• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Growing trend - Selling a product and disguising it as donations

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Swizzie, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Swizzie

Swizzie New Member

oh so lite means stripped down and damn near useless. I get you now.

No they aren't giving attention to them, if this guy gave out a broken version then asked for a donation for his working one. He would be allowed to carry on.
      Stop while you are ahead.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
    2. Darkskyz3

Darkskyz3 New Member

Last I checked TuanHa Paladin, Which is the only CC I have bought, is updated DAILY, has a great Paladin HOLY PVE settup, I used for PVE raids before saying to myself, "yea this is worth getting, this guy must have spent a long ass time working on this". Lite, is selective to what it offers, because if it was not, wouldnt that be the same as the Donation Version?! Your selective thinking is mind numbing.

3. Swizzie

Swizzie New Member

4. Darkskyz3

Darkskyz3 New Member

Again, which projects are you talking about, I am on these forums many of hours a day. I have yet to see one Custom Class that is accepting donations that is broken and not updated.. sorry thats just me, feel free to point them out

5. randomstraw

randomstraw Community Developer

yea, but you got it right, its buying.

i like TuanHA, he is a great guy, but selling stuff on the forums is forbidden. i really wish a clear, non-questioning serious statement from a forum mod / admin would clearify all of this shit. Exactly defining what is allowed, when it is, how it is. not just "provide a working free version, then you can provide a "donate" version which works better has more features makes sandwiches" etc...

6. Darkskyz3

Darkskyz3 New Member

Re Read your quote...

7. Darkskyz3

Darkskyz3 New Member

What do you want the Team to do? Take down these Custom Classes that require donations? Or make them public? Make the devoloppers loose insentive then eventually cause them to break? Make me revert back to the plain old singular? NO THANK YOU. I like my areana rating the way it is. First thing my mom and dad taught me when I would fight with my little sister was, "Ignore it Cody" If you dont like something and you are grown up, you ignore, you dont qq about it on forums throw a tantrum and make every suffer. Grow up guys. Its a few dollars, Stop being cheap, These people need motivation to fuel there ambitions. What makes you go to work every day? Money. Would you go to work if you were'nt making money? No. If you are not putting in work, dont complain that the people who are showing up to work are getting a few dollars. You are all sounding like left wingers right now with your entitlements. (Im canadian and a conservative voter :p)

8. Botanist

Botanist Banned

"There are none so blind as those who refuse to see"

"Random House Dictionary of Popular Proverbs and Sayings" by Gregory Y. Titelman (Random House, New York, 1996). Mr. Titelman agrees that this saying has its roots in the Bible, specifically Jer. 5:21 (King James version): "Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not."

"There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know. The proverb has been traced back in English to 1546 (John Heywood), and resembles the Biblical verse quoted (above). In 1738, it was used by Jonathan Swift in his 'Polite Conversation,' and is first attested in the United States in the 1713 'Works of Thomas Chalkley'..."

9. amputations

amputations Active Member

QFT
      I see a lot of people being unreasonable here, and in no position to complain on these matters.

Also Swizzie, Tuanha offers his profiles for free as well as a paid exclusive version and thats following the rules according to Tony and CodenameG as stated earlier in the thread.

10. Darkskyz3

Darkskyz3 New Member

Again,
      What do you want the Team to do? Take down these Custom Classes that require donations? Or make them public? Make the devoloppers loose insentive then eventually cause them to break? Make me revert back to the plain old singular? NO THANK YOU. I like my areana rating the way it is. First thing my mom and dad taught me when I would fight with my little sister was, "Ignore it Cody" If you dont like something and you are grown up, you ignore, you dont qq about it on forums throw a tantrum and make every suffer. Grow up guys. Its a few dollars, Stop being cheap, These people need motivation to fuel there ambitions. What makes you go to work every day? Money. Would you go to work if you were'nt making money? No. If you are not putting in work, dont complain that the people who are showing up to work are getting a few dollars. You are all sounding like left wingers right now with your entitlements. (Im canadian and a conservative voter :p) ​

11. randomstraw

we tell what we want the team to? okies!

i want the team to set public rules and enforce them.

and you?

12. Venus112

Venus112 New Member

Okaaaaaaay :(
      Might be on tomorrow

13. amputations

randomstraw, I think there is a section on the forum that takes up forum-rules if you want to read up on that. I dont understand what you mean by "enforcing public rules", can you elaborate?

14. randomstraw

Link please, i can't find any written rules. or do you mean this? Forum Rules - Home of the Buddy Bots - Honorbuddy, Gatherbuddy, Demonbuddy, Buddy Wing, Tankleader

although rules like "no paid cc without offering a free one" is no rule, thats bullshit, cause it leaves like a universe of interpretation

please, send me a link :) i've only read various random posts on the forums, but nothin stating anything really clear, like a rule should be.

15. Darkskyz3

Darkskyz3 New Member

Ampitations got my back, it seems to me right now that this is a fight againts Donators and Non Donators, while the non donators are blaming the staff, the Donators are blaming the non donators for being stingy.

The Staff has listed the rules... They said you need to post a working lite version and can offer a premium donation version. Now if there are people posting broken lite versions and good donations versions, dont get me wrong, I dont agree with that. Otherwise GTFO and stop complaining, The 'Have nots' will always want to have what the 'Haves' got. Its in humain nature.

16. Venus112

Venus112 New Member

Then who is in position to complain?
      I have already linked to Cng saying donations and selling are the same and not allowed.

About the forum rules, this isnt mentioned in the rules anywhere and is we want some specific rules than mods saying different things

17. Darkskyz3

Darkskyz3 New Member

Right there, ITS ALLOWED. Idk what else you want.

I repeat

keep in mind that people are allowed to offer paid advanced versions of their stuff,if there is an updated / working / decent free version offered

18. Obliv

Obliv New Member

If you allow someone to offer an advanced version as long as they receive a donation, you're allowing them to sell a CC. If that's the case, just allow people to say "Here's our free version... and here's our paid version."

Example: avast! offers free anti-virus on their website, however, they also want users to upgrade to their "advanced" versions. The free version works just fine for 99% of users, but for the 1% that want the extras.. it's available. You know what.. it also helps them stay in business and continue to provide updates to the free version. No one complains that they offer premium versions, because it's made extremely obvious what the feature differences are and what you get when you pay.

Just get it over with and stop using the word donations.*

*Unless there's a legal reason you're not.

--

Question: How do the HB devs know what's contained in the "advanced" version? Right now you can at least see the thread, the link to SVNs, and any files uploaded. What if someone donates, and then the dev sends them a malicious file?

19. amputations

Randomstraw: Well, if thats what the staff said then it is part of the rules. Why are you so opposed to this? Its not like every routine outside of Singular costs you money, you still have CLU (which is damned good) and a lot of others. Those with paid exclusive versions are still a minority, and theres allways the option to learn to code your own CC (with tutorial-videos provided from Dagradt for example).

Venus: Maybe the staff changes or makes a more clear policy about this some time, time will only tell.

20. randomstraw

there also is a rule saying CCs/Plugins etc have to be open source. (not a a rule, a post by a mod/admin i guess, but some may consider this a "rule")

there are advanced versions, offered (or atleast linked) on the forums, with a closed source (dll)

but it seems allowed, as noone moans about it. and no rules are enforced. too bad.

Its absuable. and it gets abused, thats why i oppose those "_staff sayin'_" .. I have no problem with people selling their stuff, as i stated before.
      But it is forbidden on the forums (or wait, is it not? there are posts by mods stating BOTH!)

its not about winning or losing anything. its about getting this clear, get a clear rule, which leaves no to nearly no room to interpretation, and gets enforced by the mods by punishing and not making us sammiches anymore

:eek:)

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.