• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [GUIDE] How to setup dedicated server / vps with WoW & HB & best performance

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by sapcecake, Nov 27, 2014.

1. sapcecake

sapcecake Member

So yeah more then 5 users asked for this and I hope this is a help for someone of you.
      I got multiple requests over PM even users who offered me money for this, here you go for free!

Lets start!
      Why would I bot with a server?
      This is a good question. First reason for this is , you don't have to pay for electricity or damage your computer parts when running 24/7.
      Second reason is , you can always control the doing. Its also possible with your home computer but that's what server are for :).
      Another reason is, when your setup is not powerful enough to run multiple instances of WoW & HB or you dont want to buy a computer with Windows or install Windows on your Mac as a virtual OS you can do it with a server.

What are important things I have to watch out for when buying a server / vps?
      The most important thing is that your site has to have Windows as an install-able distribution.
      For this topic I will use soyoustart.com , their prices are almost the best available on the net and they have all you need!
      You need to register and have one post to see spoilers! as you can see they have windows
      You need to register and have one post to see spoilers! kimsufi.com , a sister site of ovh / soyoustart says they have 60 OS's but no windows (they have but you cant install it)
      Next important part is to look at the specs of the server , it should have at least this components:
      You need to register and have one post to see spoilers! All servers from soyoustart have it. So don't be afraid. Servers by them self does not come with graphic cards, but new servers with new processors have Intel Graphic.
      There are server with graphic cards but they cost 80$+.

When your site do have Windows distribution and the required specs go on.

Install Windows Server on Soyoustart gameservers:
      By default you can not install Windows server 2008+ on their servers, you have to add a Windows license.
      Follow this steps to enable it.
      You need to register and have one post to see spoilers! You can enter any license key or google for some public MAK windows keys.
      Then install Windows Server 2008 Standard x64.
      Wait for the installer. When its done , login into your server. Download .Net Framework 4.5.2 + C++ VS 2008 until C++ VS 2013
      For the graphic look here and install the right driver:
      https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=&ProductID=3319&ProdId=3319

After that reboot your server.
      When its online again go to Server manager, choose Features on the right side (sorry dont have pics anymore , mine is already on Windows Sever 2012 R2).
      Add new feature choose Net Framework 3.5 and Desktop Experience . Install and reboot again.
      Wait for it to get back online , install all available updates.

From here on your can either stay with Windows Server 2008 or upgrade to 2012 or 2012 R2.
      2008 = 5 fps
      2012 = 19 fps
      2012 R2 = 30 fps

Download battle.net , install wow and have fun.

How to upgrade to Windows Server 20xx:
      Download Windows Server 20xx iso from the net , and grab a valid license key (can all be found on the web).
      Run the Installer exe You need to register and have one post to see spoilers! When it ask you how you want it to be done , choose "Upgrade System".
      Now wait ~25min , the server will reboot and when its back again you will have a nice machine running.

Another way to increase FPS is You need to register and have one post to see spoilers!
      PS: English is not my native language and its 00:30 am as of writing sorry for any typos and misunderstadings
      I started with a good mood but in the middle i lost it , because of that much writing :( and some clients going on my nerves(in my own forum )

the result is much better then this crapy 5 fps with 2008
      [​IMG]

PS1:
      I am using the server not only for WoW , it's used for uploading series on streamcloud. They pay me 50$ every 3 week , but i don't have to tell you how to make money , this is a game forum not how to get rich.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
      thatwouldbestealing likes this.
    2. MaxMuster

MaxMuster Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

And how many WoW + HB instances can be run on such a System?

3. slysiggle

slysiggle New Member

Are soyoustart's game servers really 9.99 EUR (~12 USD) per two weeks?

There are about 4 weeks in a month, so 4*12 = $48 per month to run the server. That's not cheap.

4. sapcecake

sapcecake Member

the 9,99€ x 4 maybe more but less fps

i had SYS-IP-1 before and was running 3 bots with 15 fps each but 70% cpu

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    5. sapcecake

sapcecake Member

why 4 * 12? 2 * 12 . and if you know how and what to do with mats / gold you can talk about ~0€ / even +x€ after 1 month boting

6. sapcecake

sapcecake Member

VERY IMPORTANT !! I AM NOT SAYING THAT YOU WILL MAKE PROFIT OUT OF THIS !!!!
      so do it on your own risk and i mean a server with 1 gbit can be used for other things :D
      like use programs that are forbidden in your country like torrent
      [​IMG]

7. Bhikkus

Bhikkus Member

Well they offer a gaming Server for 12 euro (2 weeks) also 24 euro /months. Sounds awesome, since its an i5 4670k - also should easily run +10 bots with 16GB.

The average goldsellprice is about 75-80e(ebay), if you sell it to chinese its about 30-40e.

Mhhh i can have +0 Euro win @1. week of boting with just one bot. Well gonna try this out, thank you very much ;-)

8. sapcecake

sapcecake Member

yes when thinking about it you can do it , but some Russian guys here don't want you to profit and kill everybody's idea from the beginning like "gold prices are 0.15$/1k" they really are but who buy from them nobody :D made in China is better ahah

9. Akurias

Akurias New Member

Thanks alot for your information. I will give this a shot.

10. facedark

facedark New Member

so you can run 10 bots per €24/month?

11. sapcecake

sapcecake Member

Do it fast this 9.99 will end on 31.11.2014 they are running a beta test to know how many users would need this server , after that its price is like 45€ but when doing / selling enough it's a non lose / profit situation
      I by my self bought 30k gold for 35€ on eBay before started with boting and I already have 200k in total on my accounts

12. sapcecake

sapcecake Member

Have not tried it with 10 but when you can reduce the usage of graphics then it's possible . Before that I was running 2 instances with 5 fps , had many lags but it was farming

13. namednoob

namednoob Community Developer

Keep in mind that overselling the services will also affect your VPS and if too many users start doing the same thing guess what happens? ;)

14. sapcecake

sapcecake Member

Are you talking about my resources(it's a private server no shared recourses) or the economic of wow (that's already broken because of WoD)? Wanted to say I get your point but there are many

15. namednoob

If you think that you need to read more on how VPS nodes work :)

Also don't forget that the integrated video also consumes CPU.

16. Casca

Casca New Member

These aren't VPS or any sort of virtualized resource pools but actual root servers.

17. namednoob

That's a different story, but from what was said in early posts it was a virtualization, if its not those price are indeed insane, cheapest I know of with a 2600K would go for 50 bucks on a 100mbps

18. sapcecake

sapcecake Member

That's a really good question , I am asking it myself for about 1 year (had many servers from them). When you look at ovh.com you can buy a cloud server with 32 cores and even more. But I really think it's not virtualizated . Well soon you will have to pay 45€ / 60$ for it

Edit 1:
      Even online.net offer servers within the same price range , but you can't add your own windows license

Edit 2:
      They say you get 250 mbit but when it's empty you can hit 900 mbit with it

19. creedence

creedence New Member

How do you handle remote desktop with graphic?
      When i try to access my pc remotely even in LOCAL NETWORK its like a graphic nightmare

Teamviewer?

20. Abyssion

Abyssion New Member

Whats the difference between this and buying a second computer with a i5/i7?