• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Guide] Druid Healing for 4.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by patto92, Oct 27, 2010.

1. patto92

patto92 Community Developer

Thanks Joker :) yeah, Thats exactly what this post was intended for :) I bot.. But in my downtime I raid too ^_^

2. exosion

exosion New Member

If i roll a druid healing, will my mana pool be enough? The mana pool for holy palas sucks!

3. patto92

yeah man, With me having a few Haste gems, I'm still at 49k Raid buffed mana on my druid, which is a lot more then any pally atm :D Also.. thats with my haste at 1018 :D

4. patto92

Druid Healing and Situational Awareness
      The one Important thing you need to know about druid healing is What is the right time to use what spells to counter the incoming raid/tank damage.
      The Spells we have at our disposal at the moment that are worth using are Regrowth, Lifebloom, Rejuvination, Swiftmend, Wildgrowth Tranquility, natures swiftness and Tree of life.

When to use spells, 10/25 man environment:

Regrowth: whenever someone’s else is quite low and needs a quick top up, faster then what a hot would heal for and when swiftmend is on cool down.

Lifebloom: Seeming Lifebloom can only be cast on one target at the moment, Its extremely beneficial to the raid if it is kept up on the tank who’s is taking the most damage at all times. Also Keep it up at all times to Make use of Replenishment for the raid :D

Rejuvination: Keep up on tanks at all times also.. if you can see that any raid member is on low on health, Chuck a rejuve on them to make them a bit safer, even if they are at 90% or so. Rejuvination is also used as what we call a Blanket spell, Ie you can hot up most of your raid with it. In times of aoe damage to the raid it is extremely beneficial to blanket the raid

Swiftmend: Instant heal when someone has a regrowth or rejuve on them. This is a very strong heal and is a very good "OH SHIT" heal to keep someone alive. Also it is best to dump it on the Melee even if they are all mainly full health due to the large aoe circle of healing it puts on the ground called Efflorescence!!

Wild Growth: Keep on raid at all times, every time it’s off cool down, Use it!!!! It’s a very strong aoe hot that will go to people near the person you dump it on.

Traquility: use this in high periods of spike damage or when the whole raid gets a big hit such as on Blood queen in her Bolt whirl air phase or on The Ice boss in VOA when he does his White out move

Natures Swiftness: This is the only move I have macro'd. It is macro'd to Healing touch. These two used together means you get a good "OH SHIT" heal for about 20k when you click it. it will be instant. Is great for when a tank is very low on health :D

Tree of Life: use this when ever the raid or tanks start to get hit hard.. Instant regrowths and Wild growths that hit 8 targets.. are just Over powered. You hit this button and you can take a whole 25 man raid from Very low dire health to full in under 10 seconds!!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
    5. patto92

1.6 Enchants, Gemming and Reforging

Enchants
      Head - 30sp, 20crit rating - Kirin Tor Revered
      Shoulders - 24sp, 15crit rating - Sons of Hodir Exalted
      Back - 23+ Haste Rating (or Lightweave Embroidery if you are a Tailor)
      Chest - 10+ All Stats
      Wrists - 30+ sp (or 76+ sp if you are a Leatherworker, or an extra socket if you are a Blacksmith)
      Gloves - 28+ sp (or 340 Haste Rating if you are an Engineer, or an extra socket if you are a Blacksmith)
      Belt - Eternal Belt Buckle (+ Gem of your choice)
      Legs - 50+ sp, 20+ spirit or 50+ sp, 30+ stam (if you are struggling on high raid damage fights)
      Boots - 15+ Stam and Increased Run Speed

Gemming:
      With 4.0.1, Spell power gems are now Intellect gems. Intellect gems are now red. All your red sockets should have straight Runed Cardinal Rubies, which are 20+ Int gems. Also with our new Haste cap so high. If you are close to it after reforging you can use quick kings ambers to hit the haste cap.

All your yellow sockets can have either Runed Cardinal Rubies, or Reckless Ametrines. (10+ Int, 10+ Haste.)

All your Blue sockets should be taken up with either a Runed Cardinal Ruby or Reckless Amatrine or Quick Kings amber

Your meta gem should be a Ember Skyflare Diamond. (21+ Intellect and 2% Increased Mana).

Reforging

You have two options when it comes to reforging. You can take Crit or spirit and turn it into Haste or Mastery.
      If you are having mana issues, Reforge the crit to Haste/mastery.
      If you are not having mana issues, Reforge the Spirit to Haste/mastery.
      Reforge everything to Haste.. Unless there is already haste on the gear or you are at the 1016 Cap, after that. Reforge to mastery. :D

Addons and UI

The Main healing addon I use is called Vuhdoo. It's like healbot, but heaps more customizable.
      I use Recount with Absorbs turned on for Keeping track of heals
      Parrot for Scrolling combat Text
      Ice HUD For my Health/mana Targets. Ect.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
    6. patto92

Bump Due to Update

7. Wench

Wench New Member

I figured I would submit my UI as well to show some of the diffrences. I'm kind of proud of it.

WoWScrnShot_102910_032723.jpg

Grid
      I use Grid for my raid frames as I find it to show the most information with the least clutter.
      This is the bar in the lower right corner.
      Info tracked: Low mana, Class, Health, Rejuvination, Wild Growth, Lifebloom, Regrowth, Name, Curse Debuffs, Magic Debuffs, Poison Debuffs, and Offline.

Pitbull
      I use this for target frames and for my own unit frame.

Quarts
      This is a cast time mod that allows you to track your lag so you can start casting your next spell before the server registers your previous spell as fully cast. Helpful for regrowth and Healing touch.

Class Timer
      This mod tracks your cooldown. Very important at the moment when trying to transition into the new cooldown for Wild growth.

Recount
      A useful mod for seeing if your current techniques or gear changes are increasing or decreasing your HPS. I also use it to track dps and help if the are falling lower then they should be.

DBM
      Tracks boss special abilities.

Omen
      Addon that watches your threat. I have mine set to only show in combat. With the changes to thorns I've actualy had to pay attention to this in early stages of the fight or during aggro resets.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
    8. Wench

Wench New Member

I think a word should be said about leather versus cloth.
      You get a bonus (+5% Int if I remember right) for wearing all leather. This bonus is far better then the better caster stats you usualy find on cloth gear.
      Of course if you have 3 or more peices of cloth that are all better then your current leather you may want to switch.
      This does make it extremly difficult to find good bracers the only decent leather bracers being from ToC and RS.