Buy EpicCarFactory
  • Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Exilebuddy
  • Visit Buddystore

[Guide] Installing and Setting up Advanced Item Filter (including Chaos Recipe)

Discussion in 'Exilebuddy Support' started by tigerheart, May 5, 2017.

1. tigerheart

tigerheart Member

Hi i am not claiming the ownership of this thread all credits goes to WiN the original owner of this work i am just trying to make things easier in the search engine you can find the original reply Here

Guide to Installing and Setting up Advanced Item Filter (including Chaos Recipe)

Guide to Installing and Setting up Advanced Item Filter (including Chaos Recipe)

This is my little contribution to the world of POE botting - a quick guide to setting up the awesome AdvancedItemFilter plugin maintained by tNyx (shameless top of the post plug here - making decent chaos from this plugin? consider donating to him to keep developing this plugin here) and contributed to by many others. I hope this helps some people! Please read it carefully before asking questions :)

You MUST disable Item Filter or Advanced Item Filter will NOT work. AIF works with Extensions (Mapbot & Questbot) - set the same tabs in Extensions and AIF. Don't use the Advanced Item Filter while leveling it will store all of your Scrolls in your stash which is pretty awkward. This guide is primarily for people using OldGrindBot but will work for Mapbot also (not QuestBot).

INSTALLING ADVANCED ITEM FILTER

1. Download the super amazing awesome QOL changing plugin from the first page of this post - Thanks tNyx - luv u (no homo)!
    2. Download the CommunityLib plugin from HERE - Thanks tNyx & Torm - luv u (still no homo)!
    3. In File Manager/Folder Manager you should Cut/Paste the 2 .zip files into your bots 3rdParty folder (do NOT unzip or otherwise alter the files)
      [​IMG]
    4. Start or Restart the bot
    5. Enable Advanced Item Filter and CommunityLib by clicking on each in the list and then ticking the Enabled button.
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    6. Now you need some rules for your Advanced Item Filter - so go HERE and browse to some of the latest posts and look for one with some updated rules (this current post also has some filters posted, so check it also).

[​IMG]
    7. For demonstration purposes we are going to use a highend filter from Dec 2016 - so RIGHT CLICK This link and pick SAVE LINK AS then change the drop down to be ANY FILES and name the file: highend.json
    8. The file extension MUST be .json - if your browser changes it to highend.json.txt or something then you MUST rename it just highend.json or it wont show up in the list to load the Item Filter in step 12 below!
    9. In ExileBuddy, click on AdvancedItemFilter in the left menu and then pick Custom Rules from the top menu.

[​IMG]
    10. Tick the box that says Enable Custom Rules (advanced users only)
    11. Press the down arrow beside the word RULES and a new section will appear

[​IMG]
    12. At the bottom of the section is the LOAD button - click it and browse to where you saved the .json Item Filter file earlier. Select it and LOAD.
    13. If all has gone well, you can now see your rules by selecting "Pickup" from the drop down menu

[​IMG]
    14. Congrats! You now have a working Advanced Item Filter - it will pick up a lot of stuff - read on for NEXT LEVEL Item Filtering

Setting up the Advanced Item Filter for the Chaos/Regal Recipe

To make the bot do the Chaos recipe for you (I assume you know the items needed - if not go back to the Google school of POE) you need to add 1 rule and ideally dedicate a stash tab to just the recipe items. It will only work for UNIDENTIFIED rares - 2c/2r only, NOT 1c/1r.

1. Click on Advanced Item Filter again in the left menu and go to the Custom Rules Tab - see above if you have forgotten how to do it already.
    2. Click the down arrow beside CREATE RULES and a new section will appear

[​IMG]
    3. From the top drop down menu underneath "select a rule type" select Pickup

[​IMG]
    4. Paste the following into the text box underneath OUTPUT: item.IsNeededForRecipe
    5. Click SAVE RULE
    6. Double check your new rule is added by scrolling down through your list under RULES (select the Pickup option from the drop down menu) to the bottom and looking for the new rule

[​IMG]
    7. Next we want to enable the chaos recipe - so click Recipes from the top menu

[​IMG]
    8. Click the down arrow beside Enabling
    9. Tick the box that says Enable Gear Recipe
    10. Adjust the sliders to the item level you want the gear recipe to be applied to. The settings in the image are from ilevel 60 to 100. You can lower the slider from 60 to 50 and it will do the Chance recipe. You can lower the Max slider from 100 to 80 if you want the bot to NOT use item level 81+ items in the recipe.
    11. We need to tell the bot how many of each item it should store - so that we can be super efficient - click the down arrow beside AMOUNT OF PIECES TO KEEP

[​IMG]
    12. The default settings are fine, but I double all of mine and max out rings and amulets because they are only 1 slot each - following my setup you might run out of space in your stash if you get an unusually large number of belts/rings/amulets (unless you are running quad stash QOL of course)
    13. Now we want to make sure that the recipe items are stored to a specific tab - so in the top menu pick Stashing

[​IMG]
    14. If you are rich and have a CurrencyTab, then tick the box
    15. Next pick Recipe Item from the drop down menu
    16. Type the name of your stash into the text box to the right (mine is called c)
    17. Now you must get CommunityLib to interact with/recognise the recipe tab - so click CommunityLib from the left menu

[​IMG]
    18. Under the TAB NAMES TO CACHE, click into the textarea and type in the name of your recipe tab i.e. c and add any other tabs that you have defined in your AIF rules - 1 per line.

[​IMG]
    19. That is it - JOB DONE - welcome to the world of POE botting riches!
    20. If you use Advanced Item Filter and love it - then consider donating a Coke and a smile to the creators and maintainers of AIF!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Leave the first 2 or 3 tabs empty as unassigned (i.e. you didnt map/set anything to them) and make sure they are regular tabs or quad tabs NOT currency/div/essence - this way the bot will put anything you ask it to keep, but dont have a specific rule for, in these tabs.

The bot picks up too many rares - I want 2 minute map clears like Replicate, I hear you cry!!

For those who are only interested in chaos recipe items, you can untick the Rare items in the Item Filter Pickup Rules and it will only pickup items which are missing from your Chaos recipe:

[​IMG]

Hisp likes this.
  2. kuskner

kuskner Member

I get this error when I try to run AdvancedItemFilter. Any thing u can help with?

Cannot load [AdvancedItemFilter] because an exception occurred [C:\Users\Jacob\Desktop\eb 2\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\Default\AdvancedItemFilter\Content-569963240\AdvancedItemFilterGUI.xaml.cs(7,33) : error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Provider' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Windows.Automation' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    ].
    System.Exception: C:\Users\Jacob\Desktop\eb 2\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\Default\AdvancedItemFilter\Content-569963240\AdvancedItemFilterGUI.xaml.cs(7,33) : error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Provider' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Windows.Automation' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

at Loki.Bot.ThirdPartyLoader.‌‬‌‭‮‏‎‌‭‪‌‭‌‌‍‎‌‬‮‌‫‬‍‬‪‮(Dictionary`2 , String )

3. tigerheart

tigerheart Member

yup re download exilebuddy and after you download it right click it then check on unblock this zip file then extract it same goes to all plugins and routines before extract unblock them and tell me what is the results.

4. kuskner

kuskner Member

I re downloaded EB from here, the release one (NOT BETA) https://www.thebuddyforum.com/threads/exilebuddy-beta-release-thread-2-4-0.269703/

Extracted all into a new folder on my desktop.

Then i re downloaded CommunityLib from https://www.thebuddyforum.com/threads/plugin-communitylib.244293/
    Then i re downloaded AdvancedItemFilter (Reloaded) from https://www.thebuddyforum.com/threads/plugin-advanceditemfilter-reloaded.214340/

put both into C:\Users\ZZZZZ\Desktop\EB 3\3rdParty (just the zip files, did NOT extract anything)

Then i right clicked them, went into properties, and checked the unblock.

Then I ran EB and I got 2 logs. And it did not work :(

Attached Files:

5. tigerheart

tigerheart Member

6. kuskner

kuskner Member

its the same version. Exilebuddy 0.2.4984.275.zip

I dont get it. CommunityLib 0.0.0.6 works but a lot of other plugins fail

the following plugins fail to load:
    \DevTab
    \AdvancedItemFilter
    \Overlay
    \PythonExample

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  7. tigerheart

tigerheart Member

either you didn't unblock all correctly or you have something blocking it try to remove itemfilter completely and check after that i fixed your problem which i has it before with unblocking all and start fresh downloads.

8. kuskner

kuskner Member

I removed ItemFilter and it works now. THanks
    Edit. only worked ones. I've made a post looking for help so I dont spam yours.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  9. tigerheart

tigerheart Member

everything fine with you now i guess?

10. kuskner

kuskner Member

yeah all is great :) THanks

11. multiray

multiray New Member

hey can u help me with this plz

Tick] Exception #106 during execution:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at AdvancedItemFilter.MyItemEvaluator.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<Match>b__1(TriggerablePickupEntry e) in D:\Path Of Exile\exxxxxxxxxilebuddy\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\Default\AdvancedItemFilter\Content-156827134\MyItemEvaluator.cs:line 81
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
    at AdvancedItemFilter.MyItemEvaluator.Match(Item item, EvaluationType type, IItemFilter& filter) in D:\Path Of Exile\exxxxxxxxxilebuddy\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\Default\AdvancedItemFilter\Content-156827134\MyItemEvaluator.cs:line 81
    at Loki.Bot.ItemEvaluator.Match(Item item, EvaluationType type, IItemFilter& filter)
    at OldGrindBot.AreaStateCache.OnTick() in D:\Path Of Exile\exxxxxxxxxilebuddy\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\Default\OldGrindBot\Content-156827867\v3.cs:line 722
    at OldGrindBot.AreaStateCache.Tick() in D:\Path Of Exile\exxxxxxxxxilebuddy\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\Default\OldGrindBot\Content-156827867\v3.cs:line 582
    at OldGrindBot.OldGrindBot.Tick() in D:\Path Of Exile\exxxxxxxxxilebuddy\3rdParty\_CONFIGS_\Default\OldGrindBot\Content-156827867\BasicGrindBot.cs:line 362
    at Loki.Bot.BotManager.‭‫‮‌‫‮‮‌‪‭‪‌‏‍‭‏‪‮‌‫‬‭‮‭‎‮(IBot )

12. tigerheart

tigerheart Member

use the latest version of all fresh download of the bot will fix that and use community lib it is not there from what i see because you paste partly report ( just download the installer and install the bot normally better)

13. avgjoe

avgjoe Member

I just recently reinstalled eb and all my plugins, reconfigured manually instead of copying over settings files. The problem I'm having is on the "Stashing" tab. I list "Scroll of Wisdom" and "Portal Scroll" to keep 1 stack and when I check the box "Keep things in inventory," it doesn't save it. I'm sure I just overlooked something, but has anyone else ever run into this before I start reinstalling things?

14. steve1603

steve1603 Member

I keep getting this error no mater what i try.

[Interact] "Stash" has been successfully interacted.
    [OpenStashTab] Now switching to tab " 4".
    [OpenStashTab] Fail to switch to tab " 4". Error "TabNotFound".
    [CheckForRecipeItemsTask] Failed to open 4, retrying... (1/3)

can someone help please.

15. toNyx

toNyx Well-Known Member

There's a space in your tab name

16. kpjensen

kpjensen New Member

Hi,
    I have a problem with the Advanceditemfilter.
    I am using a fresh installed exilebuddy beta (the same as my buddy)
    When i wanna load a json fil that my friend send me and is using, i am getting a wall of read text and nothing is loaded. The error message is as follow.(and alot more)

[Application_DispatcherUnhandledException] Unhandled exceptionNewtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Cannot deserialize the current JSON object (e.g. {"name":"value"}) into type 'System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1[AdvancedItemFilter.Classes.CustomRule]' because the type requires a JSON array (e.g. [1,2,3]) to deserialize correctly.
    To fix this error either change the JSON to a JSON array (e.g. [1,2,3]) or change the deserialized type so that it is a normal .NET type (e.g. not a primitive type like integer, not a collection type like an array or List<T>) that can be deserialized from a JSON object. JsonObjectAttribute can also be added to the type to force it to deserialize from a JSON object.

17. avgjoe

avgjoe Member

can you post the json you're trying to import. Sounds like a list member is missing rather than a punctuation, seems like it says explicitly where the punctuation and what it is missing. If you don't want to post the file just look for a missing {} or , or even ""

18. kpjensen

kpjensen New Member

Sure i can upload it here.

Attached Files:

19. avgjoe

avgjoe Member

Simple fix. You needed an opening and closing bracket at the beginning and end.
    for example.
    Code:
    [
       {
        "Comment": "poe.ninja chaosvalue in Abyss: 5187,5",
        "Enabled": true,
        "Type": 2,
        "Rule": "item.IsUnique and item.FullName == \"Headhunter\"",
        "ShouldLog": false,
        "Priority": 1
       }
    ]
    Be advised that you do not have any Pickup and Id rules. So the keep rules will be useless without such. If you need help with those just reply. Good luck.

Attached Files:

20. kpjensen

kpjensen New Member

Thanks, now i can load the pickit but, it dont show any custom rules after loading the json file. the bot can run, but it wont pickup anything