• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Hacked

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by mh46107, Aug 5, 2013.

1. mh46107

mh46107 New Member

so, i was hacked the other day, i know a lot of you will say, well wheres your authenticator, so let me preface with, im military in afghanistan, and that shit doesnt work out here...

anyway, so i have Kaspersky anti-virus, which works great IMO, and the only thing i ever use my computer for is to set up the bot, maybe troll around on the forums, and check my facebook/email. so, somehow, i got a keylogger or something of the sorts, because my WoW account and email was hacked, they sold all of the gear on one of my chars, and used my CC info to transfer another char to a different server. luckily, i caught all of this about 30 minutes after it happened, so i was able to get the refund, get my gear back, and as just a bonus, the hacker wasnt able to make off with any of the gold. so anyway, just a warning, im not saying that the bot itself is to blame for the hacking, but its the only thing i use on here that isnt 100% legit. also, i havent ruled out the fact that the internet here is less secure than the internet back stateside, so theres always that possibility, anyway, cheers

2. Not2Legit

Not2Legit Member

Could have been a number of things, like a fellow service member. Being a retired Marine, I won't buy "They're my brothers, they wouldn't do that!" =P Thieves exist everywhere. It could have come from an email, or a webpage you may have visited that convinced you that your Flashplayer needed to be updated. I'm not saying it cannot be done via Honorbuddy. But I assure you, Bossland would only hurt his business by keylogging his community. Then there's the question of Plugins. Take TheBrodieMan's Plugin for instance (Not saying he would. =P), it can auto update. It's not too far fetched that someone following a similar concept could have pushed a keylogger. HOWEVER, I find that very unlikely, as no one else is reporting this incident.

3. mh46107

mh46107 New Member

first off, i'd never share with any of my fellow service members that i play, i'd get hazed for days lol, secondly, im ultra-computer savvy, and thirdly, i had definitely thought of extra stuff that i've downloaded for the bot, the most recent, in order of newest to oldest, being, Lazyraider, tyrael, Tuanha SE

4. Giwin

Giwin Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

ESET NOD32 will never fail you, although Kaspersky should have caught that keylogger.

5. mh46107

mh46107 New Member

very true, which is why tbh, im thinking that it may have been more of an external thing on an unsecured network

6. Giwin

Giwin Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

if you're on a military network, just complain to the network admin that there's keyloggers on the system and they would deal with it.

7. mh46107

mh46107 New Member

its not a mil network, local wifi, i just wanted to post this on here for everyones SA, if it happens again, i'll look into getting a secure *** or something along those lines

8. Aion

Aion Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Since you mentioned your mail was hacked, there you go!

Some mail clients have flows, which could lead to bruteforce, or pure luck by hackers to get into your mail, then its easy for them to track down your personal information and hack the wow account and anything other account under that mail, which is traceable from the mailbox.

9. Hat 1

Hat 1 New Member

Virus scanners are made to stop them from getting in the first place...

Quite often malware it not found as it is very new and rare and can take days or weeks for a sample to hit a virus lab as such

You have a Password stealer most likely that came from some where gold sellers target popular sites like wowhead.com and and even here as well they have targeted this bot for years now it was infected for close to a year and a half each time the team updated it was infected and www.virustotal.com would not find it at all

Scanners are told what to find in most cases and malware is made so it is not found at all at www.virustotal.com programmers have virus scanners installed to make sure there malware is not found by popular scanners like yours or any others for that matter

Good work with your scanner I think it is one of the best though....You could have all of the virus scanners from www.virustotal.com and what ever took your account will still not be found at all from virustotal.com this is what makes it hard to find them in the first place

10. katzerle

katzerle New Member

Heyho
      Maybe it is a idea to get the Autentificator on your Computer (better then no Autentificator).
      You can get a Programm which Emulate a Smartphone on your PC (I use Blue Stacks) and then you can run the normal Blizz Autentificator on your PC.
      Or does this also not work for you?

Just an Idea
      Yours sincerely
      katzerle

11. stelios21

stelios21 New Member

Virus scanners/malwares etc. is a kinda crap.When you create a new virus u always crypt it with new stuff not with the same damn code and it takes at least several weeks to hit the antivirus databases, so it has done the job until u remove it . i can make you an undetected new crypted keylogger in a matter of seconds.

If you want my opinion. just dont click stuff if the source is not known at least to your lil sister who plays pacman