Demonbuddy for Season 16 released, updates.buddyauth.com !
  • Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Demonbuddy

[Guide] How to Clone Git Repositories

Discussion in 'Demonbuddy Guides' started by Gardettos, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Gardettos

Gardettos New Member

Seen a lot of people asking this question on how to download files off a git repository like where rrrix puts the newest Trinity versions. This guide is based around the idea you are using Windows also. Will try to keep it as simple as possible.

1) Download a Git client. I am going to use Git GUI v1.8.2 in this example

2) Once installed find a git you wish to clone(copy). Going to use rrrix's Trinity in this guide.

3) You want to open up Git Gui next. You can open it under your start menu or simply load up windows explorer. Right click and select Git Gui.

Git1.jpg

4) Click Clone Existing Repository

Git2.png

5) Should be 2 open field boxes. Source Location and Target Directory. Source location is the git's address ie git://git.assembla.com/unifiedtrinity.git . The target directory is simply where you want to put the files at. The folder should not already exist. Git will make a new folder for you

Git3.png

6) Simply press the clone button once you filled in the boxes. Something like this should pop up. Just wait a few minutes while it is downloading the git folder.

Git4.jpg

7) Once it is done this should appear. You can now close out git. Check back to the directory you designated and your files will be downloaded there.

Git5.jpg

8) Now this will download the entire folder so in the case of Trinity open up the new folder. Inside the Source folder should be the latest Trinity.

Hope this little guide helps people having issues with git. I tend to just clone new versions of plugins instead of just updating them. Just in case something goes wrong in the newest update I still have a backup.

Tien Le likes this.
  2. rrrix

rrrix DEVELOPER Buddy Core Dev

This a great guide for people who want the 'beta' versions of Trinity - which is always on git! You can also signup for an Assembla account if you want email notifications of anytime I make changes to Trinity.

3. Physcosis

Physcosis Member

This is great thanks!

4. Tien Le

Tien Le New Member

Thank you for this! At this time, I need help resolving "Location xxx already exists." Why is this? Thanks in advance for your help.