously stated: everything said in this thread has already been discussed here: http://www.thebuddyforum.com/honorbuddy-forum/89925-current-situation-donations-1.html . Therefore I have now reported this thread & hope it will be closed soon.

18. cordes96

cordes96 Member

1. I don't use the ones that suck.
      2. First i have been learning code and making my own which are better then some of the paid.
      (And there is no Selling so things shouldn't have to be bought or paid for.)
      3. I am and is quite boring but atleast i'm doing something
      4. I do for Botting and use my CC's for Raiding
      Also when you say "Any subsiquent CC's are offered to you via our hard work in which we do not get paid nor do we ask alot for our time and effort..." you just said that you don't get paid for but by requiring a donation you are actually getting paid in which you are selling a product
      5. This is a Public Forum and which allows me to Complain at my will and have yet to see any rule against. and Also im complaining that you don't know what you guys are talking about when you say donated version
      6. I don't care i have my own so do as you please.

Also as you say "As some of you remeber it only takes a a second for us to wipe the threads clear of all CC's ~> Complain enough for the Dev's to change the rules and it might happen again..." that would be abuse of power and would make many subscribers not want to come back due to the arrogant dev's thinking they have all the power.

19. cordes96

cordes96 Member

CodenameG Said and i Quote "well the rules are you can accept donations for your work, but you cannot solicit them (Eg Begging). if you want to Buy and Sell, you need to do it somewhere else, as when you do that it opens up for people to scam each other so its not allowed."

So your saying i shouldn't take CodenameG word Seriously

And i used the Dictionary because you guys don't seem to know the differences between selling and donating is

For all those who Sell their profiles on other sites i don't care about you but some people just have donation links to paypal and you send them a pm and they add you to a SVN and that would be Selling on the Forums

20. wownerds

wownerds New Member

You seem to miss the fact that devs put countless hours of work into developing stuff. In my opinion, it is great that they are around the forums and provide free versions. If you wish to use an enhanced version of something, you are asked to give money - be it a fixed amount or not.

Just because of the bad comparisons I've read in this thread, I'll try my very best at this "art" now.

Imagine you get a free cheeseburger at any fastfood joint you like. That is a great sacrifice of resources & time for the producers, but still very nice of them.
      But YOU want a double-cheeseburger and are asked to pay for it. Now I ask you: Would you really complain about the double-cheeseburger not being free?

Think about it.

P.S.: For those who do not get the references:

time = time
      resources = anything that is needed for development/testing, e.g. 2nd monitor, Red Bull, RAM, paid versions of Visual Studio, C# programming books, etc.
      free cheeseburger = free version
      double-cheeseburger = enhanced version

Sincerely,

wownerds

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.