• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Guide] Avoiding the BANHAMMER

Discussion in 'Ban Section - Ban Reports' started by mspazz, May 8, 2011.

1. botorific

botorific New Member

Yeah but they came packing "nightsticks"....if ya know what I mean...

2. papatoast

papatoast Member

I thought I might share how I've managed to get my accounts unbanned in the past. Since doing this, I've had no issue ever getting a ban overturned and it's worked for years. Probably wont work for mass-botters, but for those folk who just have one account and play and bot, this is for you.

First step is to make sure the account is registered to you and has accurate contact/address details. This will be quite important, so if you're using a purchased account that "belongs" to someone else, you're SOL.

Now you'll start the process of only ever "anonymously" using the account. Very important is that you always use a *** so your IP and location is changed. Do this when you're playing, and also when you're logging into the website for any reason. You want it to look like the account is being accessed by someone in another country. Yes, you may get an email verification check from time to time, but that's fine. Just make sure you follow the link and verify while using the ***. People's emails get hacked all the time so it wont be questioned - if your account gets hacked then its reasonable to assume your email was hacked (and this is the assumption blizzard always makes).

Don't use any form of payment tied to your name. Use paypal (because you can make a paypal in any name and still use it), or a prepaid credit card. You want to distance the use of the account from yourself as much as possible. You want to make it look like someone else has taken control of it.

Bot like hell, get banned (if you're unlucky).

When you get the ban email, write to blizzard and say something along the lines of "I just got this email saying my account was banned. I unsubscribed from the game X months ago (however long since you changed payment and started using ***). Can you please look into this, as I have a horrible feeling it has been hacked and used without my permission."

They'll check the IP and location the account was accessed from. They'll check payment details. They wont match to what was used when your account was "clean" when you said you unsubscribed. They might ask for copies of ID to show that it is you (although this has only happened once for me). They'll overturn the ban.

3. Sweetangel88

Sweetangel88 New Member

Cause how i read it here in the Ban section. All guys there are banned for botting. Are a litte bit stupid.

Cause 2-5 Accounts to Play with the Same IP btw. with Bot and 24 Hours like 7 days per Week. .... No comment ....

I use the Bot Months, cause the most time the Bot will go LFR for me or Dungeons.

And sometime i use the Bot for Battlegrounds or Questing or in Raid if im to laze to play ^^.

But only with 1 Account btw 1 char. And the bot runs most Only 4-5 Hours per Day.

4. dutamulia

dutamulia New Member

Botting on both US and UK server in one IP is considered completely two separate thing or they are linked in anyway? I mean if you happen to get a mass ban, is it possible to happen on both type server at once?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
    5. dartex008

dartex008 Member

Nope, they're separate in my experience. Different GMs, different ban times always. From my personal exp. at least till now.

6. sniklez

sniklez New Member

Alright so I have a main account i export my materials from botter accounts. Is my main safe? i have been doing most of the transfers through guild bank on multiple toons on my main account. I NEVER bot my main account.

Any input helps.

Thanks!

7. HB5926Y20

HB5926Y20 Member

Probably not safe if you're doing it from the same IP, same computer etc. If they start looking into it they'll find it, but it's better than nothing I guess. :)

8. FaceIt

FaceIt New Member

Can blizzard see if you have ben botting or only when you are botting?

9. DrFeedo

DrFeedo New Member

If you think botting is easy, think again. If you are banned, its only YOUR fault.

10. Nivek18

Nivek18 New Member

Whenever im going to bot on my main acc, i change my ip and then go to wow eu.com and change my password with my new IP so it seems like i have been hacked, then i always login on WoW with the IP i changed the password with. In my early days my account got hacked alot and botted on when i took a break from wow and when i started again it was saying i was banned so i had to tell em i got hacked. they unbanned instantly. when i login to wow i see all my professions full skilled. One time a hacker had put all tbc mounts there is in my bags:)

11. MNC

MNC Banned

Being new to HB (using the 1 session/3day trial), was curious what the odds are of getting banned only using CR's in 1-3 RBG's a evening?

First time "botter". I only use the CR for optimal dps, while still controlling my character and the cc aspect of pvp.

12. dracoe

dracoe Member

I'll give you a secret on how to actually avoid been banned. Make the accounts looks like actual players. Do the things a normal player would do. Do raids, report spammers, visit old content, play 1 hour a week the account, chat with people. If you are not smart enough to make each account unique, you should ask yourself, should I be botting? Enough said.

13. dartex008

dartex008 Member

oh really? and what if a person is running 20-50 bots? this only applies to small botters or those who actually play this game and just bot some when they're not playing themselves.

14. beatnikmeister

beatnikmeister New Member

It's a little bit stupid giving pieces of advice on how not to get banned. Don't you think blizz people are not reading our post here? Who knows if someone here is from blizz? If you got banned its because they just simply caught you. IP address is not a thingy. I've been botting for 2 months straight now like 20 hrs a day and it was my first time yesterday for getting caught. I got a suspension from them for 72 hrs. I'm not using vpn or any kind of stuffs it just that my internet connection is so messed up yesterday that it keeps on getting disconnected from the server that's it. I really appreciate all your advice folks but none of these really works. because I got 5 more accoutns here still botting like 20 hrs a day.

15. Casca

Casca New Member

If you're running a large amount of bots, you're probably doing it full time (unless you're an idiot), and you can afford planning social interaction. Get your Excel sheet out and try giving each bot a bit. Worst case scenario, have bots chatting between themselves and such.

16. fgranqvist

fgranqvist New Member

I got suspended 2 years ago for 72hours (final warning it said).
      I stopped playing a few weeks after that and now im back and wondering how unsafe it is for me to bot?
      Its my main with 300+ days played. Am i able to appeal if i get banned because i've played for so long on this acc and they really dont want to lose me or do they not care about that?

For now i will mostly be by my computer studying if i decide to bot aswell, is that fairly safe or can blizzard detect bots automatically?

Also, the 72 hour ban was the first time i got banned, in other words, i got my final warning as the first warning. is that odd?

17. SwagLord420

SwagLord420 New Member

I am new to botting and was reading about a few things one post was saying that blizzard scans your ram for third party programs is this true? and if so does this bot "Get around that"?

18. wizfor

wizfor Member

it doesnt mention any tin foil hat tactics, i like it

19. vicsteel

vicsteel New Member

I just want to ask something, if u're using HB/GB but u're on ur destkop just doing another thinks, the risk it's 0? i mean, if u're just farming a zone u can reply to whisps, and take a look of whats going on in game.
      I just want to think that, dunno if its really true.

20. Erson

Erson Member Legendary

Need advise guys i was botting on 2 accounts , then somehow they couldnt log in - it said password and email doesnt match, then i tried to log in battle net - password was changed. then i made recovery using Wow key, and changed password to loggin then I found Wow account - banned eror 204. any tips what should i do? Pretty weird I've never seen blizzard changing your password , but i never botted Wow before just started 10 days ago , only Diablo 3 and other games. And i received no email on both accounts

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014