• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Growing trend - Selling a product and disguising it as donations

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Swizzie, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Darkskyz3

Darkskyz3 New Member

Thank you so much to everyone who contributes to the community, I enjoy the benefits of paying a few extra bucks and buying these people beers. To the haters heres a little song by Tupac : Tupac - Nothin' But Love - YouTube

2. Dagradt

Dagradt Community Developer

love it!!!

3. Dagradt

Dagradt Community Developer

Well said

4. Swizzie

Swizzie New Member

Nice comparison, sadly you guys are giving us a cheeseburger for free, without the meat and cheese. Still calling it a cheeseburger, then on top of that forcing people to pay to get the meat and cheese. This does not go for every dev but even one of them has made people wait up to a week after they have donated for their meat and cheese. You even have one guy with the balls to charge a large fee for his donated version and also have to ignorace to ask for a donation for one of his buddies.

Anyways a few of you don't understand what is being said here. This is about dev;s here putting out free garbage in order to get people to pay for their "Donated" version. This have nothing to do with any of the devs that release fully working cc's and get donations.

5. Botanist

Botanist Banned

Plain and simple. For all those who feel they shouldn't have to donate. Do a simple experiment. Create a folder on your desktop. Download the bot you payed for. Extract it to the folder you created and start the bot. Don't download any CC/plugins/profiles as technically none of those are what you payed for. Now start your bot and see what it is capable of doing. You have the option to BG with singular, which IMO is basically asking for a ban and you have the option to run the Archaeologybuddy which will most likely crash in a few minutes after you get stuck in a tree. Enjoy the product you payed for. Be they free or payed, CC's/Plugins/profiles which aren't made and distributed with what you payed for are what makes the bot functional. Without them, the bot it's self is worthless. Because HB sells you half a product and forces the community to make the other half for free. Blame HB for people having to use the "donate" word when they mean "buy".

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
    6. Darkskyz3

Darkskyz3 New Member

Alright Swizzie. This is a Addon someone was "selling" The moderators took it upon themselves to take it down because there was no lite/free version. They ARE taking action and I now have no idea why you are still fighting a battle, what is the point, what do you expect out of it? You want these donation receiving developpers to release there product so you can use it?! Wake up brother.

Think of it this way, it is like going to a "fast food joint" again we could say. You can buy the "Meal" (HB) Which comes with fries and drink (Addons, Custom Classes, Profiles) But if you want to get extra cheese, hamburger patty or bacon, your obviously going to need to pay for it. Its not nessesary to have or is it mandatory, you can argue you are paying for it BUT if the service you came for is provided, EXTRA will cost EXTRA. They offer Lite VERSIONS which is a contribution nonetheless.

All of your arguments are one sided and are avoiding the big picture. Most of these GREAT profiles and Custom Classes if donations not received would never have been revealed to the public. Now let me in a sence, be fat, and get as much extra fucking bacon on my burger that I want, you already ate your meal and are trying to pick away at my fucking food. I know my bacon looks good but Buy your own. If you get the analogy.

TGIF, Tupac - Nothin' But Love - YouTube

7. Swizzie

Swizzie New Member

Botanist I respect you as a profile creator and such. But you are missing the point of this post. It is not to get free stuff, it is about the release of broken crap in order to get people to buy your working version.

8. Darkskyz3

Darkskyz3 New Member

LOL ^ This guys histarical, I used Tuanha Paladin free release before buying. Its Great.

9. Botanist

Botanist Banned

But once you know someone is giving you watered down beer, don't buy anymore beer from them. Simple bro. How long would it take to figure out who is in it to trick you into buying BS and those who do good work and deserve a little contribution?

10. Darkskyz3

Darkskyz3 New Member

Again I say, [​IMG] Originally Posted by cm2003 [​IMG]
      Here is btw. a fresh "sell only" thread for an actually useful plugin...
      Sharp Messenger - monitor your Honorbuddy toons via Google Talk!
      Alright Swizzie. This is a Addon someone was "selling" The moderators took it upon themselves to take it down because there was no lite/free version. They ARE taking action and I now have no idea why you are still fighting a battle, what is the point, what do you expect out of it? You want these donation receiving developpers to release there product so you can use it?! Wake up brother.

Think of it this way, it is like going to a "fast food joint" again we could say. You can buy the "Meal" (HB) Which comes with fries and drink (Addons, Custom Classes, Profiles) But if you want to get extra cheese, hamburger patty or bacon, your obviously going to need to pay for it. Its not nessesary to have or is it mandatory, you can argue you are paying for it BUT if the service you came for is provided, EXTRA will cost EXTRA. They offer Lite VERSIONS which is a contribution nonetheless.

All of your arguments are one sided and are avoiding the big picture. Most of these GREAT profiles and Custom Classes if donations not received would never have been revealed to the public. Now let me in a sence, be fat, and get as much extra fucking bacon on my burger that I want, you already ate your meal and are trying to pick away at my fucking food. I know my bacon looks good but Buy your own. If you get the analogy.

TGIF, Tupac - Nothin' But Love - YouTube

11. Swizzie

Swizzie New Member

But that is not what this topics about sir, please read before you make comments not really related to the subject. Thanks

12. Sillyname

Sillyname New Member

Current Donation system is bullshit and needs to change, if you allow them to sell a better/working version while the free is shitty and or non functional at least rename the term donation to buy...
      I'm about to donate them all and freaking post a link to their updated cc/plugins for everyone for free because they piss me off by how greedy they are atm, I'm not saying their work is worth nothing but that's not how honorbuddy used to work.

13. Botanist

Botanist Banned

If the community as a whole can't distinguish the bad apples from the good, maybe they should quit making pies.

Swizzie likes this.
    14. randomstraw

randomstraw Community Developer

a simple solution could be to open a "paid stuff" forum, and punish everyone advertising anything "requiring a donation" outside that forum.
      but i guess theres some legals in the way, like stuff cng said, selling on the forums is forbidden.
      a result should be: everyone requiring a donation should get his/her stuff removed from the forum and be punished on outiside-links or donation requiring. but that isnt.

this "some can, some not, no we do not tell in general whats allowed and whats not" fucks it up.

actually... kinda, yes.

i'd appreciate a "paid fucks" forum more then how it is right now. but yea, its probably not possible, so i suggest the 2nd thingy i wrote anyways.

15. Darkskyz3

Darkskyz3 New Member

#1 I showed you a link that they are giving attention to these no lite version sellers.
      #2 I just explained to you how this is a DONATION by showing you that these custom classes are not MANDATORY
      #3 How does CC Profiles and such relate to you saying, "cuz there selling stuff, I would love to sell my 15 accs."
      #4 Your arguing all of this with use of definitions, tell me good sir what is the definition of a leech?
      #5 What "shams" are you talking about, theres a reason they give lite versions, to use the functions they give you or for you to determine if you want to buy it or not.

Now I understand that you cant argue with a brick wall, but fuck it, ill do it anyway.

16. Venus112

Venus112 New Member

While i dont think its good to provoke the developers, i do agree that this wasnt how it used to be. But i blame the HB team for not following what they say - the others are simply abusing this.

17. Darkskyz3

Darkskyz3 New Member

The reason I dont want a paid forum is because I dont want this site to become like mmocore or w.e that site is and get blasted with Plvling services, CD keys, WoW Accs and make tools for this site hard to find. As well as I dont quite think it would be the best thing to do for there legal situation, I could be wrong but, I want this site to be around for a while.

18. Botanist

Botanist Banned

Venus112, you should log on skype once in a while lol.

19. Darkskyz3

Darkskyz3 New Member

That my good friend will get you banned, I believe.

20. strujus

strujus Member

Clearly OP has no idea what he is talking about, picked up on some small shit and now made a shit storm here. Have you done anything good for community? You have active thread that you update constantly and provide community with free goodies for HB? Do you know what it takes constantly write code? Man even if you done something for us, you still should shut your mouth and go debate under yahoo comments about politics you angry cunt

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.