• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [GUIDE] VMware + D3 | they way it shoud be done

Discussion in 'Archives' started by shaliuno, Jul 19, 2012.

1. hapile

hapile New Member

my 1st & 2nd VMWare is ok... but the next 3rd VMWARE have a problem. It very slow when i start Diablo III, almost the time is Diablo III not respongding, maybe this is about HDD slow access...
      My computer is I7 3770
      RAM 16GB
      SSD corssair 128G
      VGA 630 - 2Gb
      anyone can help me about that? how can run more VMWARE?

2. FnPikey

FnPikey New Member

Hi first time here. Thanks for the guide. I seem to be getting an an authentication issue. Diablo III launches from my host but not from my guest. It freezes at 70% on "updating setup files: error code:BLZPTS0000F" I've tried everything that blizzard suggest ( delete battle.net file, cache file etc.). I am guessing that I might have installed windows wrong or maybe VMware wrong. Anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks

3. peshmarie

peshmarie New Member

i setup like first post with 4 vm's but 3 of them diablo is crashin 1-3 times per hour. on 4th d3 runs smooth without any crashes.

i am on a

16gb Ram
      7870 2GB
      128gb SSD

and i ill get lots of running out of ram errors. gave 2gb per vm. dunno how u can run it with less.

4. madmaximka

madmaximka Active Member

same. get out of ram errors. 16gb ram. iam give lot of memory to my guest vm`s but still get out of memory errors. maybe host os lock amout of memory for any system processes? vmware 9.0.1. thank you.

5. loko

loko New Member

If anyone tries to follow these instructions for WoW, do not use "windows 7 ultimate sp1 x32 lite v3 by nil-nt.iso" It lacks the secondary logon service required for WoW. Instead use "windows 7 ultimate sp1 x32 lite IE9.iso" also by nil-nt. Great post by the way.

6. Insomni4c

Insomni4c Member

My VM constantly freezes up after a couple of hours.

Does anyone else get this issue?
      Using a copy of D3 on the actual VM Disk.

7. kotanus

kotanus New Member

i can't seem to get d3 running on the vmware. . . do i still use .bat file listed in the first page?

8. dcaari

dcaari New Member

Which option should I use for MLINK? in linkshell?

HOST : Seven
      Guest : XPSP3vl

9. cpucpu

cpucpu New Member

Hi guys,

THANK YOU OP FOR THIS POST

Love games but total noob when it comes to the tech side of things.

Managed to install vmware workstation and the iso in the OP got windows running and all BUT when the bat file story comes into play I get lost.

I tried copy and pasting other guys bat and "fixing" them but my diablo III folder on c: is empty and I have nothing to launch. Could someone please help me move on from this step maybe post a copy of their bat file in the thread for us noobs to copy and use.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

10. rafaelagp

rafaelagp New Member

d'you have a pagefile set? if you don't, that's probably it. set the pagefile for at least 1gb and it will stop running out of memory, you can even lower it to 1.8gb ram per vm.

11. cpucpu

cpucpu New Member

Hi,

Ok after copying declensionsone bat from page 3 and doing the launch I get an error "MSVCP100.dll is missing"

Please help me ! ! !

12. rafaelagp

rafaelagp New Member

that batch is prior to patch 1.0.5, some filenames have changed.

if you browse the thread you'll see someone posted an updated one. good luck, bra :p

13. dschu012

dschu012 New Member

The below should work for 1.05
      Code:
      mkdir "C:\Diablo III" 
      mkdir "C:\Diablo III\Data_D3" 
      mkdir "C:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC" 
      mkdir "C:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs"
      mkdir "C:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\Cache"
      copy "Z:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\Cache" "C:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\Cache"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\ClientData.mpq" "Z:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\ClientData.mpq"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\CoreData.mpq" "Z:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\CoreData.mpq"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\HLSLShaders.mpq" "Z:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\HLSLShaders.mpq"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\Sound.mpq" "Z:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\Sound.mpq"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\Texture.mpq" "Z:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\Texture.mpq"
      mklink /D "C:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\Win" "Z:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\Win"
      mklink /D "C:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\base" "Z:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\base"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\base-Win.mpq" "Z:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\base-Win.mpq"
      mklink /D "C:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\ruRU" "Z:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\ruRU"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\ruRU_Audio.mpq" "Z:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\ruRU_Audio.mpq"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\ruRU_Cutscene.mpq" "Z:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\ruRU_Cutscene.mpq"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\ruRU_Text.mpq" "Z:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\ruRU_Text.mpq"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\realmlist.dtf" "Z:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\realmlist.dtf"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\.agent.db" "Z:\Diablo III\.agent.db"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\BattlenetAccount.url" "Z:\Diablo III\BattlenetAccount.url"
      mklink /D "C:\Diablo III\Bnet" "Z:\Diablo III\Bnet"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\Diablo III Launcher.exe" "Z:\Diablo III\Diablo III Launcher.exe"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" "Z:\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\Diablo III.mfil" "Z:\Diablo III\Diablo III.mfil"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\Diablo III.tfil" "Z:\Diablo III\Diablo III.tfil"
      mklink /D "C:\Diablo III\InspectorReporter" "Z:\Diablo III\InspectorReporter"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\Launcher.db" "Z:\Diablo III\Launcher.db"
      mklink /D "C:\Diablo III\Logs" "Z:\Diablo III\Logs"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\Manual.url" "Z:\Diablo III\Manual.url"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\Microsoft.VC90.CRT.manifest" "Z:\Diablo III\Microsoft.VC90.CRT.manifest"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\SetupWin.mpq" "Z:\Diablo III\SetupWin.mpq"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\TechSupport.url" "Z:\Diablo III\TechSupport.url"
      mklink /D "C:\Diablo III\Updates" "Z:\Diablo III\Updates"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\fmodex.dll" "Z:\Diablo III\fmodex.dll"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\icudt49.dll" "Z:\Diablo III\icudt49.dll"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\icuin49.dll" "Z:\Diablo III\icuin49.dll"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\icuuc49.dll" "Z:\Diablo III\icuuc49.dll"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\ijl15.dll" "Z:\Diablo III\ijl15.dll"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\msvcp100.dll" "Z:\Diablo III\msvcp100.dll"
      mklink "C:\Diablo III\msvcr100.dll" "Z:\Diablo III\msvcr100.dll"

mklink /D "C:\ProgramData\Battle.net" "Z:\ProgramData\Battle.net"

14. kotanus

kotanus New Member

Anyone having a problem in that command to copy the Cache folder. . . it keeps saying that "'Z:\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\Cache\*' The system cannot find the file specified 0 file(s) copied."

I tried physically copying the Cache folder by just using copy/paste command but when I launch D3 it takes very long to launch and it seems to be downloading additional stuff (notice the hdd free space decrease while its trying to load D3)

Can anyone help with this please?

*edit* yes I did shared the folders correctly and I did check Z:\ Diablo directory to ensure that the Cache folder is still there, in case anyone asks :)

*edit 2*
      After physically copying the file and the game finally launched. I can't start any games. Once I try to resume/start any game it just freezes up and takes forever to get to the loading screen and eventually gives a message that says Game is Unavailable and brings me back to character screen. help please >.<

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
    15. dhdhdh

dhdhdh New Member

Ok, thank you a lot, i have 5 VMs running, 2Gb ram for each. The problem is, that overall used RAM by vmware slowly, but constantly increases. I have 1.7Gb free ram after starting all VMs, and it decreases to 0 in about 7-10 hours. Maybe it is D3 traffic stored in memory, or something else (amount of generated incoming traffic approximately equals to that). To flush this memory, i don't need to restart VMWare Workstation, but i need to restart all VMs in it.
      Is there some solution to flush (or not store at all) this increasing data in memory on the fly?

16. gdoubleok

gdoubleok Member

Is there anyone that set this up that can help me out? i'm trying to setup the BAT file but can't seem to figure it out x.x; along with a few other things.

If anyone would be so kind please let me know <3
      been a long time since i had vmware.. Over 3 years x.x; don't remember much

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
    17. m0rph3x

m0rph3x New Member

Having some sort of lags, can't figure out why. WM cpus are at 20%, memory at 40% and it lags.. If i add another WM - lags more, though both host and clones are far from maximum cpu and memory usage. What can be the problem?

18. cpucpu

cpucpu New Member

dschu012 posted a working version just make file copy pase and run then run the -launch command and viola

19. cpucpu

cpucpu New Member

Having same issue could it have to do with optimization ?

20. m0rph3x

m0rph3x New Member

Don't think so. My friend made same WM setup on his PC and it works better than on mine though he has much worse PC/WM setup. Tried everything - didn't help. But there is still chance we missed sth. Friend says it can be an issue with hardware. Gonna test tomorrow.
      My spec: i7 3770k, 128SSD, 16gb ram

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012