• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Hackish fix for Bounties

Discussion in 'Demonbuddy Forum' started by dum dum, Jul 21, 2018.

1. dum dum

dum dum Member

Got it. I'll run until I see a Whimsydale portal then to see if I can figure out what's happening then.

2. dum dum

dum dum Member

Make sure you've copied my EnterLevelAreaCoroutine.cs to the correct location!

Even so, there are a few portals in the game that will seem to fail for a bit, but then eventually work. The portal to the Azmodan encounter comes to mind. You just have to let the bot keep at it, but they eventually succeed. The longest I ever had to wait was probably 20-25 seconds for one of those.

Question: are the unworking portals breaking your bounty runs? Do you come back to your computer to find your bot stuck running in and out of a portal. Or are you just seeing those messages in the logs but the portals do work eventually? DB's code executes much faster than the game does so there is a lot of useless code being fired during things like scene transitions and other sorts of interactions which results in a lot of spammed messages in your log.

3. dum dum

dum dum Member

Just my cursory thoughts. There is something extremely off about the way either Trinity or DB internally handles whimsydale. I'm leaning toward a DB internal issue. I had everything set up to just stop when it found a portal so I could enter it and manually load a clearing profile. Once I did that everything pretty much froze. My TPS would go down to 0.00 and stay there for like 5-7 seconds. Mobs killed me 4 times because the bot was frozen in some sort of code stupor. I've never seen anything like it. There were literally no good logging or error message to indicate what was happening or why. Weird as hell.

I'll keep messing with it on the side, but don't get your hopes up. Hopefully the developers are implementing any sort of internal fix. We may need to wait until the next iteration of DB to see any real progress made on it.

4. Raymondasdf

Raymondasdf New Member

I just sit in front of my computer and see this log. I thought it was a bug so I just manually click the portal LOL. It doesn’t breakdown, when I wait a few second, it showing clear blocking road. And then do the entering and moving again. But I will try to let it runs for couple minutes and see if it works. Thanks you

5. dxc9175

dxc9175 New Member

Thank you very much manito fix, though it is not perfect, but you help us solve a difficult problem.

6. dum dum

dum dum Member

You're very welcome. :)

7. FreeP

FreeP New Member

Working a treat for the majority of bounties, only thing is the multi acts doesnt like doing act4, will store the bounty caches corretly.

just started a new DB for the log if you want it.

have the settings to balanced mode if that makes any difference.

does the act4 bounties file not in the zip only farm that act?

8. dum dum

dum dum Member

Yes, the individual act profiles only run the bounties for that act. Exceptions exist for Act 4 and Act 5 which both draw from the same pool of dynamic bounties. Meaning, when you run the individual act profile for 4 & 5 you are most likely going to do an additional quest from the other act. Act 4 will run one Act 5 bounty, and vice versa.

If you are noticing an uneven number of Act Bounty Caches after letting the multi profile run for any length of time then you are probably running into instances of unsupported bounties. My profiles only tell DB to run the bounties that Adventurer already knows how to run. If there is even one unsupported bounty in a given game then you won't get the bounty cache for that act in that game. I've rechecked the profiles and the turn-in portion is exactly the same for both Act 3 & Act 4, Tyrael in Bastion's Keep. So, as long as you are getting any Act 4 or Act 3 Caches at all then the profiles are working as good as they are going to. If you're not getting any at all, then there is a problem somewhere.

Settings in Trinity regarding acts and balanced mode don't matter in regard to the profiles I've made. Adventurer essentially took bounty profiles and internalized them. A really great idea when DB and Trinity were being actively developed and maintained. Not so good when things are severly broken as they are now.

Try as you will, you probably will not be able to keep bounty caches perfectly balanced using my profiles. What you can do is automate them enough to make automatically gathering bounty crafting materials possible at least. If you find yourself getting especially short on a certain acts bounty caches then just run the individual profile for a bit to catch them up. That's really the only solution I can suggest.

Happy botting!

9. Yi Hwang

Yi Hwang New Member

Certain act doesn't go into gate. It keep says searching and moving...

10. dum dum

dum dum Member

Certain larger portals behave that way even with the modified EnterLevelAreaCoroutine.cs. Their coordinates seem to be way off so it never does a relative position check for my hack to trigger. But those portals do work eventually. The portal leading to the Azmodan encounter is one such portal. The longest I've ever had to wait for it to finally trigger by itself was less than a minute, but your experience may be different from mine. Just be patient to see if it finally works. Worst case scenario, it will reload game due to inactivity.

This is not a perfect fix, and there probably won't ever be a perfect fix until both DB and Trinity work perfectly. It's just better than the default setup.

Hoss_pipes likes this.
    11. shay4444

shay4444 New Member

thanks, this fix seems to work.

12. Hoss_pipes

Hoss_pipes New Member

Act 2/ Free the iron wolves x5. Found 3 and wouldn't explore far enough to find the next 2 even with the arrow lit up pointing to the. I nudged it slightly forward and it took off the rest of the way.
      Act 2/ Clearing the cave of the burrowing horror, it made it into the cave by killing the worm but sat still upon entering. I manually pushed through to the second level and after a few moments it took off on its own. I searched through the coding to see if there was an issue with the ID but couldn't figure it out. If you would like I can keep running and providing deficiencies with the scripts, if not I will let it go.
      On a better note, when it runs, it runs very well. Thank you for the work around.

13. dum dum

dum dum Member

I am looking at trying to improve the bounty execution as much as I can... if I can. I do not have a very strong skill set with code. I have modified my own BountyDataFactory.cs file for a few bounty quests. Cave of Burrowing Horror was actually one of them. There are issues with bounties that utilize the ClearAreaForNSecondsCoroutine.cs. I don't know why though. It's annoying because I am just smart enough to see/find the problems, but not smart enough to fix them. A fairly useless skill to have.

That being said, it can't hurt to point out any bounties you find that screw up and tell me how they're screwing up. Once I get enough fixes that seem stable I can look at adding a copy of my BountyDataFactory.cs file to the uploads for those who want it.

nicklaus, Yi Hwang and Hoss_pipes like this.
    14. nicklaus

nicklaus New Member

hello,it has been work,thanks

15. nicklaus

nicklaus New Member

yes i need it.and ACR5 has a few question,thank you

16. Yi Hwang

Yi Hwang New Member

any new updates yet?. hope there is any solution. BTW thank you for all your hard work!!

17. Maxtor87

Maxtor87 New Member

Amazing tweak. Best bounties profile so far! Thanks!

18. Tony

Tony "The Bee" Staff Member Moderator

make a pull request for Trinity plz

i4n1819 likes this.
    19. Eleighna

Eleighna Member

I'm having the issue where it tries to teleport to the act (I've tried individual acts plus the all act one) and it says unable to teleport because waypoint is too close, but it thinks it's already in the act. Then it starts running around town "searching" as if it's in the act. I've reinstalled a clean copy and done everything step by step in your directions and it still does this.

Kinda disappointed that I decided to give DB one more try and bounties still don't work. Any tips or ideas?

20. DontBanMeBro

DontBanMeBro Member

Same here. I ended up just cutting my losses and using a different bot. I gave them a couple of months to get things back in order, but it just hasn't happened unfortunately