• Visit Honorbuddy
  • Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Demonbuddy
  • Visit Exilebuddy
  • Visit Hearthbuddy
  • Visit Pokefarmer
  • Visit Buddystore

[Guide/Setup] 4-man party setup for S11

Discussion in 'Demonbuddy Guides' started by Tempest, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Tempest

Tempest Member

I vaguely remember there was a moment in the past this was bugged for a day or two. It's been long since fixed. Are you sure you are using 1.5 Plugins? If not, take at least
    NecromancerT4mSettings.xaml from 1.5 and overwrite yours.

2. Hyuks

Hyuks Member

will do, i was 100% sure i had 1.5 plugins, maybe i've forgot to change my necros folders. but anw since i'm back to 3man team with my 4th key expired, i'll use again Jesseth + Endless walk sets. Too squishy with HV even with zmonk & barb toughness buffs :(

3. mullerhun

mullerhun Member

Why can't they pick it up in town, is that true?

If bots would enter a portal ingame and then throw them to the ground, would that fix it? I have no idea of coding btw :D

I though they share the loot somehow, so 3x more items to have luck with...

4. destroyer57

destroyer57 Member

Because trinty is bugged, It's something that does not work well, confirmed by @Phelon (you can see it here: https://www.thebuddyforum.com/threads/bot-doesnt-pick-up-items-in-town.407408/). It's said that this happens with the necro...

5. mullerhun

mullerhun Member

6. destroyer57

destroyer57 Member

Well, I found a way to solve the problem of leader not picking items in town. There's another guide/setup 4 man party in the forum. It's by Phelon (here: https://www.thebuddyforum.com/threads/phelons-playground-4-man-botting-routine.403317/). It's modified trinity does solve this problem. What I've done is download its zip archive. Inside that there is a trinity folder. Unzip that one and overwrite the one in your db/plugins folder. WIth that, I've tested and it works ok. I do NOT overwrite autofollow, cause Tempest's one is working simply amazing, and also I continue using Tempest's modified routines.

@Tempest, can you try to see why Phelon's modified trinity is working ok with leader picking items in town and integrate in your modified trinity? Thanks!

EDIT: Something strange happens with that option... When the rift is finished, all 4 bots take a lot of time to pick up items dropped. Even once, my zbarb went back to town not picking items...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017 at 3:44 AM
    mullerhun likes this.
  7. Tempest

Tempest Member

I have taken a look on Phelon's git repository some time ago and he was implementing some useful fixes in Trinity and his combat routines. I remember the town pickup of items was one of them. His modifications are being very slowly, too slowly, (some of them are in Trinity 420+) merged into the main Trinity SVN. His repository even contains some backtracking fixes, not sure how successful. I will take a look on the town items pickup and attempt to bring it into this suite.

8. destroyer57

destroyer57 Member

Yes, I tried to update trinity in your suite with the one in SVN (version 426 at this moment) but the pick item in town problem still persists. So there must be some fix in Phelon's 4 man team suite setup that has not been integrated in trinity yet.

If you can do that, bring it to your suite, it would be great. Your suite works a lot better than Phelon's. After some more little tweaks to my team setup, and with 2500+ paragon level, I'm doing 100s grifts with 99% success and also I achieved some 105s.

Great work Tempest! Is there any option to donate?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017 at 11:41 AM
    mullerhun likes this.
  9. dqtsf

dqtsf Member

Yeah man, wanna buy you some coffee for your amazing work.

mullerhun likes this.
  10. Tempest

Tempest Member

Yay guys, thank you for the offer but I am doing it mostly for myself, hehe :). Seriously, people's attempts to try different builds, figuring out optimal setups and optimal routine's behavior is reward enough for me. I alone would not find all the nifty modifications proposed in this thread.

11. destroyer57

destroyer57 Member

Thanks Tempest!! Can't wait to play next season with your setup XD

12. Flying477

Flying477 New Member

Tempest are you planning on releasing a setup for S12 again?

13. Tempest

Tempest Member

Hey guys,
    I could not bring Phelon's town-pickup fixes to work. I maybe do not see the intended logic to transfer the items. Nonetheless, I looked into Trinity and made 2 quite simple code alterations that prevented Trinity to pickup foreign items. Really just one, the other was to ignore the non-tradeable drops, if they happen. I now seem to be able to transfer loot from any character in the party to any other one by checking/unchecking 2 checkboxes under Items section of Trinity settings: "Drop in Town" and "Don't Pickup Items in Town". The items pickup happens at the end of the Town Run and I did not check how does it work if you overload one character with all the drops from the other. This may result in an additional Town Run before the final rift's items pickup. The 1.5 Plugins contain the updated version now. Let me know how it works in your case.

PS: I will try to work on the S12 setup as well.

mullerhun likes this.
  14. destroyer57

destroyer57 Member

Thanks again tempest! It works really well! Yes, the item pickup happens at the end of the Town Run and so, it can happens that the leader starts a grift before the follower can pick up items, but that's not a very big problem in my opinion. At least now it's picking items. Also, for me there's no problem to overload the character that picks up items. My itemlist is quite strict, and also I only have the "drop items in town" with the stas option, so there are few items that meet the criteria.

Again, thanks Tempest. Hope you can work on the S12 setup. If you need any help, please tell me.

15. dqtsf

dqtsf Member

Thanks Tempest, work like a charm. Item list doesn't work properly atm, still keeps lower quality items. I have to empty as many stash as I can so it won't encounter full stash overnight.

16. dqtsf

dqtsf Member

@Tempest For some reasons my necro (or the one who picks up item in town) is doing town run very slow and usually starts rift in mid way. Is there anyway to delay monk starting rift 30-45s to make sure necro finish town run? Thanks

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017 at 9:52 AM
  17. Tempest

Tempest Member

Hrm, I would prefer not to do such a fix as it decreases exps/hour and also it will involve modification of Adventurer part that I try to keep untouched. I admit party town runs are not perfect, they do not kick in for some members, sometimes they kick in at the moment leader finishes it's own town run, sometimes leader does not wait for followers' town runs. However, all the toons should do it with roughly same speed as they all do same actions. Question is, why your necro is so slow? Do you feed him with all the legendaries so he has to clear the inventory twice per town run? Items pickup should be quick.

18. destroyer57

destroyer57 Member

For me it's working pretty well. It's true that sometimes, leader (monk) does not wait for followers' town runs. The "problem" with that are two:

- Followers cannot finsih their town run and so it can happens that inventory is full of items. For example, leader salvages all items and opens a new rift, but some followers are spending shards and get the inventory full of items.

- Follower cannot finish his town run and so, he cannot pickup legendaries dropped by the rest of the party. If that happens, when the new rift is finished, the follower picks up the items.

So if Tempest, you think it's a bad idea to modificate adventurer, I think that it's a lot better to leave it the way it's working now. It's not perfect, but works really well.

19. Tempest

Tempest Member

Yea, what I could do is to find out why the leader is not always waiting for followers' town runs. That might solve the issue. Might take a few days.

mullerhun likes this.
  20. dqtsf

dqtsf Member

By "slow" I meant it's slow compared to the leader. The leader always do vendor first and now he doesn't stash item, just dropping it on the ground while follower need time to pick up item and stash it hence needs more time. What I've seen is follower doesn't have enough time to spend all its blood shard, it will accumulate over time and reach cap.

After 10 runs or more it won't be able to pick up item because it so busy to spend all those accumulated shards. My item list is very strict and I only get items from barb and monk since my necro has almost everything I need.

It's not big deal anyway because I still get something after all. You have been very helpful and I couldn't thank you enough. New patch is coming and I think new DB will coming soon too.