• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [GUIDE] VMware + D3 | they way it shoud be done

Discussion in 'Archives' started by shaliuno, Jul 19, 2012.

1. rekajohn

rekajohn New Member

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
    2. shaliuno

shaliuno New Member

(removed)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
    3. Heatbabz

Heatbabz New Member

4. rekajohn

rekajohn New Member

nonbootable.jpg

and ofc, error message pops, that it couldnt read windows files... i've tried every option that makes sense at all...
      same happens after burning it to disc...
      besides, the author is suggesting the use of USB pendrive (even if for saving disks)

on the other hand, I do have working Guests, with increased performnace, but wanted to try this one out (just stating am not all that "impotent" as your comment suggests)
      nevertheless, I'd be nowhere, if not for you, so please dont mistake this for my being mad at you or smthg, just backing up my point!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
    5. shaliuno

shaliuno New Member

(removed)

6. okard

okard New Member

mmm can i handle 2 bots on a 4gb ram pc??

7. cm00

cm00 New Member

Anyone got a link where i can download windows 7 ultimate sp1 x32 lite v3 by nil-nt.iso? I'm being a noob, can't find it anywhere.

I'm on an i7 3770k, 32gb ram, radeon 7970 3GB sapphire Vapor X GPU, 180gb SSD + 2 TB second drive

Looking to get 7 D3s in vms and 1 on the host system.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
    8. Heatbabz

Heatbabz New Member

I couldn't get it to install D3... I just got an error each time.

Anyways GL - I hope u get it working x).

9. JohnnyVolcom5

JohnnyVolcom5 New Member

Can someone explain to me what's supposed to happen after i open the .bat i create? I seem to be stuck at this part.

I opened my .bat, i saw the cmd window run, but now what do i do? When i try to launch in cmd using "C:\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" it says C:\Diablo isnt a path. (or something like that)

Maybe before i ask anymore questions, i should ask this. My "host" PCs operating system is on a small (64 GB) solid state and diablo is installed on just a normal 2GB internal HDD. So my Diablo 3 folder is in "B:/ Diablo III" Does this mean i should change my .Bat to say "B:" instead of "C:" ?? (ive tried both ways and im still stuck)

Also, My host computer is Win 7 Ult 64 bit, and i installed the lite 32 bit Win 7 onto the VM Guest machine as per the guide. Could this be causing an issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edit: I also tried to lauch Diablo in cmd using B: and C: with both B: and C: .bats.........basically i have tried everything and im still confused as to why im stuck....looked over the .bats at least 5 times and i dont think there are errors.

10. LargeInt

LargeInt New Member

I don't know, maybe I am missing something here, but I am having a weird issue with mine. I tried looking through, and didn't notice others experiencing the same.

I have been running on VMs for a while, but just upgraded from player to workstation and decided to set this up. D3 is running great on 1 core, and my memory usage is around 1 gig (I allocated it 1.5 gigs, but the usage is staying around 900 MB-1.1 GB).

The problem is, it does spike up a little, and Windows 7 freaks out and closes D3 and DB. Is this something I should worry about, or should I just find a way to disable that?

Edit:

Oh, also, I am still learning here so if someone can help me with this, please do.

Now, I have a basic understanding of what that means. It means that when I start D3 and DB on the first bot, it loads a bunch of information about them into my memory. When I load my second bot, it also would have to load a lot of that same information, and write it to the memory, but instead it will just use the information that was already written there by the first bot. Of course, they both have unique information that they will have to load on their own, but how is the weight of the shared information allocated?

Does the first bot keep all of that information stored for the other bots to access (thereby increasing the load on it, and causing it to need more memory, but making the others need less), or does each bot basically add in an equal amount of memory to share it between them (thus causing each bot added to actually decrease the amount of memory needed for any individual bot)?

11. cm00

cm00 New Member

The connection has timed out

The server at thepiratebay.se is taking too long to respond.

Won't load for me.

12. AQPRakion

AQPRakion New Member

hello, thanks for the post and I could open the diablo 3 on mvware as the guide says.

I have some questions pending
      On the networks are 2 NAT, bridged which should you choose? or another apart from these?

They also liked a p-v-n server is really necessary?

The virtual machine assigned to one core and 1.5 ram. , The charging time reaches the processor 100% and a crashear lelga. is there anyway to give more performance.

thanks for the answers and if em answer the last question I have to turn down dodne tell me or post

13. LargeInt

LargeInt New Member

So, I just called my step-father to ask some questions about this. He is a VMWare Architect, or Virtual Server Architect, or something like that (don't remember the exact title). For those of you that are like me, and are doing this on a traditional HDD instead of a SSD, you do NOT want to turn off your page file. If you have it working without it, and it is stable, then that is fine, but if you are like me and having instability issues unless you push up to 2 gigs of memory or higher, then turning the page file and setting it to around 2 gigs should help. That will give you a bit more virtual memory inside your virtual machines (virtual virtual memory? Virtual^2 memory?), and windows is built to expect to have some available to it. This WILL increase the load on your hard drive, but should be ok unless you are running 10+ bots (at which point you should be using a SSD, high quality ram, etc).

Also, he answered my question about transparent page sharing. The FIRST bot you load will need slightly more memory than the others. It is the one loading the original dlls and shared files into memory, and is the one the others are pointing to.

14. Heatbabz

Heatbabz New Member

Perhaps your ISP has blocked TPB?

Try going through a ***** like Hide My Ass! Free Proxy and Privacy Tools - Surf The Web Anonymously

or something like that - it should work - I just downloaded it 2 days ago. Using this method, cuz TPB was blocked from my ISP.

15. okard

okard New Member

lol i had a format C only to try this guide and u removed it now... omg, i'm rly so unlucky? can u give me a method to run more than 1 bot, with different id and with the possibility of using a v.p.n. for one of them??
      thank you, dude!!!

16. cm00

cm00 New Member

I wonder if all of UK has it blocked, i tried 3 different isps, a UK prox and a US prox, all had it blocked. How can i get the download?

Yeah the blocked message says it's blocked because of the british music industry, great.

Found a torrent with a couple seeds way way far into the pages of search engine listing. 6 kb/sec download. Feels like dial up, blast from the past.

17. cm00

cm00 New Member

Why has the entire first posts listing how to do this guide been removed and replaced with "VMware is bad" ?

18. pandaren1

pandaren1 New Member

lol we done been trolled. Apparently, VMware is bad (not that I'm arguing). Now, where did I put my tinfoil hat...

19. AQPRakion

AQPRakion New Member

because vmware remove the guide?

20. pandaren1

pandaren1 New Member

errrr....what?