Season 15 and Demonbuddy, working as of 21th September 2018!
  • Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Demonbuddy

Hackish fix for Bounties

Discussion in 'Demonbuddy Forum' started by dum dum, Jul 21, 2018.

1. dum dum

dum dum Member

Just like the title says, this is a dirty, dirty, little hackish way to get current DB running Bounties... sort of.

The hack consists of two parts: Part one is a modified EnterLevelAreaCoroutine.cs and MoveThroughDeathGate.cs file that freakishly allows portals and death gates to work somewhat better since current Trinity/Adventurer is all sorts of screwed up code-wise when it comes to navigation in general and using portals in particular Part two are a series of profiles to use when running bounties. They circumnavigate the Trinity/Adventurer built-in Bounty selection routines. They do this by ordering the quests in a profile sequentially and using the RunBounty tag to force them to run.

Caveat: Big heads up here. PAY ATTENTION!!! I am not responsible for the way that Trinity/Adventurer handles Bounties, some bounties just are not going to work well depending on a variety of factors that I am neither smart enough nor patient enough to figure out on my own. Perhaps the actual developers (i.e., whoever is actually maintaining Trinity/Adventurer at the moment) will get around to addressing these issues and all the other issues that make doing anything other than rifting such a huge pain in the butt. Once they do my hackish fixes will be useless, which, honestly, will be perfectly fine with me.

Also note, Act 4 & 5 include something Trinity handles as Dynamic Bounties which I have not been able to place in their appropriate acts. As a result, when running the Act 4 & 5 profiles you will occasionally do a random dynamic bounty quest from the wrong act. This is usually only one extra quest, so not a big deal, but you should be aware that it's going to happen.

As long as your DB does not crash should run fairly well. Takes about an hour and a half to run Bounties for all 5 acts using the AllActBounties.xml profile. Below is a screen grab of stat logging after one complete Bounty run. You're not going to hit paragon 6000 with these, but it'll get the job done as far as collecting bounty mats for reforges, whatnot. I'm working(tm) on tracking down the cause of the occasional crashes and will fix it if I am able. Until then, occasional crashes and restarts are just going to be a thing to be aware of and deal with.

[​IMG]

How to Make This Work

1. Copy the attached EnterLevelAreaCoroutine.cs and MoveThroughDeathGate.cs file into your Trinity directory at Demonbuddy\Plugins\Trinity\Components\Adventurer\Coroutines\BountyCoroutines\Subroutines.
    2. Load the profile corresponding to the act you want to run.
    3. Profit.

Multi Act Bounty Profiles
    1. Unzip MultiActBounties.zip somewhere you'll remember. Demonbuddy\Profiles is a good choice.
    2. Make sure you've copied EnterLevelAreaCoroutine.cs and MoveThroughDeathGate.cs into your Trinity directory at Demonbuddy\Plugins\Trinity\Components\Adventurer\Coroutines\BountyCoroutines\Subroutines.
    3. Load AllActBounties.xml.
    4. (Important) If your DB crashes in the middle of a run make sure you load the profile of the act you were in when the program crashed. So, if you were in Act 3 then load Act3Multi.xml, otherwise some bounties will most likely be skipped on resume.
    Final notes: Town Runs seem to break a lot of the Bounties so it's best not to loot at all if you can help it. If you're like me you're only running Bounties for the bounty crafting materials anyway. If it's gold, experience or legendaries your after then you should probably be rifting, so go on... shoo! Get out of here.

Also, make sure to select the option on the Items tab in the Trinity Configure menu to 'Stash Bounty Caches' by checking the box next to it. The bot seems to be pretty hit or miss about picking up the goodies dropped by a Bounty Cache so it's safest to just stash it and open them manually at a later time. Look for the big red circle below for those of you unsure where to find the setting:

[​IMG]

Final final note: If this works for you, great. If not, sorry not sorry. I am not a developer and I know very little about code other than it's a thing that exists. I can think my way around the occasional problem, but if this absolutely won't work for you then I am probably not the person you want helping you. And, like I said earlier, there are MASSIVE(okay, maybe not massive) code flaws in Trinity/Adventurer at the moment that no amount of hacking on my part is going to fix. I just wanted to pass along something that helped make Bounties a little more bearable for me. I hope it helps some of you as well.

Edit 3:09 AM 07/22/2018 Added Act 3 profile

Edit 8:35 PM 07/22/2018 Added Act 4 & 5 profiles and modified MoveThroughDeathGate.cs

Edit 5:04 PM 07/23/2018 Added MultiActBounties profiles

Edit 6:27 PM 07/23/2018 Fixed issue with missing HasQuest ids in Act1Bounties.xml

Edit 4:15 AM 07/24/2018 Fixed issue with transposed digits in AllActBounties.xml

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  2. rndr

rndr New Member

Thank you very much!

i4n1819 likes this.
  3. dum dum

dum dum Member

You're very welcome. It's not a perfect solution, but for me at least it has made Bounties go from unworkable to bearable. Hope it helps you out.

i4n1819 likes this.
  4. Metha37

Metha37 New Member

Great work, can u add all bounties?

i4n1819 likes this.
  5. dum dum

dum dum Member

Not sure I take your meaning. Do you mean you want me to add currently unsupported bounties? Or do you mean you want to be able to run all act bounties in one game?

One of those things is waaaay outside my wheelhouse. One of them isn't.

6. Metha37

Metha37 New Member

I mean, after the completion of 1 act, he switched to the 2,3,4,5.

7. sinny1

sinny1 New Member

Thanks!
    How do you turn off looting for legendary btw? Put on ignore, but still picking up.

8. dum dum

dum dum Member

I am working on that now. Should be ready soon(tm).

Aaron0214 and Metha37 like this.
  9. dum dum

dum dum Member

To the best of my knowledge you cannot turn off looting legendaries. Not with a setting at least. That's a protected feature of DB.

To clarify my comment about Town Runs breaking some bounties, looting only legendaries shouldn't cause a problem. Town runs executed either at the beginning or end of an act are usually fine, and they empty out your inventory enough that it prevents Town Runs in the middle of a bounty. Just avoid looting ALL the things! Town Runs in the middle of a bounty seem to be the problem, and even then it's not a problem 100% the time. So, looting legendaries only should be fine. Besides, you don't want to miss out on a possible gear upgrade.

sinny1 likes this.
  10. Metha37

Metha37 New Member

Thanks, Sometimes crash on act3

11. dum dum

dum dum Member

Yeah, sometimes on Acts 1,2,4 and 5 as well. :p

My workaround is far from perfect. It's just better than not using it at all. That being said, I'm trying to track down why these crashes are happening to see if I can prevent them altogether. I am not the best man for this job, however. It would be better done by someone far more knowledgeable and skilled than me.

Metha37 likes this.
  12. WiN

WiN Member

Heya,
    Thanks again for these - amazing contribution! I think Act4 and 5 profiles have quite a few duplicates which means the bot sometimes ends up running an Act 4 bounty when Act 5 is loaded and vice versa. Examples:
    Act 4 bounties included in Act 5 profile
    Completed The Bound Shaman (448284)
    Starting The Cursed Shrines (448167)

Act 5 Bounties in Act 4 Profile
    Starting A Plague of Burrowers (448697)

13. dum dum

dum dum Member

Yeah, known issue I addressed in the OP:

"Also note, Act 4 & 5 include something Trinity handles as Dynamic Bounties which I have not been able to place in their appropriate acts. As a result, when running the Act 4 & 5 profiles you will occasionally do a random dynamic bounty quest from the wrong act. This is usually only one extra quest, so not a big deal, but you should be aware that it's going to happen."

As I figure out where each dynamic quest happens (act 4 or 5) I'll clean the profiles up. Until then it's just the cost of doing business. :p

14. dum dum

dum dum Member

Actually, if you could let me know what quest you were on when it crashed that would be good. I have a working theory that something is not quite right with ClearAreaForNSecondsCoroutine.cs and that bounties which utilize it in BountyDataFactory.cs are the ones that cause DB to crash.

15. Metha37

Metha37 New Member

AllBounties is great but misses 5Act

16. dum dum

dum dum Member

Upload your log and I'll see if I can figure out what happened.

17. Mellowhype

Mellowhype Member

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  18. dum dum

dum dum Member

What are those profiles supposed to do that is not working? I've been running https://www.thebuddyforum.com/threads/17-9-3-good-working-cosmicwing-profiles.407772/ and the profile seems to run just fine. I have not had a RGB portal spawn yet to see if there is any breakdown in expected behavior. But it would be good to know what exactly is broken so I can know what needs to be fixed.

19. Raymondasdf

Raymondasdf New Member

Thanks you for the update
    but there are still some unworking portal. Keep saying:
    Entering
    moving
    entering
    moving
    entering
    moving
    Across all Act.
    But beside of this, other just work fine. Way better than original.

20. Mellowhype

Mellowhype Member

thanks for your attention, this script it works 99%, but when it enters the portal it simply does not load next script, force leaves for manu of the devil, instead of kill rainbow map