• Visit Honorbuddy
  • Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Demonbuddy
  • Visit Exilebuddy
  • Visit Hearthbuddy
  • Visit Pokefarmer
  • Visit Buddystore

[Guide] The All-in-One LoN Bombardment Crusader

Discussion in 'Demonbuddy Guides' started by Fisher67, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Fisher67

Fisher67 Member

[​IMG]

Purpose
    I've been asked by a number of people to write a guide for the crusader, so here it is! This patch 2.4 build is an all-purpose build. With very minimal tweaks, it can do bounties, rifts, greater rifts, key farming, and ubers. It particularly excels at greater rifts. In my opinion, the crusader is currently the best botting build available (several people have successfully botted 80+ with this build, I'm currently speedfarming 75 with ease). However, this build is expensive and you will need at least 8-10 ancients for it to be viable in greater rifts, so if you are a new player you may want to try a cheaper build such as a DMO or Flashfire Wizard. I suggest a minimum paragon 800 for this build, although you could probably do just fine with lower levels.

Build
    http://www.diablofans.com/builds/69853-2-4-gr90-lon-bombardment
    Power: http://www.d3planner.com/678399777
    Speed: http://www.d3planner.com/905840189

Botting Modifications
    Skills & Passives:
    • Instead of Consecration, use Shield Glare Rune=Divine Verdict (The crowd control from this is impressive and you also get 20% damage, with consecration the bot often misses the target, making it useless)
    • Instead of Laws of Justice Rune=Decaying Strength, use Condemn Rune=Vacuum or Laws of Justice Rune=Immovable Object (the armor is more consistent damage mitigation, decaying strength allows you to take burst damage up front, which is bad for botting)
    • Passives (with HFA) should be Indestructible, Long Arm of the Law (replace with Fervor if you are struggling with CDR), Lord Commander, Iron Maiden, and Finery
    Items (All Ancient):
    • Helm: Leoric's Crown
    • Shoulder: Pauldrons of the Skeleton King
    • Amulet: Hellfire Amulet
    • Chest: Heart of Iron (or Aquila Cuirass and cube Heart of Iron)
    • Bracer: Nemesis Bracers
    • Gloves: St. Archew's Gage
    • Ring: Litany of the Undaunted
    • Ring: The Wailing Host
    • Belt: Belt of the Trove
    • Legs: Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan
    • Boots: Illusory Boots (bot requires these to move effectively)
    • Shield: Lidless Wall or The Final Witness (damage or crowd control basically)
    • Weapon: Swiftmount, Sunkeeper, or Doombringer (Swift for speed, Sun for power, Doom for flexibility)
    Why is Sunkeeper more powerful than Doombringer?
    Because 30% damage to elites stacks multiplicatively with other damage % increases like physical and bombardment %. Here is the mathematical proof:

100 * 1.30 (elite) * 1.60 (physical) * 1.30 (bombardment) = 270.4

100 * 1.80 (physical) * 1.30 (bombardment) = 234

Cube
    • The Mortal Drama
    • Aquila Cuirass
    • Convention of Elements
    Gems
    • Below Grift 75, all Rubies, Topaz in Weapon, Diamond in Helm
    • Grift 75 and up, all Diamonds, Topaz in Weapon, Diamond in Helm
    • Bane of the Trapped, Esoteric Alteration, and Boyarsky's Chip

Stat Priority
    1. CDR until about 61.5% (this is a critical number to hit, as it will allow you to sync bombardment with convention of elements)
    2. Strength (Stack Caldesann's Despair, level 70 gem minimum, you should aim for 16-20k+ strength)
    3. Physical % Damage
    4. Bombardment % Damage
    5. Vitality (this is important because of Heart of Iron, but not nearly as strong as strength)
    6. Area Damage
    7. Thorns (only roll this secondary on an item if the primary stats are awesome, you should be seeing 200-300k thorns sheet damage)
    8. Everything else is worthless (yes, even CHC and CHD)

Follower
    Use a templar and choose all of his healing skills and max out CDR on all of his applicable gear. He should have around 42% CDR to maximize his healing spells on you and 43% block chance to CC groups.

Optimal Gear:
    • Trinket with follower cannot die & blocking
    • The Butcher's Sickle (groups them quite effectively for bombardment)
    • The Ess of Johan (more grouping)
    • Justice Lantern (blocking)
    • Oculus Ring (damage proc)
    • Freeze of Deflection (CC on blocking, make sure it has blocking on it)

Botting Play Style
    The bot is moving constantly to keep the buff from Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan active, so don't freak out if the bot looks like it is spazzing out, that's normal. Basically, what it will do is dance next to an elite pack until Convention of Elements gets close to physical, then it will blow all cooldowns and cast bombardment and steed charge and dance on the target. The damage is quite massive! Because of this play style, make sure you are only going after elite packs and very dense trash packs, otherwise you will waste a lot of time waiting on convention of the elements. Additionally, this type of combat style performs best when it kills the elites the first or second go-around. So the idea is to be running rifts where the elites die the first or second time to get the most efficient exp (I'm currently getting 120-170b exp per hour). If you want to run bounties, simply uncheck "Wait for Convention Element," change "Minimum Trash Mob Pack Size" to 1, and also make sure you are using swiftmount.

My Current Item List:

Double or triple click to select, then import (paste) inside your trinity item list:
    Code:
    ZxMAAB+LCAAAAAAABADFWEuP2yAQ/iuR7xsYMK8V8WpPVaV0KzWrqlfLYTeWHBwZXHf/fcHrJtW25/EJBDN8fMyDAfvw69xtfrohtL3fFbClxcb5pj+2/nVXjPHlDmTxUNnP0Z33bYgHF2OaCpuk5sN9uytOMV7uCZmmaTvxbT+8EkYpkB9f9ofm5M71XetDrH3jiso+dlP9Fg6xDqdH37TOx1C91F1wlvxvapF/HtLgU++v43EYrxr/TNpPQz9e0h6rtNen+pwkryP24DrXRHfMdJLoPreJ3LECo4XilqSu/XoJFViSG/tt7FwWzO0sqNi70PPbxaWWWrL07Pe6G11WfO9YsiiRZQ2yoN1AmdEgyxsoRwGllANFZgpGUobPVEiqkEHBKEY5NtPkSAyQQTlnjGLbFAyXStxASzRQuoL3ltigyabwZz3MkNEMO2RmUOyQSXFKBbojZVBspvPx4icHpUGsAbrCLaMB/T5lrDTY3itBCPxqRXBt0MPUlPgmzaAK+XgZMKH/SkgMCVSiZ8GZKXZumJmuUDgwih0yGRRWYMpL7BIpp170lyJoY9DfxKDTbYr/EDclQy8ctOBGIafBEqgpJbb3KpASHTTZlAOKI5EP30rk429Z9RtPuojSZxMAAA==
    You can also use Crazy's item lists.

Trinity Settings
    My settings are in the attached "Trinity.xml" file. Simply paste that file into the following directory:

Much easier than copying them from an image. :)

This Guide was Designed for the Following Versions
    What is SVN?
    How can I set up SVN?
    Read this guide. Additionally, when you assign a SVN URL to a windows folder for the first time, make sure you delete the contents of the folder prior to doing so. This will ensure the folder only contains what was on the SVN.

How will I know if there has been a change?
    By monitoring the commits logs for trinity and adventurer. Adventurer also has a development SVN, but I would recommend sticking with the stable public release.

Does SVN automatically update when the developers change something?
    No, not to my knowledge. You have to manually update the folders by right-clicking and selecting "update" or something similar. If you want to update all folders at once, here is a guide for that. If you want to revert a change, you can do that as well (there should be an option to do so when you right-click a folder).

Is SVN safe?
    From the perspective of Demonbuddy, yes as long as you use the SVNs I posted (SVN won't have any impact on tripwires or anything). From the perspective of your PC (malware, etc.), you should only use SVNs that are trustworthy. The ones that I linked above are perfectly safe and monitored by a lot of people.

Known Bugs and/or Issues
    • Sometimes the bot will try to click an expended shrine multiple times.
    • Akarat's Champion occasionally doesn't cast when it should.

Troubleshooting
    • Have you verified that you are using the latest versions of trinity, demonbuddy, and adventurer?
    • Do you have the exact right build posted above with all the essential items?
    • Have you copied my trinity settings file correctly?
    • Do you have sufficient damage output for Grift 70+? If not, try running lower Grifts until you do.
    • Have you tried a DB reinstall from scratch?
    • Is your problem a known bug?
    • If you are still having issues after all of this, make a post with a log of your run and state the problem.

FAQ

Will you update your guides as new trinity/DB/adventurer versions come out?
    Basically, if I feel like it (I usually do).

I saw that the post edit date changed, does that mean you changed your Trinity.xml file?
    Always assume I did.

Are you going to vote for Donald Trump?
    I tend not to vote for these.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    Mr McGibblets and tata01 like this.
  2. izzylai

izzylai Member

Thx. Appreciate your work, will feedback
    P.S What GR level you usually farming, and can you post your stats, i would to compare, because 70+ is still problematic for me

3. Fisher67

Fisher67 Member

My sweet spot is around GR 73-75 for exp, but that will vary according to your particular gear circumstances and paragon level (you will need to experiment to find your sweet spot, it isn't the same for everyone). I've been able to clear a 79 Grift, still working on 80. I might post some stats later when I have the data.

You should be crushing 70 in 5-7 minutes with my guide. Let me know how it works out!

4. izzylai

izzylai Member

Thx. And one more question, you don't tick Bane of the Stricken Snapshoting in your settings, but link for diablofans reccomend this gem. I need to enable it?
    P.S Ok, you just wrote this in guide. Thanks

5. Fisher67

Fisher67 Member

Yeah don't use Bane of the Stricken for this build. Also, snapshotting isn't necessary anymore because the gem adapts dynamically now. Trinity devs know about this and plan to remove the feature in a future version.

6. izzylai

izzylai Member

Thanks for reply. What deaths per hour is optimal for you, then you farming grifts

7. Forfang

Forfang Banned

Are your settings for greater or speed rifts/bounties?

And why not using stricken, if is in the d3fans guide? All people who running high grs with crus using stricken gem :eek:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  8. hpark62

hpark62 New Member

thank you so much for an awesome compilation. Would you recommend a threshold settings/items to start botting, as in how many ancients or possible replaces to start using this set-up, until all other settings are finally put together? I'm running so many other characters and the stats for good ancient items have wrong primary stats on them XD
    it would be so much more helpful if I can have a rough idea when the bot can reasonably run GR65-ish so that I can foresee a good chance of drawing descent a relevant ancient items.

again, thank you!

9. Forfang

Forfang Banned

if you have a well geared barb you can farm easily the most items for this build...other you must craft...you really dont need that much ancients from start, running get the core items and rush t10 for getting the rest

10. Fisher67

Fisher67 Member

Maybe 1 or 2 if the stars align. This build is really tanky, especially if you are using Esoteric and have many ancients.

Stricken makes sense for a human player in a group, who is constantly hitting the RG. However, the bot waits to the side for CoE to proc, making that stacking part of the gem useless (you should be killing RG fast without it anyway). Also, using stricken means you would have to give up BotT or Esoteric, both of which are better options. In progression bot grifts, you will pretty much need esoteric, and the damage from bane of the trapped is higher than stricken and far more consistent. Also, it applies to all mobs, not just RG. So basically, do you want 25% damage to RG or 35%+ to everything?

You're welcome! To Grift 70+, you will need around 8 ancients. Although you could bot lower Grifts with less. It's probably easier to just let the bot gear your character for you in lower Grifts. You don't need to change any trinity settings for lower Grifts. Just experiment and see what works, then incrementally increase Grift level over time as you get geared up. That's what I did. :)

11. Forfang

Forfang Banned

Passives should be (with Hellfire): Fervor, Indestructable, Finery, Iron Maiden, Lord Commander

12. junmo880517

junmo880517 New Member

Thank you. appreciate.

13. Fisher67

Fisher67 Member

...Unless you have 61.5% CDR on gear, then replace Fervor with Long Arm of the Law.

Welcome!

14. jbotwww

jbotwww New Member

It ignores that setting for bosses. And tbh if it doesn't have that many mobs its not worth fighting. It will use it every Phys ring. It will get shit grouped before each ring pretty well. I've never had an issue with GR 80 farming atm using very similar settings to this. I personally use 8 not 10 but w.e

15. jensenbeach772

jensenbeach772 Banned

OMG you didn't again :) thank you so much for this guide

16. hpark62

hpark62 New Member

Okay, so I geared up and tested on bounties overnight, and this works far better than any other profiles that I have used so far. However, it would be even better if the bot is corrected in two aspects..
    1. Steed Charge OOC, the bot would use steed charge only during combat or in a situation where there is no enemies nearby. I think this is partly because I set min. trash pack size=1 and turned on safe zerg mode, and the bot is confused with its current situation. I assume it not being a problem of a profile nor routine, but a systematical glitch between min. trash mob size and safe zerg mode.

2. convention of elements cooldown, I was expecting the bot to cast physical damage skills such as iron skin or consecration during physical damage boost offered by convention of elements. But either skills were being cast during thunder damage... is there a reason for the bot performing as such?

apart from these two problems, the bot seems to work great!

17. Lulk1989

Lulk1989 New Member

your trinity folder does nothing without the settings folder as well... ;P

18. Fisher67

Fisher67 Member

Yes, think of trash min as the travel dial. The higher you turn it, the more time your bot runs around looking for elites and vice versa. You want a balance. 10 is the most balanced for me.

Welcome! :)

Not problems as far as I can tell:

1) You should be able to control this in trinity settings -> Combat -> Crusader, no?
    2) Do not mess with this. Working as intended. If you watch carefully, you will notice there is a lag time from when you actually cast bombardment and when the barrells start hitting in earnest. The bot times it so the maximum number of barrels are hitting during the physical phase. If you uncheck convention, it spam casts it. You should uncheck convention for rifts and bounties because everything dies super fast on TX anyway.

19. Lulk1989

Lulk1989 New Member

Can i ask whats different about your trinity folder?

20. hpark62

hpark62 New Member

I see, everything clear now. Thanks!
    hope to see ultimate guide for other classes soon :)