• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Guides for eb development

Discussion in 'Archives' started by PainfulDeath, Oct 13, 2016.

1. PainfulDeath

PainfulDeath Member

https://www.thebuddyforum.com/exile...y-guides/237712-exilebuddy-guides-2016-a.html
      That was 9 months ago.

Any plans to cleanup that forum from the stuff that is obsolete and adding some more stuff so that more people could participate in community development?
      I mean, I am not an expert coder, but I can write a thing or two. But for the love of me I can't figure any of this shit out and it's not like I can google myself out of the problem. If the stuff isn't working, it's just not working and that's that. That forum could use a bit more examples, like building a random plugin from ground up, adding stuff 1by1 (empty one, that will at least compile -> empty with a bullshit log task -> add internal settings -> add a gui -> bind gui to settings etc)

I understand that any dev, who've learned all of this already must think "what a dimwit, we figured it out, so that means you also should be able to". But this bot definitely needs some more people contributing to it, since we have like 2.5 alive community devs (and 1.2 official ones) and a couple of decent guides would come a long way in supplying some more people to build stuff.

Cheers.

2. toNyx

toNyx Well-Known Member

comdevs? where?

3. yfbd

yfbd New Member

The guide is still revelant.

4. PainfulDeath

PainfulDeath Member

Yeah, have fun trying to build this project for .net 4.5.1 =)
      Also which of the 12 guides is the one that is relevant? Or half-relevant.
      That's what I am talking about. I'd rather have like 2 guides that are 100% up to date, than 10 of which like 10-50% information is not really relevant.

5. yfbd

yfbd New Member

It's fully relevant. If you think that .net 4,5,1 is hindering you from actually doing anything, maybe developing isn't your forte.

6. PainfulDeath

PainfulDeath Member

*facepalm*

7. yfbd

yfbd New Member

Yes I facepalm myself all the time when I read posts on the forums which those who think they are clever, and have intelligence above others, think that they are actually right.

8. eatinapineapple

eatinapineapple Member

This guy is asking for help so he can help back...to help build the community... why are you being a jerk?

I think this is a great question and I am in the same boat. I modified a combat routine and updated my map settings, but everything is by googling and searching what limited information is available per topic and trial and error. I would love to help out more, but it's daunting to get started and flailing around only lasts so long.

9. yfbd

yfbd New Member

Because he didn't even try, he looked at the date and assumed it is depreciated. And by the looks of it, neither have you. Pushedx always updates his guides or has info in sticked threads if things are going to break. A monkey can set up an EB project. And if saying .net version isn't correct as an excuse. Then you really shouldn't be developing.

10. eatinapineapple

eatinapineapple Member

OP was asking for guides to help contribute to the community. I think that's a fair thing to start a conversation about in a forum.

11. yfbd

yfbd New Member

The guides are there, OP is saying the guides are outdated and irrelevant. I said they are still relevant.
      Op wants new guides because the old ones are old so the information they have are "outdated", that's what he says. And he links to a one post, of the many, saying he cannot develop because the guides are outdated.
      I said that's not true, and he replies with a "facepalm" without even trying to say what is wrong, well he said .net was the issue. I can tell you it's not.

If you read his main post again, he sounds arrogant stating the status of the bot.
      If you want to really dev, you don't need a guide to get started, you just start. Ask any dev how they got started.