• Visit Honorbuddy
  • Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Demonbuddy
  • Visit Exilebuddy
  • Visit Hearthbuddy
  • Visit Pokefarmer
  • Visit Buddystore

[Guide/Setup] 4-man party setup for S11

Discussion in 'Demonbuddy Guides' started by Tempest, Aug 19, 2017.

1. dqtsf

dqtsf Member

For those who ask for D3planner:

Please find znecro and zwiz in previous page

zbarb is the same as page 1

The main dps is a little different so I post here https://www.d3planner.com/872732483

If you use Haunt Vision, you have to focus on CDR. You can use travel set, perfectly fine (I'm using it). Any off hand is ok as long as you have cc, 15% skeletal mage and cdr(vision)/ 20%AD(travel).

My sheet dps on dam dealer is 5.4m (off-hand boost your sheet dps about 25% because of the damage range)

@Hyuks : I don't know why it doesn't work for you but zbarb and 2 rathma is definitely my top comp for 3 man group. I've been run that comp on 95-99 for weeks before switch to 4 man toon.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  2. FEDEZ

FEDEZ Member

i dont know why but work only for barb and Necro ( no work for monk and wd ).

3. pimpampum

pimpampum Member

Well, afaik, that's not how multiplicative /additive damage goes. This is the post I use to check skills : https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/18710646678

1st, in a zmonk / zbarb group Strong Arms is already there; you can't count it on a third support. Buff is already there, so it shouldn't be considered in what the wizard brings to the table.

2nd, All the other wizard damage buffs except conflagrate are additive to all other sources of additive damage that all the other party members bring. In example: exploding palm, monk's unity passive, barb's falter, rend's 10%, and plenty more. Which in the end means that the wizard does not bring 68% damage to the table as you considered, but a much lower effective damage increase.(The other sources of additive damage in the party probably account for 150+ already) Like 40%, considering the AS increase from the bubble, seems more realistic.

All in all, even horizon is valuable for that level of greater rift where affixes start killing your team. (103+ in my case)

I'm using the Chinese support routine with the logical variations ( I fail to understand why it doesn't include frost nova's bone chill ...which is an automatic cast with arlyse) and it still doesn't use the fire skill to proc conflagrate. Also, it seems to use Black Hole not instantly, which is an issue sometimes with harder affixes.

Actually, for me, using DMO routine does better - insta Bubble and Black Holes cast. Sadly, does not use fire skill either.

4. Hyuks

Hyuks Member

I don't know what i'm missing. maybe paragons, better stats on gear... my main nec is farming 94 solo with 5-8min left, and 95 all depending on what rift monsters he has to deal with.

Have fun watching this video of what i have to deal with 95% of the time when i alt-tab to D3 from an other game https://streamable.com/xo2bd .
    Last thing appearing on DB
    for nec bottom left :
    Code:
    [Trinity 2.6.420] [Avoidance]  Created new Avoidance from x1_MonsterAffix_Thunderstorm_Impact-4700 RActorId=-2003369930 (Thunderstorm, Immune: False)
    Stopping the bot.
    for necro bottom right :
    Code:
    [Trinity 2.6.420] [Avoidance]  Created new Avoidance from monsterAffix_Plagued_endCloud-11038 RActorId=-1592328019 (Plagued, Immune: False)
    Fact : i'm done, back to solo bot till season 12 :D

5. ZDL

ZDL New Member

Hyuks I had a weird issue with avoidances like this when my leader had avoidances enabled. I turned off all the avoidances on my leader and it stopped showing weird avoidances on my followers. Maybe that will help you.

6. Hyuks

Hyuks Member

I've disabled all avoidances on my barb since he never dies

7. dqtsf

dqtsf Member

1. Strong arm does stack

(source: )

2. Basically, damage buff/debuff in the same category will add to each other and multiply with other category. Lets assume other additive damage in the party is 150% (2.5x multiplier). Now adding 90% from wizard is 240% (3.4x) and that's 36% damage increase. The number is not impressive but that the same for the other 2 members (barb, monk) if we add them to the party with their additive damage. Again, the benefits of a supporter are not only damage buff/debuff but also are their jobs in the party.

pimpampum likes this.
  8. dqtsf

dqtsf Member

Just a noob question. How can I modify cs routine file (like add some lines in wizard support to cast particular skill) and save it? I have zero knowledge about C#.

I see every cs file has a xaml comes with it. When I edit a cs file, do I need to modify anything in xaml file?

Thanks

9. drizzle206

drizzle206 Active Member

dq...writing or even modifying the skills in routines would require some knowledge about c# at the very least...it's about calling functions and when to use them or defining new terms to add to functions already created...even the coding styles of each of routine can differ greatly from another...which is why i admire these guys who take the time and effort in making something for the community to utilize...the xaml file appears to be more for user settings input (ie. cluster size, health, etc), which gets translated back to the cs file. obviously i'm not as adverse in programing, but one would definitely need some understanding or knowledge of C#...it's not as easy as plug-n-play...

10. dqtsf

dqtsf Member

I just wanna change from
    If skill.wizard.blizzard.cancast() to the skill i want to use but when i load db it wont show trinity plugin. I think that could be syntax error.

11. drizzle206

drizzle206 Active Member

yeah then that means that the routine (or changes you made to it) has errors...if you revert back the routine, DB should load normal :)

12. FEDEZ

FEDEZ Member

dont work for me... some time NEcro don have mana for casting..
    im post my team

necro https://www.d3planner.com/204473880
    WD https://www.d3planner.com/874711617 wrong Dps on d3planner real dps is 5.5k
    monk https://www.d3planner.com/941267922
    Barb https://www.d3planner.com/216652267

any idea to change in my party ??
    Thanks fedez

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017 at 8:06 AM
  13. pimpampum

pimpampum Member

thanks; wasn't aware of that. Good to know!

14. ZDL

ZDL New Member

It would be easier to help you if you posted your changes. I tried the zwiz script you posted but it's pretty basic. It has hard coded limits on skills that are kinda ridiculous imo.

Slow time only once every 5 seconds. Blackhole only once every 3 seconds. Energy twister only once every 5 seconds.

The targeting is kinda weak too imo just looking for clusters of mobs and not checking to see if they're already debuffed before casting spells on them.

I've been working on some improvements to address those issues. It's still a work in progress but I think it's better than it was before. I've attached it here if you want to give it a try.

Here's a d3 planner for the build I've been using: https://www.d3planner.com/938398518

Some of the changes I made:

- Added frostnova support
    - Blackhole should prioritize molten/arcane affixes, electrified monsters, groups of monsters (in this order).
    - Blackhole will try to position consecutive casts 15 yards apart unless the old blackhole is about to expire then it will recast at the same position if it's a good target.
    - Energy twister should only casts when there are mobs that aren't affected by conflagration.
    - Slow Time should cast more frequently and only on mobs that aren't under a slow time bubble already.
    - Added support for targeting based on leader position like Tempest's scripts but I didn't find it that effective (probably my fault) so it's disabled by default but you can enable it in the routine settings if you want.
    - Option to save blackhole when there are monsters with molten or arcane affixes around. That sounded better in my head than it was in reality. Since the cooldown on blackhole is so short it would end up saving it for a really long time and then half the time the molten monsters die and combat is over so it won't even blackhole the molten but everyone is already running away so doesn't really matter.
    - Cut out some of the skills I don't use like blizzard, arcane torrent, etc.. if it's not on the d3planner it's probably not supported.

Credit to: Abnormal for the base I started with and Tempest for debuff checking on mobs and leader positioning.

EDIT: d3planner had a mistake blackhole rune was spellsteal instead of event horizon I've updated the post but the url in the routine still has that error.

EDIT2: running znecro, zbarb (lead), zwiz, rat nec

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017 at 9:12 PM
    drizzle206 and dqtsf like this.
  15. dqtsf

dqtsf Member

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017 at 10:40 AM
  16. FEDEZ

FEDEZ Member

what routine you use ? and setup ( dps necro )
    i have mana problem... sometime not casting for 1min ( no mana ),.
    Thanks

17. Tempest

Tempest Member

Thread starts to live its own life, that is cool. Adding one more question for @dqtsf : If barbar leads how do you solve distant charges and catchup distance. Just using 50y catchup distance? Or you go with the whirl zbarb that does not rampage around that much?
    @ZDL gj with the routine, gonna check it myself once I setup this zdps mage thing.

18. BestWarOCE

BestWarOCE Member

@ZDL do you mind posting D3Planners for each character? Thank you!

And yes, this is definitely turning into a mini community of 4 man botters ^_^

19. Chocoboos

Chocoboos Member Legendary

Can somone translate zNecro chinese routine??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "大米怪群数量" = " "
    "小米怪群数量" = " "
    " 吃药血量 " = " health emergency "
    " 战斗选项 " = " "
    " 默认情况下,双分随时放,亡者领域只在有精英的时候放 " = " "
    " 大米小米使用不同的技能 " = " "
    " 亡者领域期间疯狂吞噬(低配电脑勿选 " = " "
    " 号令骸骨选项[鬼面黄道流专用,其他流派请保持默认] " = " "
    " 号令骸骨对不同的目标施放 " = " "
    " 号令骸骨施放间隔(百毫秒) " = " "
    " 目标选择[只有带死亡新星时此选项才有效] " = " "
    " 优先精英 " = " "
    " 优先残血 " = " "

Google translator failed hard :/

20. ZDL

ZDL New Member

Barbarian (support) - https://www.d3planner.com/856928214
    Necro (rathma) - https://www.d3planner.com/800394267
    Necro (support) - https://www.d3planner.com/267600916
    Wizard (support) - https://www.d3planner.com/938398518

I've tinkered pretty heavily with tempest's scripts to get these to run how I like them to, so these builds won't work without some modification to the routines.

If you're comfortable modifying routines they may help you.

Good luck!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017 at 9:10 PM