• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • HB ARCHIVES: DungeonBuddy--DO NOT DELETE

Discussion in 'Archives' started by chinajade, Feb 27, 2013.

1. chinajade

chinajade Well-Known Member Moderator Buddy Core Dev

Hi, Optiimus,

Thank you! We have updated the article.

cheers,
      chinajade

2. chinajade

Hi, ZoOoOoM,

DungeonBuddy provides an API for setting Dungeon Ids—SelectedDungeonIds. We don't know if this will be suitable for your needs or not.

cheers,
      chinajade

3. chinajade

Hi, Beltic, and thanks for the log.

Against this issue, we have opened:
      HB-2442 DungeonBuddy: Auchindoun: Not moving away from (1st boss) Sanctified Strike quick enough​

cheers,
      chinajade

[size=-2]Ref: Beltic's problem report w/log[/size]

4. ShortRound

ShortRound New Member

Some place somewhere there is a bridge missing its troll.

chinajade likes this.
    5. frosticus

frosticus Community Developer

then why post.

Cause im a badass!!

but...you just said you didnt give a fuck..

you're concerned about a product you don't even use...cause you're a badass, we remember.

you joined in 2012. you can't really be surprised at the speed at which this botbase being supported. wait, that really isnt the case, the botbase is fully functional, exactly what you paid for. a fully functional botbase. every single raid available to the botbase works. you sir, did not purchase the speed at which optional profiles are written for the botbase. and poor communication? staff has been communicating with the community every single day since BRF was released.

YOU DONT EVEN USE THE BOTBASE?!?!?!?!? WHY ARE YOU HERE!?!?!!?

6. Aion

Aion Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

I have an idea and not quite sure what is the most appropriate way for its success, so on the question:

Its known that Dungeonbuddy store its configuration per character in DungeonBuddySettings.xml file under the Honorbuddy\Settings\RealmName\CharacterName folder.

What is the best way (if possible at all) to change some of setting with Questing profile, PB profile, or with the aid of HB API, so when call the DungeonBuddy Botbase, it would run with the new settings.

If this is still technically impossible, can I suggest a new DungeonBuddy feature, offering Loadable custom DungeonBuddySettings.xml. I guess it could use the existing "Load Profile" menu, even after technically this is not a profile, but a settings file, instead.

By achieving this, I am sure, DungeonBuddy could open a space for quite a few user-friendly solutions for customizing the way we run dungeons and raids.

Thanks in advance,
      Aion

7. garoboldy

garoboldy Member

This pretty much sums up how we feel about the current state of DB. I think it is less about the Developer supporting this botbase, and more about that specific person being pulled into other projects by the team. It may or may not be the Devs fault for the slow pace or lower commitment, but we don't know the whole story and never will. It is up to the Dev team to make these updates and provide new progress for the botbase as we can't "force" them to do anything.

I would say give them some time, but we are nearing 6.2 and BRF will be a waste for most LFR botters and thus we will have to push alts manually instead of botting them through BRF. Sad way to think about it, but it is what it is.

If we get BRF within 2 weeks I'd foresee this working out well for the community, otherwise getting DB to work with BRF may be more of a waste than a benefit at that point.

8. razer

razer New Member

All that just because 1 tiny thing is not finished. All the dungeons I run from 1 - 100 work great then heroics work the first of raids are done. DungeonBuddy is a great addon to honorbuddy 99% of it is complete but not the latest raid. I tell you want since they suck so much at it why dont you make your own bot and build it better? O wait you cant all you know how to do is talk shit. If $20 is such a big sum of money for you then ask for a refund.

9. frosticus

frosticus Community Developer

what is happening in 2 weeks that will make BRF LFR obsolete? did i miss some announcement?

HM LFR is still valid. Why wouldnt BRF LFR be valid after two weeks from now?

if you hit 100 with a new toon, do some heroics to get into lfr, do hm lfr, and your ilvl isnt high enough to be invited to any new raid, what are you going to do the rest of the week, but BRF lfr. which makes it still relevant. do you think new players are going to skip brf and its chance at loot, just because the new raid is out?

and for the rest of you, coding time is finite. what would you rather see stagnate so they could spend more time on brf lfr?

and if its not fast enough for you. there have been a few people here claim they can code brf in 15 minutes. PM those people with offers of burgers and beer to code it for everyone. and i mean everyone for FREE, because of all the whiners who claim the store is evil and cant be trusted.

10. Taybox

Taybox New Member

im extremely appreciative of HB and DB... EXTREMELY...

having said that...

It is somewhat surprising that BRF LFR isn't our yet for DB. It's such a HUGE part of the legendary quest line, and everyone is trying to push alts through... I can't see how it wouldnt be at the top of the priority list.

like i said, im an idiot when it comes to coding and such, so i have to keep quiet.

11. chinajade

Hi, Aion,

DungeonBuddy exposes its settings in an API. Knowing this, you can use the Questing bot's RunCode quest behavior to alter them. The problem is I'm not certain when those settings are 'loaded' (at Honorbuddy Startup, or when DungeonBuddy becomes the 'active bot'). So, its possible any changes you make may be overwritten.

An alternative approach may be to write a dedicated quest behavior to scribble the DungeonBuddy settings files directly.

Either way is going to be dicey, since Honorbuddy provides no formal mechanism for bot-to-bot communication. And, anything you may get to work will be a consequence of an implementation detail rather than design (and thus, subject to change).

cheers,
      chinajade

Last edited: May 13, 2015
    12. Aion

Just started the latest version on my level 11-14 5-man dungeon group, but on by my surprise this message arisen:

The first Dungeons,available for characters are Deadmines near Stormwind and RageFire Chasm under Orgrimmar on level 10 if we manually enter them.

On level 15 the Looking For Dungeon ingame tool is activated for easier queue.

So, is it possible to lower the Dungeonbuddy lower cap to lvl 10. Thanks in advance.

13. chinajade

Hi, Aion,

No. Dungeonbuddy requires queuing by LFG finder, unless you are farming. So, the level 15 constraint cannot be changed (unless you want to farm, which you obviously wouldn't be able to survive at level 10).

cheers,
      chinajade

14. jdaugherty29

jdaugherty29 New Member

any time use load a dps profile like glad suite or unleased fury and try to load my config for the bot it crashed or just wont open it? any ideas why?

Edit: it doe not even do the rotation it just sits there

Last edited: May 26, 2015
    15. chinajade

Hi, JDaugherty29,

What has this got to do with DungeonBuddy? Sounds like you need to make a new thread in the Support forum, and attach a full log in your new thread.

cheers,
      chinajade

16. BubbaDad

BubbaDad Member

I seem to remember using DB without queuing and with a 3 to 5 man team. Haven't been involved in about a year though. Don't remember if all were low level or just a couple.

17. Aion

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I was running optimized route for toon leveling: Kicks 1-10 in durotar, then on 10 manually port Orgi, and run to RFC downstairs.

Even after the RFC bosses are 2-3 levels higher than level 10 toon, surprisingly, they are down in less 20 sec with 5 man setup (1x Enyo/Combat bot + 4 PartyBot followers). So in two clears without looms (1 clear with looms) or ~5-10min, the toons were already 15 and able to use Dungeonbuddy.

So the whole point is to bypass the 10-15 leveling with Kicks or BgBuddy, since it is much slower (1h+).

The LFG is unlocked on level 15, so no character can use it before, anyway. But if we are able to turn on Dungeonbuddy on lvl 10, probably on farm mode, then it would save us plenty of time too: No 5min setup of PartyBot, to use it for another 10min, and no manual move with Enyo/Combat bot on the tank for 1-2 runs. I remember several months ago, I ran it in farm mode, and it was smooth.

Update:

[​IMG]

I noticed bit high CPU load for Honorbuddy, once Dungeonbuddy is running on 5 characters in LFD, totally they almost cap me to constant 75-95% CPU load on machine with i7-920@ 3500MHz, which seems pretty odd for me.

Yea this is highly subjective, but I have successfully ran 5-7 LookingForRaid toons with Dungeonbuddy few months ago, and even after they bring much stress for the system, they have made it.

Or maybe my machine is getting old? :)

18. Tarathiel2

Tarathiel2 New Member

In Mogu'shan Palace Heroic, DungeonBuddy is constantly trying to open Ancient Mogu Vaults even if the character doesn't have the required Ancient Mogu Key in his inventory, thus entering an endless loop.

Also it sometimes forgets to loot the chest of the first boss (Legacy of the Clan Leaders) and just stands on the stairs leading to the next boss, which are closed until the chest is looted.

View attachment 3360 2015-05-27 14.36.zip

Last edited: May 27, 2015
    19. Cylae

Cylae Member

I've tried to bot on PVE (like Highmaul normal mode) with HazzDruid and my game run at 5fps with HB and 110fps without ! I've put video settings to low but same issue. No problem with older releases.
      And sometimes my HB.exe use 1.2GB of RAM !!! Almost WoW lol

I got an Intel i5 3.40GHz (turbo at 3.80GHz), an AMD Radeon R9 270X 2GB by Sapphire with 8GB of RAM by G.Skill...

20. Hordebegone

Hordebegone New Member

Now i know hb just came back up but is there a way to try to get brf lfr's scripted within the next few months if everything else is safe id really like to be able to run the bot through them before next patch and more lfrs come out. And yes i know it says no eta but seriously they have been out for some time and i know it was addressed and stated that it wasn't priority but i think scripting lfr's is way more important then adding new bots like garrison buddy and such but that is just my opinion. So if somone could toss us some info on if its even being looked at or the progress it has been id be grateful.